Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
First round of the playoffs. Does anyone else
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

First round of the playoffs. Does anyone else

Nov 21, 2018, 6:48 AM

Find it very annoying we will likely play a team that gets an extra week to heal up/ rest and game plan for us. Life isn’t fair, but it still irks me. Just win Baby.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

no one to blame but the ACC

Nov 21, 2018, 6:52 AM

Let them join everything but football.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: no one to blame but the ACC

Nov 21, 2018, 7:06 AM

Can't even really blame the ACC. Notre Dame is too Gosh "All High and Mighty" to join any conference.
But even if they were a true "Independent" they remain undefeated and will be considered by the committee.

Re: no one to blame but the ACC and Barker

Nov 21, 2018, 7:13 AM [ in reply to no one to blame but the ACC ]

this gem was his baby.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When you have 4 weeks to prepare

Nov 21, 2018, 7:00 AM

Adding an extra week really doesn’t make that big of a difference. Just an extra week to try to balance getting your team rested but not letting them get rusty.

Plus, you’re lying to yourself if you don’t think we have analysts already studying likely playoff opponents.

7 days is big...if bama's LBS didn't have time to

Nov 21, 2018, 7:47 AM

heal, maybe clemson can run better against them.

the biggest advantage they have is safety.

Wisconsin was IN the playoffs...Bama was out.

Wisconsin had to play an extra game. .Bama didn't. .

just too much to lose , nothing to gain.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

The extra week is not as big a deal as

Nov 21, 2018, 7:48 AM [ in reply to When you have 4 weeks to prepare ]

the extra game we'll have to play. Pitt is another physical team similar to BC. 13 games takes a bigger toll than 12.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

No, they will be more rusty than us.***

Nov 21, 2018, 7:02 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: First round of the playoffs. Does anyone else

Nov 21, 2018, 7:08 AM

I find it very annoying and should not be allowed to happen. Even something as a targeting call on some of our key players might cost us in the CFP. Any possible injuries during the ACCCG will also hurt our chances. ND is a pretty good team IMO, and will compete very well with whichever team they play, so they do not need an extra week of rest and planning. Totally unfair on multiple levels.

Kelly with that same 'lugubrious' look from Death Valley...

Nov 21, 2018, 7:09 AM

ain't gonna matter... Even if they try and slide us Khaki Pants,... ain't gonna matter.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 21, 2018, 7:25 AM

There are four weeks between the ACCCG and playoff game so your argument is silly at best

"heal up / rest " for 7 days vs

Nov 21, 2018, 7:54 AM

"line up and take some more hits"

If something happens to 1 of clemson's players in the ACC Championship game, you may change your mind.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Nov 21, 2018, 7:27 AM

Plus any team not coached by Saban will likely be rusty from the long layoff

Keep in mind

Nov 21, 2018, 7:34 AM

This will be ND and Michigan’s first time going to the playoff which I think gives Bama and Clemson a big edge as they have figured out the best way to get prepared for this.

And Tua is going to have a lot of Heisman obligations while our guys are in Clemson having the tape of last year’s Sugar Bowl play in the background of their workouts.

ND?

Nov 21, 2018, 7:35 AM

Don't make me laugh.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

According to some vocal folks here, Notre Dame totally sucks

Nov 21, 2018, 7:42 AM

So I'm assuming that The Irish getting an extra week off will have no bearing on the outcome versus our beloved Tigers.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree. The only reason we lost to Ohio State in the CFP

Nov 21, 2018, 7:51 AM

2 years ago is because they had that extra week of rest! And now it's going to happen again with ND!

Re: I agree. The only reason we lost to Ohio State in the CFP

Nov 21, 2018, 8:02 AM

What’s interesting is that if we do get ND, and I hope we do, we will have played a team with an extra week of rest the last 3 years. Not complaining, just pointing it out.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic