Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Fire Jack
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Fire Jack

May 30, 2014, 2:39 PM

Should have pitched Goose

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

hahaha***

May 30, 2014, 2:40 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: hahaha***

May 30, 2014, 2:42 PM

He's right. The most important game is the next one up. You pitch your ace when you're the #3 seed. If you're hosting and a #1 seed, that's different. But today that's not the case for us.

Crownover has been our Friday starter for over a month.

May 30, 2014, 2:43 PM

Do you guys even watch/listen/attend the games?

Does NOT mean he is the ace, Have to use #1******

May 30, 2014, 2:45 PM

He's been an excellent pitcher this year. Hasn't been

May 30, 2014, 2:47 PM

anywhere close to this bad.

This was a terrible nightmare compared to everything else he's done.

Re: Crownover has been our Friday starter for over a month.

May 30, 2014, 2:46 PM [ in reply to Crownover has been our Friday starter for over a month. ]

so what....your point ? we are now headed to the losers bracket

May 30, 2014, 2:47 PM [ in reply to Crownover has been our Friday starter for over a month. ]

That comment shows your baseball IQ. If you want to continue to discuss this, answer me this question...who is our best pitcher, Gossett or Crownover?

This isn't a weekend series vs Boston College. Who our Friday pitcher has been in the regular season is about as relevant as what color socks I'm wearing today.

Crownover was our Friday starter against Miami and UVA

May 30, 2014, 2:49 PM

Re: Crownover was our Friday starter against Miami and UVA

May 30, 2014, 2:53 PM

Dude...that still doesn't matter. If you don't understand why, then I can't talk to you about this anymore.

Crownover has had a very good year, but Gossett is our best pitcher. In a post-season tournament, as a #3 seed in a regional, you absolutely throw your best pitcher first. You are playing a higher seeded team, why in the world are you saving your ace?

We were not saving him. Crownover has been a great Friday

May 30, 2014, 2:55 PM

starter. We had no reason to expect him to collapse. You are blinded by hindsight apparently.

If a guy is your Friday pitcher for half the season and one of the better pitchers in the league... why would you feel the need to change?

This was an odd circumstance. You are just being emotional.

Re: We were not saving him. Crownover has been a great Friday

May 30, 2014, 3:00 PM

I'm really not. When Crownover was announced as the starter, I immediately said it was the wrong move. It could have worked out b/c Crownover has had a very good year, but it was still the wrong move.

I have no idea why you think just b/c today is Friday, that means Crownover should've started. If your argument was that you thought saving Goose for Vandy was a high risk/reward move Jack was using, then at least your argument would have some logic. But saying Crownover should start b/c he started on Friday's in the regular season is pretty silly. It's not the regular season, it's a post-season tournament you have to win to advance. Your chances of winning are much lower if you lose game 1. Therefore, you give yourself the best opportunity to win game 1...throw your ace.

Again, if you're the #1 seed it's a different story. But on the road as a #3, this was the wrong move.

Did you post that anywhere before the game?***

May 30, 2014, 3:32 PM

May 30, 2014, 2:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Crownover was our Friday starter against Miami and UVA ]

Holy crap you play to win the Regional not the first game.

You are an idiot plain and simple. The best chance we had of winning the regional was to pitch Goose against Vandy PERIOD end of discussion.

You can stop posting now anything beyond this is just you making a bigger ### of yourself and proving more and more you know jack #### about baseball and that you have not followed this team any this year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

May 30, 2014, 3:03 PM

We are playing Vandy. The best chance we had to win the regional was win the first game. We are a bad team. We are bad offensively we are bad diffensively we are stupid on the base paths., we pitch to people when we shouldn't. We are undesciplined at the plate and in the field. It is time for a change period.

May 30, 2014, 3:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Crownover was our Friday starter against Miami and UVA ]

Appreciate the passion brother. If you have a different opinion on the subject, that's fine. Doesn't mean you're right, but at least you believe it.

There were 2 ways we could've approached the tournament. Jack chose the higher risk option of throwing a very good pitcher vs Oregon and hoping his team could win, and saving his ace for a potential matchup vs Vandy. In otherwords, he consciously decided to put a team on the field in the opening game that didn't give Clemson the best chance to win. I just vehemently disagree with that approach and think it's poor coaching. If you're the #1 seed, it's different. But the old cliché of the next game is the most important is especially true in post season baseball, so in my opinion you have to win today. Period. Gossett gave us the best chance of winning today, and Crownover would give us a good chance of winning game #2. If you save your ace and lose game 1, then you're in such an uphill battle to get out of the regional that it really makes no sense.

Let me ask you this...now what do you think we should do? If we were saving Gossett for Vandy, then do we waste him on Xavier tomorrow or save him for Sunday and hope we get by with Schmidt/Long tomorrow?

May 30, 2014, 2:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Crownover has been our Friday starter for over a month. ]

You are a moron stop posting.

null

Absolutely.

May 30, 2014, 2:52 PM

Sad thing is Leggett will pitch Gossett tomorrow against Xavier. Then Clemson will get pounded by Vandy/Oregon on Sunday. Same thing happened in Columbia against St. Louis last year. If Leggett had any guts, he would pitch Schmidt against Xavier.

Re: Fire Jack

May 30, 2014, 2:52 PM

Saving Goose for a potential match up against Vandy was the correct move. Good lord some of you are idiots. Crownover has pitched pretty #### well this year.

I have been one of Jacks biggest critics on this board but you using this as a reason to fire him shows you know jack #### about baseball.

null

Re: Fire Jack

May 30, 2014, 2:56 PM

I fully understand that if Crownover had come out and thrown 8 innings of 2 hit ball nobody would be saying anything...but it was still the wrong move.

If you don't understand why, then you don't understand post-season baseball. If you're a lower seed in a post-season tournament, there is no reason to save your best pitcher for another game. You have to win today to get in a position to win the tournament, and Gossett gave us the best chance at winning today.

for those on the board & watching the game...

May 30, 2014, 3:11 PM

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/new-coach-for-clemson-baseball

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think we need to give him 1 more year ....

May 30, 2014, 3:14 PM

It takes time to build a program, guys.

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic