Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
First Clemson football game advice
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1,234

First Clemson football game advice

Nov 21, 2013, 6:55 PM

Greetings Tiger fans,
We are coming up this Saturday for our first football game at Clemson. Seeking advice on recommended things to do, where to eat and places to visit.

We've been to the campus before but not on gameday, just a quick visit a year or two ago.

Me: A GT alum who has always cheered for Clemson (minus that one game)
The wife: A Kansas born, Georgia transplant who became a Tiger fan about 7 years ago after moving here to Savannah.

Any parking advice would also be appreciated.

Thanks guys

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: First Clemson football game advice-U must wear regalia

Nov 21, 2013, 6:58 PM

do not under any circumstances confuse this with some shade of dark purple. :)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: First Clemson football game advice-U must wear regalia

Nov 21, 2013, 7:03 PM

My advice...due to the early start...is to get their very early.

Re: First Clemson football game advice

Nov 21, 2013, 7:05 PM

Park at the Y beach off sc93 for around $10.00 (unless they
went up) and ride the free CAT bus. Come in on 123 from Seneca and take right onto 93 to Y beach(second turn on the right about a half a mile after you turn off 123).
There are not many great places to eat in Clemson. Fatz or Copper River in Seneca are pretty good.

Welcome to Tigernet... A list of somethings to do in

Nov 21, 2013, 7:05 PM

Clemson....

1. Esso Club and have a cold one, this is the famous spot that was voted number one college bar by ESPN Mag, also the favorite place of Brent.
2. Rub Howard's Rock and go on the field after the game.
3. Go to TigerWalk This is 2 hours prior to kickoff.
4. Walk around Campus and take in the buildings
5. Clemson Ice Cream in The Hendrix Center...

Hope you have a good time

Drop me a t-mail if you have any questions

Nov 21, 2013, 7:11 PM

There is lots of $20 parking around the downtown area. North Clemson Ave. allows parking on the street side(free).
Go to Tiger Town Tavern before the game and Esso Club after.
Go on the field after the game and take pictures at Howard's Rock. If you are in the upper deck, go all the way up for a great view of campus and lake.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Depending on how early you get there

Nov 21, 2013, 7:12 PM

you can get decent free parking by the golf course (Cherry Rd/Old Stadium Rd (Park along the road, or in one of the free lots) Its not that far of a walk.

Re: Depending on how early you get there

Nov 21, 2013, 7:30 PM

1.2 miles!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Parking & things & places to see in Tigertown....

Nov 21, 2013, 8:23 PM

Hello..try parking about 4 blocks away from downtown near movie theatre or post office (near bypass but up main road that leads up to town), maybe behind bank nearby or in surrounding neighborhoods on left, costing about $10-$20..which will make it easier after game to get home.

Then, walk towards town in minutes so to see shops selling Tiger stuff..then, when at major stop light facing Bowman Field & looking towards Tillman Hall (next to Subway)turn right and head down past Soccer Field, Tennis Courts & large parking lot on your left..and then go one more block (look on your right side) where world famous ESSO CLUB is the place where Brent Musberger goes for beers which are sipped outside among hundreds of Orange Fans..and then simply walk back across the street towards stadium within eye sight.

And, if you've got time go to stadium's East side one hour before game (end where Team's buses come to) and watch TigerBand come down the "outside" hill playing Tiger Rag (at top of that outside hill is the John C. Calhoun home called Fort Hill, which Tom Clemson & wife inherited, and is a national landmark & free to visit inside).

Of course..you could get inside early and get over close to The HILL (under the scoreboard, but know this IS NOT POSSIBLE "IF" your tickets are in the UPPER DECKS) and watch Team get off buses & rub the ROCKchip before running down The HILL.

Good Luck, have Fun..and GoTiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've never thought it was that bad

Nov 22, 2013, 12:18 AM [ in reply to Re: Depending on how early you get there ]

Besides, its not much further than some of the commuter lots I park in during the week to walk to class

Nov 21, 2013, 8:12 PM

Roughly two hours before (around 10am) go to TigerWalk. There's nothing better. At the end of the game definitely go down on the field. I always love going down to the field, especially on senior day. After the game, I would recommend grabbing a bite to eat at the Esso Club.

It will be a little cold on Saturday but should be sunny. So definitely walk around the beautiful campus!

Welcome to Tigernet!

Nov 21, 2013, 11:26 PM

*Bowman Field will open at 8 a.m. and will have the largest display of military vehicles in the 20-year history of Military Appreciation Day. The displays will include current military vehicles, vintage vehicles and several interactive displays.

That might be interesting.

Defintely ESSO CLUB after game !! ******

Nov 21, 2013, 11:59 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Another thread that gives some good info

Nov 22, 2013, 5:28 AM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=1287495

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Also.....

Nov 22, 2013, 5:29 AM

http://tigerpregameshow.blogspot.com/2013/08/visitors-guide-to-clemson-football.html

http://tigerpregameshow.blogspot.com/2012/10/a-visitors-guide-to-clemson-weekend-vs.html

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 22, 2013, 6:16 AM

Thanks for all this great info. We are definitely looking forward to a great time with what I've always considered great fans.

Something y'all might enjoy....my wife became a Tiger fan while watching the 2006 game with me, when Spiller and Davis ran all over my Jackets. New to the area she needed a team of her own.

See y'all Saturday.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1,234
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic