Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
CU's list of surprises in the CFP
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

CU's list of surprises in the CFP

Dec 14, 2019, 7:24 AM

Maybe not 100%, but likely close to it - all Clemson's CFP appearances - we've been picked by most to lose (not including Vegas here) - just a lot of media and maybe most of the nation's public. But the results shocked a bunch of people:

Semi 2015 - Orange Bowl
CU 34 - OKLA 17
(Lost 45-40 to Bama. Still a great NC-game)

Semi 2016 - Fiesta Bowl
CU 31 - OHST 0 (How many saw THAT coming?)
(Beat Bama 35-31 in maybe THE classic Natty)

Semi 2017 - Sugar Bowl
Bama 24 - CU 6 (Okay, we did NOT do well)

Semi 2018 - Cotton Bowl
CU 30 - ND 3 (Even IF favored, how many figured THAT result?)
(Beat [crushed] Bama 44-16 - & NOBODY saw THAT coming)

Semi 2019: Game, generally, is thought to be a toss-up. Probably nationwide most lean toward OHST.

Natty 2020: If CU gets in (likely vs LSU), Tigers probably are most people's underdog.

CU has faced lots of top competition in 7 CFP games and surprised or shocked a lot of folks. Sleeping on the Tigers is not sound reasoning.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

well you can look at it this way, only one team has beaten

Dec 14, 2019, 7:31 AM

us in the CFP. That's Alabama and they are not in it. Would love to take both of these teams down and be 30-0 heading into next season!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: well you can look at it this way, only one team has beaten

Dec 14, 2019, 7:51 AM

You said it! That would make my year. Maybe my decade.

Dec 14, 2019, 7:55 AM

You got it. Would totally complete my bucket list!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Finish season with a 30-0 record and I bet we still start preseason polls

Dec 14, 2019, 7:51 AM [ in reply to well you can look at it this way, only one team has beaten ]

at #3 at best. Just watch.

Re: Finish season with a 30-0 record and I bet we still start preseason polls

Dec 14, 2019, 7:54 AM

Dadgummit - that's funny! Old zxsam has hit on something here.

Dec 14, 2019, 7:53 AM [ in reply to well you can look at it this way, only one team has beaten ]

That just might wake up a few more people considering we would have to take down all the Fellas headed to NY.

How long would it take the pundits say they always thought Trevor, ETN, and Simmons should have been in NY. I say as soon as we hoist the trophy!!!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 14, 2019, 7:58 AM

we would probably have more pundits say, "Clemson was so well rested. LSU had to go through that rigid SEC schedule, OSU had to play in the Big10. They were just beaten down. Couldn't keep up with a fresh Clemson." Then Joey Galloway will step in and say, "well I had them #1 and pretty much kept them there all year. They were fresh because they were TOO DEEP, Dabo has recruited so well and had confidence in the backups. They'll be ready again next year."

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 14, 2019, 8:01 AM

Touché

If I had my way -

Dec 14, 2019, 8:05 AM [ in reply to Re: well you can look at it this way, only one team has beaten ]

I'd like to send 1 or 2 more from, OHST, LSU & OKLA to NYC. Plus, I wish ALL those other awards had gone only to players from those teams.

Point being - give ALL that beauty contest hardware to the OTHER CFP teams - & WE take home the Natty. At some point, enough trophies has gotta make 'em think they're invincible.

and don't forget, When is the last time the Heisman won the

Dec 14, 2019, 8:13 AM

Natty and Joe Burrow was on the cover of SI.

Dec 14, 2019, 8:14 AM [ in reply to well you can look at it this way, only one team has beaten ]

Win the next game TIGERS!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: CU's list of surprises in the CFP

Dec 14, 2019, 9:48 AM

Only CFP game Clemson has not been the Vegas underdog in was last year's game vs. Notre Dame.

Since the beginning of the 2012 season, Clemson has played ten postseason games--underdog in nine of them. Clemson is 8-2 in those games (9-1 vs. the spread).

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Told a friend that the other day, and he was

Dec 14, 2019, 10:33 AM

incredulous, considering our overall wins.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic