Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Playoff committee chairman explains why Clemson over Alabama for #1 rank
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

FB Update: Playoff committee chairman explains why Clemson over Alabama for #1 rank

Dec 7, 2015, 10:35 AM

Playoff committee chairman explains why Clemson over Alabama for #1 rank

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson's response to being #1 --- 13-0***

Dec 7, 2015, 10:39 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"something in these hills..." -joe sherman

Good to know this guy isn't a complete idiot.

Dec 7, 2015, 10:45 AM

Shouldn't really have to explain it.

Re: FB Update: Playoff committee chairman explains why Clemson over Alabama for #1 rank

Dec 7, 2015, 10:45 AM

I've been saying for the last 3 or 4 weeks if all teams finish this way the committee will not put Bama against a good spread team in the first playoff game. Then last week when it looked like Bama would be playing Ok but and the committee said that they were really close to putting Bama #1 then they realized that if they did that and both Clemson and Bama won, they couldn't justify keeping OK ahead of the winner from the B1G championship game. This was the committee's way to ensure that Bama got into the NC game. They tried it last year against what everyone thought was a weak OSU team and that didn't work out for them. Go Tigers.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Honestly

Dec 7, 2015, 10:49 AM

I think this can be summed up easily by not wanting to give the #3 seed a major advantage in having them play in a "home field" situation against the #2.

Either way we have to play and beat a good team. Might as well be Oklahoma.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Or MSU just deverved by beating Ohio State and Michigan

Dec 7, 2015, 11:05 AM

on the road, Oregon at home, and previously undefeated #4 Iowa on a neutral field.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's fine too

Dec 7, 2015, 11:08 AM

I don't see any reason to argue it is undeserving either way

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why would this committee try to help Bama?***

Dec 7, 2015, 11:03 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Playoff committee chairman explains why Clemson over Alabama for #1 rank ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, aren't all the games on ESPN?

Dec 7, 2015, 12:00 PM

ESPN kind of loves the SEC. Not sure if you've watched the network before.

Re: FB Update: Playoff committee chairman explains why Clemson over Alabama for #1 rank

Dec 7, 2015, 10:49 AM

Long continued, "As the committee reviewed its fiduciary responsibility to the SEC, we felt it was in our and Alabama's best interest to play a lesser talented opponent that's geographic location was much less favorable for fans to travel than say, an Oklahoma. Quite honestly, when we used the "I test," I feel we made the best choice and I am richer, (I mean sure ) we made the call that's best for the CFB playoffs. In the end what's good for Alabama is good for all of College Football. Roll Tide!"-Jeff Long, CFB Playoff Committee Chairman.

Dec 7, 2015, 10:55 AM

Can you make the picture bigger? ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For same reason, Bama ought to be #4 - would love to play

Dec 7, 2015, 11:10 AM

them. I don't think MSU or Bama can handle the spread with great QB's like Oklahoma and Tigers.

Re: For same reason, Bama ought to be #4 - would love to play

Dec 7, 2015, 11:23 AM

The exact reason we're playing Oklahoma . not bama. They want an sec team in the championship.
GO TIGERS!!!

Think its a no brained!

Dec 7, 2015, 11:20 AM

Why would they even consider it. They beat teams that were rank but aren't now. They beat Florida. But they are just a defense, no offense. And we are under dogs for the game. Clemson should feel totally disrespected!
GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!

Wouldn't have mattered. If they bumped bama to #1 Oklahoma

Dec 7, 2015, 11:24 AM

would have stayed at #4. The got the match-ups they wanted, so that the final game is high power offense against SEC hard nosed defense.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 7, 2015, 11:48 AM

To be the best you have to beat the best. Bring on Oklahoma.

no mention that Bama lost a game

Dec 7, 2015, 2:25 PM

It really does seem that they give Bama a mulligan and treat them as undefeated. The stuff Long mentions is enough to rank Clemson ahead of Bama. Add in the fact Clemson is UNDEFEATED and Bama has a loss, and it shouldn't even be a question. Never once heard a question if Bama should be below 2nd. No discussion of if Bama or Mich St should be 2nd, which is actually a good question.

Fla's ability to hang with Bama for a half, after FSU's curb stomping of Florida

Dec 7, 2015, 8:08 PM

showed the committee a little bit about what the SEC ain't anymore.

Bama will lose to MSU...

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic