Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
First day of school.....done.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 485

First day of school.....done.

Aug 20, 2019, 7:56 AM

Today I also realized this is the ONLY year ever when I will be able to drop off any set of two of the three boys off at the same school. After this year, they all remain in separate schools. Oh, and when my youngest enters K5, my oldest will be entering college.

#didntdothatright

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Seems you'll have a window of time where

Aug 20, 2019, 8:01 AM

one will haul the others around just to have the privilege or driving.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Eventually.

Aug 20, 2019, 10:35 AM

But for me to not have to take any, it will be until my 5yo turns 15yo, so 10 years I have to take SOMEONE.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are there laws about new drivers toting around car

Aug 20, 2019, 11:38 AM

set aged kids? Seems like you've got a labor force otherwise.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I feel your pain. Mine are 14, 9 and 2

Aug 20, 2019, 8:22 AM

and we have to be out by 7:10 every morning. Out of curiosity, I made a count of cars lined up at a stop sign in Powdersville on my way back home and it was 117 cars deep. This was at 7:30, 15 minutes after I went through that same 3 way stop waiting behind only 3 cars.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here's how I roll with that.....

Aug 20, 2019, 8:45 AM

I don't.

Doors open at the school at 7am sharp. Classes start at 7:40. BUT, if you go around back to the BACK DOOR, they open the doors at 6:50am to let the kids off the early buses. PLUS, they have "early clubs" which you must encourage. Oldest LOVES them because he can play on the computer every morning. Anyway, we leave the house at 6:36am. We arrive at the back of the school with the first buses around 6:48am. Mr. Jimmy opens the door at 6:50am sharp every morning. When that door opens, they leave. Back home by 7:04am. No traffic to speak of. No long lines. Gives me 30 minutes for a second cup of coffee and relaxation before wife and youngest wake up. Working by 7:45 am.

Except two days a week I take the youngest, and his school doesn't start until 9am :(

Message was edited by: Tiggity®

Greenr just leaves the house at 5:15 AM and goes to work

Aug 20, 2019, 8:48 AM

but Wife is a Pro and handles everything herself (and her mom takes youngest to school...which we have to pay her for)

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lost me at wife is.....***

Aug 20, 2019, 8:53 AM

This is what I'm dreading

Aug 20, 2019, 9:26 AM [ in reply to Greenr just leaves the house at 5:15 AM and goes to work ]

I can barely get my wife to put her fuggin dishes in the sink, much less take care of any of this kind of ####. I already feel like I'm developing that dead eyed 1000 yard stare.

I don't think I'd like my MIL very much if I had to pay her to take my kid to school.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Look man.....

Aug 20, 2019, 9:33 AM

I think it is complete bullship that I have to pay her to

Aug 20, 2019, 9:58 AM [ in reply to This is what I'm dreading ]

spend time with her grandson, but she is not retired and therefore has to work that into her schedule. She offered to just watch him when he was an infant, for like $500/week. Fuck that noise. We never had my parents or her parents bending over backwards to help without wanting something in return. Oh well, one more year of this bullshit until they are all at the same school.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

$500 a week? Sweet jeebus.....is your wife's family

Aug 20, 2019, 10:03 AM

made up of a bunch of irish pikeys?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

Maybe Greenr should have charged HER to park her caravan in

Aug 20, 2019, 11:17 AM

the driveway?

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just remember, you get to choose the nursing home one day***

Aug 20, 2019, 10:09 AM [ in reply to I think it is complete bullship that I have to pay her to ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I mean, what is that $12 a kid?***

Aug 20, 2019, 2:37 PM [ in reply to I think it is complete bullship that I have to pay her to ]

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

he could probably uber them there cheaper.

Aug 20, 2019, 2:38 PM

Do the kids mind riding in a 2012 Kia Sorento with a stained back seat that smells a lot like cigarette smoke?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

do You mind meeting me at shelter right now?***

Aug 20, 2019, 2:40 PM

doctor jimmy

Aug 20, 2019, 8:57 AM [ in reply to Here's how I roll with that..... ]

https://youtu.be/HYjgWTctQR0

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

If they’re getting out at the bus ramp anyways

Aug 20, 2019, 9:01 AM [ in reply to Here's how I roll with that..... ]

Just put them on the bus.

Will motivate them to do well enough in school to make sure they are successful in life to the point where they never have to rely on public transportation again.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Well, problem is the bus comes by our neighborhood VERY

Aug 20, 2019, 9:05 AM

early. He'd have to be waiting for the bus at 6am, meaning he'd have to get up way too much earlier than the too early he gets up now.

I also start work at 7:45a, but I don't have to be out of

Aug 20, 2019, 9:02 AM [ in reply to Here's how I roll with that..... ]

the bed until 6:35a It was 6:40 today, still made it, no coffee.

That sucks

Aug 20, 2019, 9:39 AM

I work out at 6:30 while daughter of watches youtube on my laptop.

Then I take her to my mother at the elementary school across the road while the regular parents are waiting in line.

Then I shower and go to work.

Pretty nice.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

this thread makes me depressed

Aug 20, 2019, 9:42 AM

I don't think I can operate at these early hours.

Both kids at same school starting week after labor day.

drop off at 9 and pickup at 12:45.

I pretty much don't participate in that part of the operation.

I feel that will be changing when they go to real school.

Dude...

Aug 20, 2019, 9:54 AM

my son is a senior, daughter#1 is in 7th, daughter#2 turns four in 11 days.

#iwillneverretire

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

I can top that...

Aug 20, 2019, 12:57 PM

I've got three kids in three high schools and a fourth kid in a grade school. And a 1 year old in a pre-school/daycare.

And when the grade schooler leaves for college, the pre-schooler will be entering third grade.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sound like that not all you topped***

Aug 20, 2019, 2:43 PM

Hole up

Aug 20, 2019, 2:50 PM [ in reply to I can top that... ]

This mahfuggah over here with 5 fucking kids and yall wanna act like my 3 kids is a fucking football team's worth?

Re: Hole up

Aug 20, 2019, 3:05 PM

Replies: 27
| visibility 485
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic