Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What's wrong with swapping FSU to the coastal for GT to
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1,925

What's wrong with swapping FSU to the coastal for GT to

Jul 13, 2017, 4:35 PM

the Atlantic. Make FSU and Clemson cross rivals and GT and Miami cross rivals. You would be preserving those annual matchups as well as CU vs GT and FSU vs Miami making those rival games even better because they would be division matchups. CU/GT could compete each year for the Atlantic title while FSU/Miami would compete for the Coastal title.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Germans***

Jul 13, 2017, 4:37 PM

Ive always thought that FSU should be in the coastal division

Jul 13, 2017, 4:40 PM

just because Clemson vs FSU has been the ACC championship the last 8 out of 9 years i believe. Wouldnt mind seeing them switch with VT.

Then we would lose our yearly matchup with GT. No Thanks

Jul 13, 2017, 4:45 PM

on VT(yawn).

The ACC wants a rivalry between GT and VT...

Jul 13, 2017, 4:52 PM

That's the problem with that move.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What's wrong with swapping FSU to the coastal for GT to

Jul 13, 2017, 4:54 PM

simple. Swoffy wants his UNCheat team to have a shot every year for ACC crown. Not gonna happen if either Clemson or FSU is in their division.

Jul 13, 2017, 4:56 PM

For the record, since Miami has been in the ACC, they have NEVER competed for the ACC championship. So, it would be more like FSU/VT competing, haha.

Florida teams are split to appease northern schools

Jul 13, 2017, 5:01 PM

wanting the recruiting exposure in that state. That's been a big deal apparently.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think thats a terrible idea.

Jul 13, 2017, 5:24 PM

Fl St needs to stay where they are.
If you made them a cross rival, then its likely we are playing them twice a year, once in the rivalry game, once in ACCCG. That would mean 1 game wouldn't count except for the loser, who would now have a loss to the ither team the reat if the division doesn't have to play.
If you moved them and didn't make them a cross rival, then we give up definitely playing yearly. I would not be in favor of either scenario.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: I think thats a terrible idea.

Jul 13, 2017, 5:29 PM

Yeah, but that one game now is wiping the other one out. At least the ACCCG gives the earlier loser another shot. Besides, FSU is closer to both coasts than Clemson or GaTech are to one. (Geography!)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 13, 2017, 5:56 PM

I'm not saying I'm scared of competition but FSU has elite talent. I wouldn't want to have the chance of facing them twice a year. It could easily cost us a CFP appearance if we lost to them at the end of the year.

If they had a great OL last year we could have lost that game.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 13, 2017, 7:10 PM

Many on here probably do not remember the year that UT was undefeated and had already defeated LSU during the regular season. They were expected to play in the NC bowl game and was ranked #1 after the regular season. However, they had to play LSU in the SECCG. They lost to LSU, and did not play for the NC. We need to learn that valuable lesson. Right now, if we get past FSU, then it's clear sailing to the playoff and NCG to beat Bama again. This year will the the 3rd annual CLEMSON/BAMA NCG. Don't mess with tradition. :)

Replies: 11
| visibility 1,925
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic