Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My issues with us rushing the field.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

My issues with us rushing the field.

Oct 18, 2016, 10:49 AM

There is a big difference with fans meeting at the paw to sing the alma mater and rushing the field.

No one listens and rushes the field while the visiting team is still on the field. There is no reason any fan should be on the field before the away team has time to get off it.

Some people are acting like we are just meeting at the field... show me a video of our fans doing that this past weekend.

If I was a visiting coach I would have an issue with fans running up to my players.

With that said there will be a no field access policy if people continue to break the rules.

With that said, win the bye week!

Go tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Liability Cola by CU_Tigers_time is now trending on Tnet.

Re: My issues with us rushing the field.

Oct 18, 2016, 10:52 AM

If you want to take passion away from college football that is your choice but I do not like it. You think Navy should not have rushed the field after they beat Houston? They were all over the Houston player and he didnt look like he had a problem with it.

Can you imagine if a fan rushes a referee?

Oct 18, 2016, 11:03 AM

I can only hope our fans have more sense, but on-field access would be strictly enforced if anybody ever made contact with a ref trying to exit.

I fully support going onto the field after the game. It is a great time, and I enjoyed it as a student and a parent. I do not support rushing the field like a mad-man. Give it 30-60 seconds. The team and field will still be there.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They're going to ban it. It's only a matter of time.***

Oct 18, 2016, 11:43 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Yes they are. They are slowly warning everyone and putting

Oct 18, 2016, 2:37 PM

stuff in place knowing some of our people will never follow rules and then they can say "We tried". They hope that help deflect the outrage. It is only a matter of time.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

I thought Saturday looked pretty orderly

Oct 18, 2016, 11:41 AM

the 30 second delay helped. The NC State players were pretty much by themselves on the way out.

Certainly didn't hurt that the players were all in a dogpile near the hill.

I was too busy being in shock to notice.***

Oct 18, 2016, 11:48 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

They just need to arrest 1 person to put the scare back in

Oct 18, 2016, 11:45 AM

If enough people break the rules they get away with it. Sometimes you have to make an example out of a person. You don't have to actually press charges but you need the appearance that there will be consequences.

Just let one person get seriously hurt......

Oct 18, 2016, 11:53 AM

(and it can definitely happen in a rushing crowd) and things will get restricted. Nobody at Clemson wants to cut down on the fans enjoyment but they will if they're forced to.

You should know this

Oct 18, 2016, 12:15 PM

There's another issue, and it's safety of people jumping over the brick wall. Apparently several injuries have now occurred. It's not a short drop. Like the goal posts, some engineers (Clemson ones, of course) will have to design a "breakaway/fold-down" wall, similar to the concept of the fold-down goalposts.

I was informed of the injuries by a security man working at the top of the Hill.

you are absolutely correct.

Oct 18, 2016, 12:26 PM

they will stop it if they can't control it..and if that's the case, they SHOULD stop it..my guess is that those whose behavior may result in loss of this tradition are relatively recent clemson fans..either young or (if older) recent bandwagon convert.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GoTiguhs!!

Re: you are absolutely correct.

Oct 18, 2016, 12:30 PM

Eventually some abusive litigator will sue the school because timmy fell down and that will be the end of it. Lawyers are why we can't have nice things.

Another good point. We live in a world of lawsuits...

Oct 18, 2016, 12:36 PM

I had a construction vehicle scratch my truck and the owner was freaking out if I was hurt... I had to explain to the dude in not a person that lies for money...

Liability Cola by CU_Tigers_time is now trending on Tnet.

Re: Another good point. We live in a world of lawsuits...

Oct 18, 2016, 12:52 PM

he must have thought U were a DEADBEAT DEMOCRAT

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 18, 2016, 12:52 PM

Mine has to do with smaller children. When people start pushing there is a surge that is no ones fault. In England, Spain, all over people have been killed because of this nonsense. We pride ourselves in Sportsman like behavior, classy behavior all the way around but what I have seen the last two games was far from it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 18, 2016, 12:56 PM

I walked down in an orderly manner as did my entire family.. Oh, and by the way.... perhaps they should reconsider starting the alma mater with 15 seconds left on the countdown clock. That's kind of silly.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Folding goal posts say hello!***

Oct 18, 2016, 6:11 PM

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic