Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Flowe tidbit
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

Flowe tidbit

Dec 16, 2019, 5:14 PM
Q5aKmub.png(238.8 K)

from 247 guy.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Flowe tidbit

Dec 16, 2019, 5:21 PM

If what this guy is saying is true then he definitely was slow playing us and im glad the staff decided to move on. Hope he has a great career wherever he goes just sucks after months of hearing he's a lock and then stiff like this happens. I guess im going to have to get use to it if we're going to keep recruiting the best players in the country

Upland CA is not a big city but the rest makes sense

Dec 16, 2019, 5:55 PM

He kept changing his decision date and our staff had to move on.
My guess would be that same as at work for most high school kids - it is scary to go to school very far from home.

Re: Upland CA is not a big city but the rest makes sense

Dec 16, 2019, 6:23 PM

It's more scary for a 17,18 and 19 year old kid to
go in the military and may end up in combat. even
without the combat it's tough. I say GROW UP!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes & no (regarding Upland's status)

Dec 16, 2019, 7:49 PM [ in reply to Upland CA is not a big city but the rest makes sense ]

Upland isn't big by itself but it is in the area between LA and San Bernardino that is just one continuous developed area.

If you've ever flown into LAX at night and looked out you will realize there is no "country" between LA and San Bernardino, just continuous development.

This makes no sense

Dec 16, 2019, 5:23 PM

If he’s a “big city kid” then why is he reportedly heading to Oregon? Eugene certainly wouldn’t qualify as big city.

Miami writer. All they think that matters is

Dec 16, 2019, 5:30 PM

What city the school is in.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thought Biggins was 247's West Coast guy ?

Dec 16, 2019, 5:44 PM

Pulling the trigger to go all the way across the USA needs full family support. Too many around him want him closer to home. With all the hoopla about Oregon, wouldn't surprise me if SoCal doesn't get him. He's in the LA area.

i thought it said canes times in the URL***

Dec 16, 2019, 5:58 PM

Re: i thought it said canes times in the URL***

Dec 16, 2019, 7:55 PM

Yeah it was a Canestimes repost of a (real) USC reporter’s post.

Pretty sure Biggins is a left coast guy***

Dec 16, 2019, 5:50 PM [ in reply to Miami writer. All they think that matters is ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

there is half a million people close to Eugene

Dec 16, 2019, 5:47 PM [ in reply to This makes no sense ]

its huge compared to Clemson

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's a million people...

Dec 16, 2019, 6:15 PM

...in the Clemson/Upstate/GSP SC area...yes it's considered the same metro-demographic.

Somehow, the goobers in the press don't realize this, or conveniently forget to mention it. Clemson is NOT some southern school in the middle of nowhere as Finebaum likes to characterize it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I moved from LA to Greenville when I was 17

Dec 16, 2019, 6:42 PM

Greenville was tiny to me and in the boondocks and there was nothing to do. It was way different than LA. Upland is LA. You are still close to everything.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was born and raised in Greenville. I'm 61 years old. The

Dec 16, 2019, 6:58 PM

upstate has grown steadily to over 1,000,000 in the 2000 census. Below is the 1990 census date

Greenville County in 1990 - 320,000
Spartanburg County - 226,000
Anderson County - 145,000
Pickens County - 94,000

So, thirty years ago, there was still 794,000 people within a 50 mile radius of Clemson.

Per the 2019 population, Upland California has a population of 79,000.

Re: I was born and raised in Greenville. I'm 61 years old. The

Dec 16, 2019, 7:05 PM

Dang hitting that man with the research!!!!! I like it. ????

Trust me, living in Upland Ca is very different than living

Dec 16, 2019, 8:45 PM [ in reply to I was born and raised in Greenville. I'm 61 years old. The ]

in Clemson. They are not close at all. Disneyland is closer to Upland than Greenville is to Clemson. The mountains, are close the ocean is close. 10,000,000 people are close. Hollywood, Beverly Hills, Universal Studios, Every professional sports team, Racing, many museums, rap stars, movie stars...

it is very different living there than it is living in Clemson

Re: I moved from LA to Greenville when I was 17

Dec 16, 2019, 8:39 PM [ in reply to I moved from LA to Greenville when I was 17 ]

yeah, lived in New Orleans for two years. Came back to the upstate in 2002. Driving around Greenville was like driving around a sleepy little town with horrific traffic.

Clemson is absolutely in the middle of nowhere

Dec 16, 2019, 7:18 PM [ in reply to There's a million people... ]

Greenville is 40-45 minutes away.

We must have attended different Clemson’s then

Dec 16, 2019, 8:26 PM [ in reply to There's a million people... ]

Clemson is a small town in the middle of relatively nowhere. I love it.

The town of Upland has a bigger population than town of Greenville.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Greenville County has a population 514,000,

Dec 16, 2019, 6:32 PM [ in reply to there is half a million people close to Eugene ]

Spartanburg County has 313,000, Anderson County has 200,482, and Pickens County has 124,937. So, that is 1,1524,190 people living within a 50 mile radius of Clemson. Not exactly the boondocks.

Greenville is the most populated County, and has been since the 1900 census. Greenville County typically carries about 10% of the States population each census. Spartanburg is 5th most populated. Anderson County is 9th most populated in the State, and Pickens County is 14th .

Charleston, Berkeley, Dorchester Counties collectively has around 780,000.

Richland (414K) and Lexington (295K) County has around 710,000. The other Counties in the midlands are relatively small in population. The populated county in the midlands after Lexington is Kershaw County with 66K (22nd most populated), Newberry County 38.5K (26th), and they only get smaller.

The Upstate is where the people are in S.C., over $1.1 million people. The midlands around 810,000 with the smaller counties along with Richland and Lexington County, and the Berkeley, Charleston, Dorchester Counties collectively at 780,000.

That should read 1,154,190 people in the upstate counties

Dec 16, 2019, 6:36 PM

I listed within a 50 mile radius of Clemson.

Dec 16, 2019, 5:37 PM

Sorry, Upland and the IE ain't Big City, boss.

That place is 40 miles+ of soul crushing, urban sprawl away from any "cool" part of LA.

Frankly, the proximity of Ontario airport and direct flights to Eugene is probably the best tie-breaker if he does pick UO.

Dec 16, 2019, 5:47 PM

CS73 said:

Sorry, Upland and the IE ain't Big City, boss.

That place is 40 miles+ of soul crushing, urban sprawl away from any "cool" part of LA.

Frankly, the proximity of Ontario airport and direct flights to Eugene is probably the best tie-breaker if he does pick UO.

You’d be wrong about that. Keep heading east another 20 miles and Riverside looks just like LA. ......It does.

You’ll find all the exact same commerce and coolness. You’ll also find lots of rich people who tried to move out from the center of the hustle and bustle, yet the hustle and bustle just expanded.

Keep going east up that first little mountain (Mt Baldy) and you’ll find Lake Arrowhead up above the clouds overlooking the valley and even more coolness, to include celebrities living up there.

Dec 17, 2019, 5:33 PM

I hear what you are saying. I live in Southern CA too and was referring to "cool LA" as pretty much Downtown to the coast.

Yeah, you are right that there is a lot of wealth in Pasadena, La Canada, even due north of Upland in San Antonio Heights, but the glitzy, fun, stereotypical-LA that he would be partying in is all west of the 110 (except downtown). Nobody from USC is headed to Pomona to throw down.

Please tell me we showed him the Chick-fil-A!!!***

Dec 16, 2019, 5:49 PM

He slow-played Clemson and Clemson moved-on...

Dec 16, 2019, 5:59 PM

It happens.

When you're late to the party, you have to dance with the wall flowers.

No way we're going to pass-up a 5-star who wants to be at Clemson for ANYONE who still can't make a firm decision.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Dec 16, 2019, 6:05 PM

I guess he'll enjoy watching college playoffs rather than playing in them. I wish he could reconsider his choice but good luck to where he goes.

Dec 16, 2019, 6:23 PM

Upland isn't like some crazy city life. It's suburb like for So Cal. Maybe he wants to go to USC though and stay close to home. Also, going to Eugene isn't some crazy big city. Its over 100k, but Clemson has plenty going on. I went from Southern California to Clemson before Clemson had so much going on there. I never had a problem with it. Other than the food sucking back then, I never felt like it was too small. Just college life. Sounds like he just doesn't want to be so far away.

Dec 16, 2019, 7:03 PM

That’s okay. Clemson isn’t for everyone. Clemson was here before Flowe and Clemson will be here after him. If the community really was an issue he should have talked to Carman. He also wanted to go to USC but in the end chose Clemson because of the bigger picture (football). It’s his choice 100% but sometimes I wonder about there priorities.

Dec 16, 2019, 7:10 PM

Also give me the South over California any day!!!! They can keep all of there smog, horrible manners, bad traffic (although Charleston traffic probably isn’t that much better), less taxes, less drugs and crime (although once again as a whole Charleston has its issues), and screw the Kardashians!!!!!!

Dec 16, 2019, 7:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Flowe tidbit ]

bye

hope he's wrong but it makes sense. Really wanted flowe***

Dec 16, 2019, 7:19 PM

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic