Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
First post, just back from CFC, Bama fan
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

First post, just back from CFC, Bama fan

Jan 16, 2016, 10:29 PM

Hello,
I've been creeping on here since the ND game earlier this season. I watched the game from a bar in Athens after attending the Bama v Georgia game. I thought I would spend the remainder of my time on here like so many other fan sites, reading, but not participating. I feel that the post by other Bama fans have forced my hand.

Dear other bama fans that came here prior to and post game in droves,
####. You pieces of crap are exactly what people hate about this fan base. Entitled, arrogant, disrespectful. Instead of trying to emulate the words of Coach Bryant and "act(ing) like you've been here before," you're trolling, talking smack, and when confronted with things you don't like, shouting "roll tide."

I hate you. The real Alabama fans hate you. The entirety of real college football fans hate you.

I attended the game vs Clemson and saw what many others saw. One of, if not the best game of the bowl season. I saw a team that played with emotion, skill, and better than many, myself included, thought they would play. All the talk of the big stage didn't matter. Clemson is a playoff contender year in and year out from this point forth for the ACC unless Dabo straight up loses his mind.

I'm not here to kiss butt though. I was annoyed by a few Clemson fans at the game (as well as a few Bama fans.) There were moments that I wanted to talk trash, rub a score in the face of, or just mock the Clemson fans (the two in front of me...you know who you were.) But it would have been pretty hypocritical and classless.

The fact is that the previous title was a generation removed since the last for Clemson. I saw fans overwhelmed with happiness just to be there. And when they lost, it was the definition of class. Bama fans, remember how we felt when Saban came to us? How we knew that everything was about to change. Well, Dabo has been pulling in a top 15 recruiting class for 5 years now, so this success has been coming, and looks like it's not going anywhere anytime soon.

I love college football and watch it on 3 tvs in the living room every Saturday during the season. I love the SEC, but watch every game, every conference, starting Thursday night with the random FCS or PAC 12 games that occasionally show.

I'm down for discussing football at all times, reasonably and rationally. I know that this site has some extremist as well, but in all fairness, I am the visitor. If you ever want to talk legit football, or questions on an SEC, B10, B12, or PAC game that you didn't see or team you're curious about and you don't want to just read the talking heads opinions, let me know.

And I hope those that the Clemson fans that I met at the game walked away with the feeling of, "wow, I guess all the Bama fans AREN'T ########." If you didn't see the post game interviews, particularly a few that were on the field, not scripted from the Bama players, they all had nothing but great things to say about the team they faced, particularly Watson, whom several said was the best QB they may have ever faced.

Roll Tide and best of luck next season. I'm pretty sure you don't need it.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: First post, just back from CFC, Bama fan

Jan 16, 2016, 10:49 PM

Thanks for coming by. I was in Glendale and the vast, vast majority of Alabama fans were great fans. It was a great game, and the better team won. Special teams hurt us.

Sadly, our rivals will disguise their true allegiance and pose a Alabama fans just to pi$$ us off. It may not be Bama fans trash talking.

Again, thanks for visiting and come back. You can give us a better idea of what we will face when we play Auburn - our next game.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Auburn is....

Jan 16, 2016, 10:58 PM

REALLY hard to figure out. Will Muschamp was brought in SPECIFICALLY to fix the issues with Auburn defense. Their best defensive outting of the year was against the Memphis Tigers in the bowl....AFTER Muschamp had left for USCe.

This previous year they were picked as top two for the SEC west and just collapsed. Their QB Jeremy Johnson played the best game of his career, and quite frankly, unless they gel in the offseason, are probably headed for some problems. They currently remind me of Ohio State this past year. A lot of talent, but no leader, and a lot of drama in the staff.

If they show up, and I mean completely have their best game and play like mad men, I'd still think it's at least a 2 touchdown win if your team plays like it did the second half of this past season. That being said, it's college football, and anything could happen.

I guess the real question, what's the over under on the announcers saying, "the tigers" instead of Auburn/Clemson?

Re: Auburn is....

Jan 16, 2016, 11:07 PM

But look all your post can't be long, many on here have a a.d.d., me included. Just can't make it through them. ??

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 16, 2016, 11:11 PM

Drop an adderol in that shine and make it an all nighter

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 16, 2016, 11:18 PM

Can't have church at 9:30. And apparently some folks either want to hit bar across street tomorrow or have a cookout.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 17, 2016, 8:40 PM [ in reply to Auburn is.... ]

It'll be war chickens and tigers

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

sorry wrong..better team did not win***

Jan 17, 2016, 8:03 PM [ in reply to Re: First post, just back from CFC, Bama fan ]

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 16, 2016, 10:58 PM

Your Bama little brothers are going to be pretty angry with you, and call you a tater, and a pile of ??.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 16, 2016, 11:03 PM

Prepare yourself, every fan base has @ssholes or people that are just ribbing you. You seem like a nice guy so don't let people get to you.

Jan 16, 2016, 11:10 PM

I met some real nice bama fans and had good interactions. Why shouldn't we? Our states are similar regionally and socially. Had some tell me that they didn't want to play us again... that's respect for your opponent. We missed opportunities but so did y'all. And give Saban credit for his coaching. Not only by picking up the tempo but having studied our tendencies on the kick offs.

Mar 17, 2016, 11:34 AM

Knowing your opponents strengths and weaknesses as you do with your own team, is a great start to defeating them. And also learn how they may disguise those weaknesses, usually your team will end up in the winner's circle, and that is what Saban done. And he done it by asking for help from coaches we had already beaten. Football and chess are a lot alike. And if you play them about the same as Saban did, the results are about the same as his was. They had just scored when he felt it was a perfect time to exploit our weakness on kick offs. I do believe that we were the better team, but Saban was the better strategizer that helped his team by attacking our weakness!!!

Jan 17, 2016, 12:47 AM

I have a new found respect for Bama fans since the game, it's not your fault EsecPN kisses Bama's A$$. Seriously that is the reason most of us dislike Bama. The fans I've interacted with seem to a class act. You need to know a few things, most importantly a "coot" is what we call our baby brother 's. You do realize they claim Bama's titles as thier own, something about the SEC. Secondly, hang around long enough and you will be called a "coot". Most importantly I as I imagine many of my Tiger Family will be pulling for Bama this year. We really want a chance to kick Bama's A$$ and finish the job. I will admit the best team one that night, that night being the key words. Go Tigers and Congrats, Enjoy it, Tigers are Coming!

Jan 17, 2016, 12:51 AM

I would say the team that made the fewest mistakes

Jan 17, 2016, 10:13 AM

And the best trick, but we all use them when we feel we really need the help!!!

I did not RA your post.

Jan 17, 2016, 5:46 AM

It's the best I can do.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 17, 2016, 7:39 AM

I am not one to relish in anything even remotely resembling a moral victory, that's not what I am doing. I totally agree with everything you posted and just know, all fan bases have "those" fans. Unfortunately, Clemson isn't immune from such people. In life, when everything is left on the field of play and all that's left is heart, emotion and sheer guts there is a common respect for the guys on the other side of the field. Yes, one is declared the winner but any man that observed, listened or participated in this epic game knows a game so special will resonate through the ages and be referred to as a classic. Mutual respect and genuine sportsmanship is a better outcome than anything ever seen on a scoreboard. Like your post!

Re: Just curious Tatooguy

Jan 17, 2016, 7:52 AM

What kind of Alabama fan do you think Saban's son is?

Re: Just curious Tatooguy

Jan 17, 2016, 5:15 PM

I saw that photo/video and God, I hope it wasn't him (but if out wasn't it's his evil twin). And if it was I hope he uses his dad's connections to make contact with DW and apologize. Get excited, yell, all that....but don't "involve" yourself with the players in that manner.

Jan 17, 2016, 10:20 AM

Great post and welcome/congrats on the game. It is nice to meet a nice fan of another fan base that understands that everyone has their own classes fans... some more than others, but we met plenty of awesome Bama fans while in Glendale and glad to hear you met plenty of good fans of ours as well.
I am hoping for Clemson vs Alabama II next year because it was a blast.

Good luck in 2016.

hey - thanks for the sentiment - but not necessary...

Jan 17, 2016, 6:54 PM

Fact is ...that was one of the best college football games in YEARS - not just the bowl season...Every player on both side left it all on the field..got to be an instant classic.

What make college football run through our veins -

Congrats on the win - deserved as you earned it - no way to discount - I could see in Saban's eyes he knew he had a heck of a game on his hands.

Happy that we could be a part of it even on the bottom end - and we hope to be back soon (kinda liking the odds)

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I love the SEC"

Jan 17, 2016, 7:14 PM

Pathetic.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Jan 17, 2016, 7:20 PM

Thank you for the post!! I think y'all will be in good shape to meet us in Tampa. Week one will let us know alot about alot of teams. I'm ready for next year. Stay classy!

Jan 17, 2016, 7:30 PM

These posts are much-appreciated. We know you're not all represented by the few that came here leading to and after the game man. Oklahoma fans, or wannabes, talked far more before the game and were never to return after their loss. That loss stung like h3ll, still does, but knowing the future remains bright leaves us with ample hope for a quick return. Say whatever you want about Alabama, you don't get that resume without stables full of talent and depth. The comraderie attained through that battle left me with a respect for the Alabama program that I never had before. Good luck to you all as well, and based on Scarborough alone, I'm sure you also won't need it. If we're lucky, see you again next January! You're welcome here any time.

Jan 17, 2016, 7:38 PM

What did the two guys in front of you look like?

Jan 17, 2016, 11:24 PM

Tall skinny guy, yellow shirt, baseball cap. Short chubby dude, Dawkins Jersey

Jan 17, 2016, 7:49 PM

So what are your thoughts on playing the real USC? How do they fair. Isn't their QB gone now? I know they have a ton of talent and they always seem to play at the level of their opponent now a days. Maybe they can put up a good game but I see Bama controlling from start to finish 14-20 point game IMO. Maybe worse

Jan 17, 2016, 11:42 PM

I'm not sure. Their coaching situation has been a train wreck with the alcoholics anonymous guy and such. As always, they are rich with and.

Despite what many may say, a lot Bama fans didn't expect to reach the playoffs this year OR last year. We were all dressing our an situation. I'm also a very pessimistic fan, so unless it's against a Joe Bob's community college and shrimp emporium I don't generally speculate except to view matchup. At this point, I'm wanting for signing day and the spring game.

I sat there for the post game interviews.. I know Saban

Jan 18, 2016, 1:14 AM

didn't so much as acknowledge another team, player, or coach was in the building that night. No congrats to Clemson on a great season or game, no hats off to Watson or a great Clemson D, no respect to the opposing coach.

I cheer for Clemson only. I'm not a Bama "hater." They played a great game, won, and most fan encounters I had were pleasant.. but Saban pissed me off.

So maybe the players were complimentary, but your coach could learn a thing or two from them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: I sat there for the post game interviews.. I know Saban

Jan 18, 2016, 2:04 AM

I haven't watched all of them, but this one was posted on my Facebook, and within the first minute he acknowledges Clemson, their season, and Watson. Also, the very first interview approximately 20 seconds after the game ended with Tom Rinaldi, his first statement was, "it was a tough game. You gotta give Clemson players a lot of credit. They really got a good team. They were a great challenge for us."

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2016/01/hear_what_nick_saban_had_to_sa_5.html#incart_river_index

He's usually complimentary and respectful of the opposing team and staff.

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic