Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
First Game Back
Hall of Fame - Tiger Boards Hall of Fame
add New Topic
Replies: 0
| visibility 1
   | View Original Thread |

First Game Back

Sep 7, 2011, 5:10 AM

I lost my Dad last October 2nd. Due to his illness I did not make it to Clemson at all last year. After his death I did not feel I could attend a game. Saturday morning, myself and my boys loaded up and headed to the Valley. My emotions were running all over the place. We arrived and parked, headed to Knickerbockers, soaked up all the beauty that is Clemson. Headed back to the car and tail gated. My mind raced back to all the trips Daddy and I took, all the games we had seen together. I told the boys about an hour and a half before kick off lets go. We walked to the stadium and went on in. I went to dads old seats and sat down. It was as if he were sitting there right beside me, I closed my eyes and we were yelling and jumping, hugging. I thought this would help me be prepared for kickoff, I was wrong. As we went to our seats I was doing well, until our Tigers gathered at the top of the Hill. Folks, I completely lost it. As we ran down the Hill the tears streamed down my face. I cried until Sammy caught the touchdown pass. Dont ever, never, let anyone tell you that Clemson is not a special place. For just a moment Saturday, I was a little boy again with my Dad. We were in Clemson to watch our Tigers, and all was right with the world!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 0
| visibility 1
Hall of Fame - Tiger Boards Hall of Fame
add New Topic