Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Clemson DE invited to 2015 NFL combine
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

FB Update: Clemson DE invited to 2015 NFL combine

Jan 8, 2015, 5:42 AM

Clemson DE invited to 2015 NFL combine

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Anyone else shocked to see he only had 25 tackles this year?

Jan 8, 2015, 6:11 AM

What am I missing? #9 de in the draft too?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Anyone else shocked to see he only had 25 tackles this year?

Jan 8, 2015, 6:16 AM

The linebackers did a heck of a lot of the work on this defense. The DE's were mostly point of attack guys. Vic is just a monster so he was all over the place. Corey didn't play terrible. He is a hidden gem in the midst of that beast DL.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Crawford was mostly an edge setter and was a great one at it

Jan 8, 2015, 7:42 AM [ in reply to Anyone else shocked to see he only had 25 tackles this year? ]

He made sure nothing got outside him and forced guys back inside to our gap shooting LBs. Basically he did a lot of the unappreciated dirty work that helps you win games, but doesn't necessarily show up on the stat sheet.

His suspension for the UGA game was huge IMO.

Jan 8, 2015, 8:28 AM

Barnes could not contain the edge at all...I think he was hurt but we had no other options.

Re: His suspension for the UGA game was huge IMO.

Jan 8, 2015, 9:21 AM

> Barnes could not contain the edge at all...I think he
> was hurt but we had no other options.

Missed the UGa game , and shared a lot of time with Shaq and Barnes . He is physically gifted and has optimum NFL size , so he will get serious consideration . His above average ability to drop off into coverage and be effective covering TE 's is something many of todays DE's do not possess. I bet he is gone befor the 3rd round ends.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Barnes did OK setting the edge

Jan 8, 2015, 11:41 AM [ in reply to His suspension for the UGA game was huge IMO. ]

but he couldn't play every snap. It was when the 3rd team guy was in (Dodd I think) that we really got burned.

Re: Anyone else shocked to see he only had 25 tackles this year?

Jan 8, 2015, 8:04 AM [ in reply to Anyone else shocked to see he only had 25 tackles this year? ]

Only so many tackles to go round on the nations top defense. ;)

He and Barnes were co-starters

Jan 8, 2015, 11:40 AM [ in reply to Anyone else shocked to see he only had 25 tackles this year? ]

plus he was suspended for the first game or 2.

He's got the frame to get a lot stronger. They may see a

Jan 8, 2015, 12:59 PM [ in reply to Anyone else shocked to see he only had 25 tackles this year? ]

lot of upside. He doesn't look like weight lifting was one of his top priorities in college. That will change when he gets on an NFL team.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fire Batson***

Jan 8, 2015, 1:27 PM

Re: FB Update: Clemson DE invited to 2015 NFL combine

Jan 8, 2015, 11:50 AM

Congrats CC! Just a class act kid - I couldn't be happier for him. I think he's going to do great at the next level. And I'm interested in seeing his combine numbers, as I don't believe that 6'-5" at all. I'm 6'-2" (he towers over me) and the girl in the pic is 5'-6", and is wearing boots. I'd guess more like 6'-7" or so. Either way, great job! Another Tiger in the NFL!

http://imgur.com/npLeyxB

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic