Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Vegas odds on Clemson-NC State
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

TNET: Vegas odds on Clemson-NC State

Oct 14, 2018, 4:41 PM

Vegas odds on Clemson-NC State

An ACC showdown between Clemson and North Carolina State will feature two undefeated teams on Saturday. However, despite the Wolfpack having a perfect 5-0 recor Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I love the Clemson Tigers and think we will win the Natty,

Oct 14, 2018, 5:04 PM

but that NC State line seems REALLY high to me.

I’m calling it now!!! The Tigers will whip the Pups as bad as they did Wake

Oct 14, 2018, 9:22 PM

Nm

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I love the Clemson Tigers and think we will win the Natty,

Oct 14, 2018, 10:30 PM [ in reply to I love the Clemson Tigers and think we will win the Natty, ]

If it’s too good to be true, it’s usually a suckers bet, take clemson and give the points

Where are the people whining about bias and us not getting any respect?***

Oct 14, 2018, 5:16 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Where are the people whining about bias and us not getting any respect?***

Oct 14, 2018, 5:19 PM

It's a trap.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: TNET: Vegas odds on Clemson-NC State

Oct 14, 2018, 5:28 PM

I would NEVER bet against us...but man...

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think we win

Oct 14, 2018, 5:47 PM

But I wouldn’t touch that line against a team who had showed they can throw the ball.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think we win

Oct 14, 2018, 6:17 PM

If our D puts pressure on Finley we win big.....he cant throw on his back. RUn game and Tigers dominate. GO Tigers

Finley gets rid of the ball really quick though. The Pack

Oct 15, 2018, 9:17 AM

aren't a big play team and they can't run the ball at all this year, but their offense is kind of like the New England Patriots and Finley is like a homeless man's Tom Brady. He's not very mobile but the Pack are near the very top of CFB in sack rate because Finley gets rid of the ball so quickly. They are going to put a lot of pressure on our back 7 to cover and to tackle in space.

Oct 14, 2018, 6:18 PM [ in reply to I think we win ]

Agree. Thought the Syracuse line was high (25) but Wow!

Again for the uninformed

Oct 14, 2018, 8:45 PM

The Cuse line was right until we had a QB quit, another one injured and had with the 3rd string guy. If it's known Chase is starting before the lines came out, it's 7 at best

That's not true. Changing the QB doesn't swing a line 13

Oct 15, 2018, 9:23 AM

points. In 2014 when we played FSU in Tallahassee and Jameis Winston got suspended for the first half of that game the line moved about 3.5 to 4 points. I heard an interview with one of the oddsmakers on a sports radio show and he explained that they thought Jameis Winston was worth about 7 points for the entire over his replacement Sean Maguire (who wasn't too great) so they moved the line half of that to account for him missing a half. When it was later announced that Winston would miss the entire game the line moved again to where it was about 7 points lower than it opened. And this was the defending Hesiman Trophy winner we are talking about.

If the difference between Winston and Maguire was 7 points on the line, there's no way in hell the difference between any of our QBs was > 13.

Re: Again for the uninformed

Oct 15, 2018, 10:22 AM [ in reply to Again for the uninformed ]

You do realize we were losing when TL went down right?

Oct 14, 2018, 6:54 PM [ in reply to I think we win ]

Line smine. They can throw? No problem. Figure on Venebles making adjustments to put 1) pressure on the QB 2)close down the long ball avenues.

NC State hasn't faced a defense as good as Clemson's this year so they are untested. Pass yards allowed Tigers are ranked 11th, NC St isn't even in the top 50. Overall Pass defense Clemson is better than NC State with average allowance is 155yds/game which is less yards allowed than last year even.

NC St have won 2 times since 2003.... The last was 2011 so as far as winning, Clemson's got this I believe. Most of the games have been closer for one reason or another.

As far as the scoring historically it will either be lopsided or it will be under the line.

The key will be Lawrence and the recievers tearing up NC St backfield, or the rushing tearing apart the defensive line. If Clemson does either of those through the first 45 minutes the only thing that will help the line is if NC State can put lots of points on the 3rd-string in the 4th quarter(not typical for this rivalry). Since Dabo has been playing the whole team that's where opposing teams in the regular season have been scoring more often.

I don't think it will be an A&M nailbiter, but NC State if it puts it's big boy pants on we could have a really great game with a little heartburn. ACC wise we would want it to be 'close' only so that the conference doesn't look too weak. But Tiger pride being what it is 18pts sounds just about right.

Oct 15, 2018, 1:05 PM [ in reply to I think we win ]

I think the spread seems high, but not unreasonable if Lawrence is in the whole game. You can be sure that given any opportunity NCSU is going to be trying to take him out on every play. I just hope the refs have their flags ready, because he's going to get hit and he's going to get hit late.

Oct 14, 2018, 8:07 PM

State's coach all but accused Dabo of cheating last year. Keep your small children at home. This is our "no doubt" game this year. I cannot wait. Go Tigers!

Oct 14, 2018, 11:32 PM

I don't care about the laptops. I'm still salty about the dirty hit on Gallman in 2016. (How was that NOT targeting?)

My Take

Oct 14, 2018, 8:12 PM

I've only bet on the Tigers twice the year. GT and WF. Both winners.

Dabo isn't one to run up the score or worry about the spread. WF just got out of hand because our 3s were better than their 1s.

NCSU has a ###### defense. We'll score in bunches. However, Finley is a good QB and given enough time, he'll put some points on the board.

Personally, I'm taking the Tigers -20. I think we kill them. I don't think it will be close.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My Take

Oct 14, 2018, 8:13 PM

As much as we talk about USC, I can't believe TNET censors S H I T T Y.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

God as my witness, I don’t recall Trojan thread

Oct 14, 2018, 10:07 PM

of any particular interest

Cricket Chirp Temperature Formula:
Number of Chirps per 14 seconds + 40 = Approximate Temperature

Re: My Take

Oct 15, 2018, 10:24 AM [ in reply to My Take ]

I never take Clemson to cover any spread just because I do not want to be upset about a 1 point w. Just my rule. I take them if the ML is close to -100 or in the +.

Seems high.***

Oct 14, 2018, 8:16 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

state has given us fits for the past few years

Oct 14, 2018, 8:33 PM

no reason to think they wont this year ..for some reason cuse and state have our numbers lately and know how to play us...hope its a blow out in our favor..but i expect another nail biter

Last season Dex didn't play

Oct 14, 2018, 8:42 PM

Didn't RRM also have to cover because of DB injuries ?

I'd have to rewatch the game,but didn't Trapp have also play and screw up ?

I know it'll sadden you for Clemson to jump out to a lead and dominate ,but you spend so much energy when we're behind in the first half,or the game is close,you deserve another bye week. Clemson covers the spread.

Re: Last season Dex didn't play

Oct 14, 2018, 11:30 PM

Trapp played and covered exactly as well as you would expect a 5'7" DB to cover a 6'+ WR with a future NFL QB throwing to him.

RRM did play defense and had to change numbers to do it. Had a punt return TD.

Re: Last season Dex didn't play

Oct 15, 2018, 10:26 AM

Trapp gave up a TD early but Finley throw all over us. That said our CBs are much more experienced this year. Hopefully Mullen is healthy.

Seems low

Oct 14, 2018, 8:37 PM

45-17

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 14, 2018, 11:26 PM

I believe Clemson will get the W, but if I were a betting man, I'd take the Pack and the points.

It's not quite Syracuse insane, but still a crazy spread. This one has come down to the last play the last two years and I expect another close one.

Given our past games with this bunch, I think the Vegas

Oct 15, 2018, 12:32 AM

odds are way out of line. Pups can give us fits. Hope they are right, and I am willing to say, "Crow is a health food!"

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are we on upset alert yet?***

Oct 15, 2018, 9:55 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think that

Oct 15, 2018, 10:17 AM

The linebackers will have to help in pass coverage in this game. Something that the Tigers rarely attempt. Very important for Finley to NOT get off to a good start in this game.

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic