Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
First real post since the game, my take
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

First real post since the game, my take

Jan 13, 2016, 10:03 AM

1) First and foremost, congrats to Bama. They played a great game and are a dang good team who proved themselves capable of taking advantage of our mistakes. Even the little ones like a missed tackle 5 yards behind the LOS were exploited into big plays. Hats off to them.

2) We were very bit good enough to win that game. That makes me smile. It isn't a moral victory, we lost, I get it. But we went toe to toe and outplayed them for much of the game on the biggest stage.

3) Hats off to the Bama coaching staff for seeing something they could exploit on kickoffs. It wasn't the "gutsy" call folks are making it out to be because we had proved we were going to move the ball at that point, but it was a great call and excellent execution.

4) It 100% was not why we lost, but some mechanism has to be put into place to be able to correct the timing issues at the end of the first half. There is no recourse but to call the timeout and complain, but at that point there is no mechanism in place to correct the issue and then give the TO back. That's a problem in the rules. Again, not why we lost, but if we pick up even 5 more yards, that's a majorly different kick that likely doesn't get blocked.

5) Watching Wayne get it going on the ground and on the swing passes reminds me just how good a player he is.

6) That interception was a great play on their part, but man that play was still there. Watson puts air under that and it's a sure TD. That hurts to think about.

7) The TIgers simply don't quit. Down double digits very late and the O still went out there and pressed on. That's a good thing to see, even if they came up short in the end.

8) On Bama's last TD, they definitely 100% scored. But the timing of it being called was odd. A good 10 seconds after the play was over they signaled TD. Again, they scored, and it would've been reviewed, but the call does matter. Had it been inconclusive on replay then the fact it was called a TD would've stood. That was weird officiating mechanics on their part.

9) 3 great plays made by their runners (1 by the QB), proved to be the deciding factors. The TD, the 3rd down run and the swing pass on that last drive. We were in position to make the play, but couldn't. Give them credit, but those are plays we make almost all season.

10) It's obvious, but losing Alexander hurt us immensely. We did a good job of covering for him (and covering for Kearse who just didn't seem to have the speed he had for most of the season), but in the end they exploited it as championship teams do.

11) It feels like this is the sort of team and program who is capable of making this run again. For the most part we are a "next man up" sort of team right now, and I look for next season to be another great chance to make a run.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great post! I couldn't get upset about the interception.

Jan 13, 2016, 10:06 AM

Watson played the game of his life and still almost led us to victory.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh, no doubt

Jan 13, 2016, 10:09 AM

I'm not upset at all at the interception. It was a great read by their safety, and it'd be idiotic of me to expect perfection from any single player, especially one who made so many awesome plays all season (and all night) and we knew he'd have to carry a bunch of the load.

He missed 2 passes Monday night that stick out. One to Renfroe when his defender fell down and the interception. Both were big, but he was great all night.

He proved he is an amazing player, and deserves every bit of credit for being such

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If Maximus had laid some more air on that pass...

Jan 13, 2016, 10:43 AM

...to Ray Ray, that Bama safety appeared to me to be leaping just about as high as he could to intercept that pass. From the Bama viewing angle, it seemed to me to be a perfectly thrown ball. If Maximus had laid more air on it, I don't think Ray Ray could have pulled it in. Mike Williams for sure could have pulled it in, but not Ray Ray.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

I think he'd have had to wait a beat or two more

Jan 13, 2016, 11:02 AM

But in the end he didn't seem to see the safety so he didn't know he'd need to.

good thoughts....

Jan 13, 2016, 10:14 AM

To me, as you said, the onside kick was a great job of coaching/film preparation.

I also think it was no mistake the OJ Howard was a huge target since he had been underutilized all season. Seems we shut the stars and that was our focus. Obviously, Alexander's absence was part of it, but I think Bama coaches saw this and exploited it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

True

Jan 13, 2016, 10:17 AM

Our aggressive nature really was used against us on those plays. Often the safeties were taking steps forward and losing coverage of him coming out of the backfield. Good job of them to exploit it.

You say this was your first real post since the game so does

Jan 13, 2016, 10:22 AM

that mean you had some fake posts?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: First real post since the game, my take

Jan 13, 2016, 10:34 AM

tiger_thom; Just curious why your good post failed to mention anything about the absolutely horrible play on the part of our safeties. Of all the things in thew game, IMO this was the largest single factor that caused us to lose. Those receivers were so wide open my wife could have caught the darn ball!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

OK I think you know the rules...

Jan 13, 2016, 10:36 AM

pigs of wife?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

We got burned

Jan 13, 2016, 11:05 AM [ in reply to Re: First real post since the game, my take ]

That was obvious to anyone who saw the game.

But I wasn't going to call out any player or position in particular there. On some of those busted plays it was hard to tell from the replay who was necessarily at fault. AS a whole the the defensive backfield had those costly miscues, that were often due to our quite aggressive nature of jumping routes and getting caught looking into the backfield.

Re: First real post since the game, my take

Jan 13, 2016, 10:38 AM

Our little mistakes caught up wit us. But in saying that we still had a chance to win. Clean up those mistakes we win by 10 points. Both teams fought hard it was a good game. We will be back.
GO TIGERS!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic