Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My how things have changed in this world since I was a young
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 38
| visibility 1

My how things have changed in this world since I was a young

Aug 3, 2015, 8:21 AM

teenager. Took my four year old son swimming yesterday to Green River Country Club. We were the only two there all Sunday afternoon. When I was a pre-teen and teenager, there were at least 12-15 of us there just about everyday. This year, we had the pool to ourselves on multiple occassions. There were a lot of guys my age playing golf but the kids just don't come out anymore. Stopped by the store on the way home and saw a young lady I know is a member and in conversation, I asked her why they haven't been to the pool much. She said her kids just rather stay inside on their phones. I know my son is only four, but he really doesn't care much for TV and all. He'd rather be outside or playing with his toys right now. Hope it stays that way.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My how things have changed in this world since I was a young

Aug 3, 2015, 8:25 AM

Electronic devices are gonna reduce the number of athletes in our nation- at least the percentages.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the world needs fat kids too

Aug 3, 2015, 8:33 AM

####.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: the world needs fat kids too

Aug 3, 2015, 8:34 AM

but let it be genetics and not self inflicted.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

them cheetos ain't gonna eat themselves

Aug 3, 2015, 8:36 AM

####.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: them cheetos ain't gonna eat themselves

Aug 3, 2015, 8:37 AM

shhhh!!! I have a bag for lunch.

let's hope you brought enough for e'rybody ####?***

Aug 3, 2015, 8:38 AM

Re: let's hope you brought enough for e'rybody ####?***

Aug 3, 2015, 8:50 AM

just enough for me to go along with a ham, cheese and tomato sandwich.

you know what i learned in skewl today?

Aug 3, 2015, 8:52 AM

sharing

Re: you know what i learned in skewl today?

Aug 3, 2015, 9:18 AM

I only have one and if you think you are going to get it, I'll get my brother. He can beat up your brother!!

seems the problem here is you failed to plan properly...

Aug 3, 2015, 9:24 AM

i don't think this will go over well if you ever make the runs for social director here on the tigerbored(s)

Re: seems the problem here is you failed to plan properly...

Aug 3, 2015, 9:39 AM

I was planning for one. Didn't expect company for lunch. I'll be glad to slice my sandwich in half and share along with my cheetos. I have one diet pepsi. You can drink first unless you have a cup.

see, now we're getting somewhere, but...

Aug 3, 2015, 9:40 AM

pepsi?

oh no, that just won't do.

;)

Re: see, now we're getting somewhere, but...

Aug 3, 2015, 9:48 AM

I have some Crown to go with it. Sound a little better?

go on...

Aug 3, 2015, 9:49 AM

i'm listening.

Re: go on...

Aug 3, 2015, 9:54 AM

figured that will get your attention. I used to love me some Crown and Coke.

.... the crunchy ones? Delicious!***

Aug 3, 2015, 9:28 AM [ in reply to Re: them cheetos ain't gonna eat themselves ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: .... the crunchy ones? Delicious!***

Aug 3, 2015, 9:39 AM

yes...the crunchy ones.

Not really bro. Mix in a salad and jog.***

Aug 3, 2015, 10:17 AM [ in reply to the world needs fat kids too ]

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you figured out which year you graduated yet

Aug 3, 2015, 10:22 AM

coot.

Walked in '88. Last football season '87. Not sure what I

Aug 3, 2015, 10:32 AM

said if I typed wrong or what you're asking about. Not a coot bro. Just not a pumper. Now put down the Oreos and get to the gym ??

here, again...

Aug 3, 2015, 10:34 AM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=17528660

coot.

You must not read real well. But ur a pumper, huh? Explains

Aug 3, 2015, 10:43 AM

a lot. We'll give you a pass. Now, go get that heart check big guy.

there you go, you cry it out now...

Aug 3, 2015, 10:50 AM

coot.

are you any relations to that coot, goldenhomeauxr? he couldn't keep his lies straight either.

Uh oh.***

Aug 3, 2015, 11:20 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Smells like a coot.***

Aug 3, 2015, 12:13 PM [ in reply to there you go, you cry it out now... ]

Re: Walked in '88. Last football season '87. Not sure what I

Aug 3, 2015, 10:54 AM [ in reply to Walked in '88. Last football season '87. Not sure what I ]

why all the personal health attacks on DSP? Oreos, get to the gym, etc.

Re: Walked in '88. Last football season '87. Not sure what I

Aug 3, 2015, 12:16 PM [ in reply to Walked in '88. Last football season '87. Not sure what I ]

1987 football season ended in 1988. Not sure how you'd be confused.

Finished my course work in Dec '87. Walked proudly

Aug 3, 2015, 12:33 PM

in Spring of 88 for family reasons mainly. Last sporting even as a student was usuck football game in Nov '87. Unfortunately...

I get it - I'm not a pumper. I keep it real, and call out coaches, when they don't do what they were hired to do. I always want more. I'll never be satisfied.

your only ominous family reason and/or tragedy is you are

Aug 3, 2015, 1:07 PM

coot.

haha, goldenhomeauxr, so many lies...

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=14034185

I see it all the time, 6-year olds with cell phones

Aug 3, 2015, 8:39 AM

sitting at home playing with video games inside all day, all summer.

Everyday, people in the US advance one step closer to being the humans from Wall E

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

When we were growing up - the pool, baseball field,

Aug 3, 2015, 8:45 AM

bicycles, etc... was all we had for entertainment. Kids today do have more distractions.

But a mom allowing her kids to sit home on their phones - now THAT'S a problem.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Without technology I wouldn't know any of you.

Aug 3, 2015, 8:47 AM

So yes, I'm for less technology.

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

real funny FM!!

Aug 3, 2015, 8:50 AM

;)

Aug 3, 2015, 11:01 AM

On the other hand, my kids beg to go to the pool every day during the summer. Oh, they're also addicted to iPods and computers, but they do love the pool. :) It's got a good number of people there daily.

Aug 3, 2015, 11:49 AM

I wish our pool did. Even though he is only four and I spend all of my time with him in the water, I'd still like for him to have as much fun as I did with my friends.

Sounds like your children are well round and not into one thing. That's good.

Aug 3, 2015, 11:10 AM

This is happening because parents are using all this technology as babysitters.

BINGO!!!! Along with youth coaches, grandparents....Yep

Aug 3, 2015, 11:51 AM

I've heard this many times, "at least they are out of my hair". I love my boy to much to do that.

kids play "on line" via gaming, Skype, social media etc

Aug 3, 2015, 12:10 PM

Only time will tell if this is damaging or not. I remember when color TV was the debil. I am not a fan of it and I try to get mine kids involved in other activities, but it is very difficult and I catch a whole lot of resistance in doing so.

I think this bodes ill for sports viewership and attendance.

My parents probably had similar laments.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 38
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic