Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Snek Tuesday
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 362

Snek Tuesday

May 26, 2020, 11:07 AM
Snek1.jpg(461.5 K)
Snek2.jpg(536.2 K)

Yesterday when I finished up mulching the yard, my across the street neighbor calls me over and says she avoided driving over a snake in the road and wanted me to identify it. I walked over and saw this cute little guy slithering in the middle of the road and told her it was a copperhead. She proceeded to tell me to kill it rather than her having to drive over it. I go grab a shovel and go to town on the little guy. I missed his head the first time, so he threw his head up in the air and opened his mouth before he tried to get away. He was about 24-30" long, so not quite full grown, but close.

">

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

FTS FTS FTS FTS

May 26, 2020, 11:09 AM

She shooda run over it.

What kind is it?

ALIVE! RUN IT OVER.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

First time Id ever seen one in the wild

May 26, 2020, 11:18 AM

Gotta admit, it was nice knowing where he was before he knew where I was. He was slithering to get under a pile of yard waste in the street awaiting pickup. Within 20 minutes, someone had parked there and yard waste was getting picked up today. Ive already notified the neighborhood nextdoor group that when they clap for caregivers on Sunday at 6, they should also be clapping for me.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

murder

May 26, 2020, 11:24 AM

more people die from the flu than copperhead bites

why you gotta go and do that?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fatal_snake_bites_in_the_United_States

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Ill ship the next one to your house if youd prefer***

May 26, 2020, 11:28 AM

Please do

May 26, 2020, 11:33 AM

They would love the pond and fields behind our house and my resident king snake would like the chase

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Kings can't kill them all.***

May 26, 2020, 11:33 AM [ in reply to murder ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A shovel?

May 26, 2020, 11:35 AM

Rookie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22aYCoTe-0I

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good job, sir!

May 26, 2020, 11:36 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've probably relocated more copperheads than I've

May 26, 2020, 11:41 AM

dispatched. They're so nonaggressive that I feel bad shoveling them just because they happen to be a lil venomous. It's not like they want to use it. Unlike, say, a cottonmouth, who wakes up thinking about who he gets to bite today, and all the kids and pets and canoes he's going to chase.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

19B:

May 26, 2020, 11:44 AM

"I've found you a great little 2 bedroom condo in Mt. Pleasant, 2.5 bath and the complex has a great pool!"

Snek: "Sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss"

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I had about an ounce of regret yesterday

May 26, 2020, 11:45 AM [ in reply to I've probably relocated more copperheads than I've ]

But that quickly faded when I realized that the snake had come from my yard where my dog roams freely and was heading toward a yard with two kids who are outside from almost sunrise to sunset everyday.

when you think of your dog with a snake bite to the snozz

May 26, 2020, 12:17 PM

your conscience tends to ease a bit over killing it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 362
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic