Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Finebaum compares Swinney and Saban's QB controversies, calls him Nick Saban lite
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

TNET: Finebaum compares Swinney and Saban's QB controversies, calls him Nick Saban lite

Sep 27, 2018, 5:13 PM

Finebaum compares Swinney and Saban's QB controversies, calls him Nick Saban lite

College Football analyst Paul Finebaum was a guest on ESPN's Stephen A. Smith's podcast recently and talked about how Dabo Swinney handled the difficult QB situ Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Finebaum is "intelligence lite"***

Sep 27, 2018, 5:15 PM

Re: Finebaum is "intelligence lite"***

Sep 27, 2018, 5:57 PM

Finebaum is “human lite”.

Re: Finebaum is "intelligence lite"***

Sep 28, 2018, 3:23 PM [ in reply to Finebaum is "intelligence lite"*** ]

Finebaum is A$S lite, or is that lite in the A$S!!! ;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know what Finebaum likes most about Saban

Sep 27, 2018, 5:22 PM

But this is a family website, so I won't say it here.

nothing there

Sep 27, 2018, 5:32 PM

To disagree with as I see it.

I don’t know which is worse

Sep 27, 2018, 5:40 PM

Finebaum’s love of Saban or the Tigernet staff’s infatuation with Finebaum.

I never watch the “opinion” shows on the SEC network and only tune into that channel to watch a football game. I’d rather avoid the biased opinions of the talking heads that are paid to support the conference of our hated rivals.

Yet it seems I cannot avoid those talking heads because TigerNet has to post every stupid thing that Paul Finebaum says. To put it nicely, I do not give a #### what that man has to say.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don’t know which is worse

Sep 27, 2018, 8:32 PM

There's a simple solution to that - quit reading it and quit griping for gosh sakes.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When the headline says it all, It’s hard to avoid, idiot.***

Sep 27, 2018, 8:46 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FSU didn't "literally" fall off the map. Save English.***

Sep 27, 2018, 5:50 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When paid by the SEC, you pick the SEC. Don't bite the

Sep 27, 2018, 6:15 PM

hand that feeds you.

Re: TNET: Finebaum compares Swinney and Saban's QB controversies, calls him Nick Saban lite

Sep 27, 2018, 6:45 PM

F Bomb said, after Dabo was hired..." They will never make it with Dabo...They need to fire him and hire RICH RODRIGUEZ..."... I heard it on the radio...///

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo told KB the truth and saved him a year...

Sep 27, 2018, 6:49 PM

Saban is tiptoeing around the matter to keep Hurts on the team... there is no comparison.

Finepuss is John Clayton lite***

Sep 27, 2018, 7:02 PM

Nothing to compare between Nick S and Dabo S

Sep 27, 2018, 7:37 PM

Saban is Jim beam

Swinney is Pappy Van Winkle

TIA

Re: Finebum

Sep 27, 2018, 8:35 PM

"Gollum Gollum"

This was very complimentary of CDS

Sep 27, 2018, 8:56 PM

Said that he thinks Dabo has handled the QB controversy better and more fairly than Saban. I can’t say that I disagree with that.

I’m not sure why he used the term “Saban-lite” though. In his world I guess that qualifies as a compliment but in the real world, not so much.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This was very complimentary of CDS

Sep 27, 2018, 9:28 PM

was it Saban-like or lite?

Re: TNET: Finebaum compares Swinney and Saban's QB controversies, calls him Nick Saban lite

Sep 27, 2018, 9:50 PM

Who gives a riddley rat what flying Dumbo Ears thinks? Why is anyone talking about the eternal Bama brown noser? Why would anyone watch him? He serves no purpose other than to slobber Saban, and guess what folks we are Bama's only real rival and we will never get the same press. Pay him no heed whatever.

Sep 27, 2018, 9:53 PM

Dear God... a lot of y'all have 0 reading comprehension and just jump on what the title wanted you to think. Let me rephrase what Finebaum said... Dabo is just like Nick Saban except nicer.

Good grief. He practically said Dabo had the same situation as Saban and has handled way better. The word choice was a bit awkward, butthen he cleared it up in the next couple of points.

Sep 27, 2018, 10:33 PM

Finebaum is a shallow media #####. Will say anything to get noticed. Saban fid it the perfect way and saved Bama a great QB. Sweeny is an ####### and has put Clemson in danger for no reason.

In terms of recruiting and leadership I'd say he's right

Sep 27, 2018, 10:36 PM

Although I thought at one point Saban was very hands on with the defense (maybe still is? I dunno)

Bobby Bowden seems to be the closer comparison to me.

Re: In terms of recruiting and leadership I'd say he's right

Sep 27, 2018, 11:11 PM

...but in terms of being a head football coach, to say that CDS is "[satan] lite", I think is a gross misinterpretation of what an HC is, and is supposed to be - [satan] is all about simply winning, while CDS is all about simply playing the game to win with honesty, commitment to the goal, and respect for the competition. If that's coaching lite - I'll take another "cold beer" (aka: Miller Lite.)

Go Tigers!!!

this is actually really complimentary of Swinney.

Sep 28, 2018, 6:52 AM

The headline is clickbait. Just know that Finebaum actually says Swinney is "in the same league" as Saban. The "lite" reference was to him being a little nicer, a little easier on the media and in his interactions.

Pawl, Pawl... if you’re finished vomiting in to your mic,

Sep 28, 2018, 10:27 AM

Let me clarify what you just said.

You basically said Dabo handles it how it should have been handled. Are you really, really............ really telling us that Tua was not the better quarterback last year until the championship game?

Saban didn’t have the balls to be open and transparent last year, which is why they have a delayed controversy.

Dabo hit it square in the face, and allowed our young men to maximize their own opportunities.

You can keep Saban. Clemson is beating down your door, see you in January.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic