Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Finebaum lives in Charlotte
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 2,812

Jul 5, 2020, 12:48 PM

I have cut/pasted parts of an article by Scott Fowler. Here is the link to all of it: https://www.heraldonline.com/article243969902.html

"To those who don’t follow college football closely, Paul Finebaum might seem to have had a meteoric rise through the sportscasting business.

Finebaum, 64, has lived in Charlotte since 2013, when he moved to the Queen City to become the face of ESPN’s SEC Network. Finebaum now appears on a variety of ESPN’s programming while also anchoring his four-hour daily radio show that is simulcast on TV.

To those who do follow college football closely, Finebaum has been a star for decades. Originally a sportswriter, Finebaum made the switch to radio while living in Birmingham, Ala. There he became college football’s version of Howard Stern — opinionated, acerbic and able to draw out interview subjects and callers in a way few can.

Two Finebaum facts you may not know: He is married to Linda Hudson, a doctor specializing in internal medicine who works for Atrium Health in Ballantyne. And there are now serious talks about a sitcom based on Finebaum’s life and early career."

On college football -

"Paul Finebaum: I think the likelihood of college football is slipping away by the day. ... It’s remarkable to think from holiday to holiday — Memorial Day to the Fourth of July — what has happened. I would say on Memorial Day it was a slam dunk. It was going to happen. There could be some complications. As we hit the next big holiday of the year, which is the last holiday before Labor Day, it seems like everything has gone the wrong way.

And when I say that, it’s not even the complications within the sport, which are massive … It’s just the (COVID-19) spikes around the country are happening at probably the worst possible time to safely execute college football.

SF: What in your view is the best-case scenario at this point?

PF: I think probably the best case is to put off any important decisions for three to four weeks. … I think they’ll keep pushing, keep moving the invisible deadline to where, if the country is still in a freefall in a couple of weeks, then I don’t think they’ll have much choice but to then say, ‘We can’t do it at all’ or ‘We’re going to pause here and give it a few more weeks and maybe start in mid-September or late September.’

If you’re the SEC, ACC, Big Ten — maybe you just play conference games. I think the non-conference games are in serious jeopardy."

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Finebum moved to Charlotte in 2013 and you joined TNet in

Jul 5, 2020, 5:40 PM

2013 - coincidence ? And you called him a STAR ? I at least think you are related. Or misguided?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 5, 2020, 10:32 PM

lol I was confused by your comment and then realized you might be impaired in someway that is not obvious. Hope you had a nice 4th of July weekend.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Finebaum lives in Charlotte

Jul 5, 2020, 8:19 PM

So! Who cares where he lives. He’s an idiot that just tries to stir up drama for ratings. Quite annoying but at the same time, brilliant I guess.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm just not buying this narrative.

Jul 5, 2020, 8:20 PM

The virus WILL NOT BE GONE by the start of football season. What is it people hope to gappen before then? Slow the spread? Yeah okay, so what about when we open the schools and practices and games? Are people really under the impression slowing it now will prevent it later?

Slowing it now will NOT prevent it later. We need to make up our minds if we're going to try and live life in a semi-normal or normal fashion like we would with flus or pig viruses et al, or if we're just gonna stay holed up as if the virus is miraculously going to go away without a vaccine or herd immunity.

Sitting and waiting or hoping masks will stop it is illogical. Some folks, actually a lot of folks think slowing it down now will somehow save football season. How so? Will no one catch it later if we slow it now? Don't think so.

Even if we are able to slow it niw, which doesn't seem to working, what people are forgetting is that the moment you begin practicing and have a season, it will spread at a faster pace again. Regardless of when we loosen up, the virus will spread.

We can't stop life in order to prevent death. If football season is a major concern, and this will rub a lot of people the wrong way, but why don't we think about letting it run it's course now instead of starting a season only to panic during the season and call things off when some people catch the virus?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 2,812
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic