Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Paul Finebaum: "The ACC outside of Clemson is a clown show"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 109
| visibility 1

TNET: Paul Finebaum: "The ACC outside of Clemson is a clown show"

Jun 25, 2019, 4:51 PM

Paul Finebaum: "The ACC outside of Clemson is a clown show"

ESPN's Chris Low wrote in his latest schedule notes articlethat Clemson has been 'owning the SEC' with all of the recent victories including two out of three Na Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Paul Finebaum: "The ACC outside of Clemson is a clown show"

Jun 25, 2019, 4:58 PM

"Saban is 57 - 5 versus the SEC". Appears to me the SEC, outside of Alabama, is the "clown show".

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Paul Finebaum:

Jun 25, 2019, 5:40 PM

Cogent , Mr. Joe .
They purport that the SEC is some razor-wire gaunlet of weekly 15-round battles to the death .
Ok . Looks like Paulabama is the only good team in the SEC by his dubious logic .
Sure am glad that Dabo doesn't have to face Alabama every year ... oh wait .... he pretty much does . How's he doing ? 2-2 overall and 2-1 in the Big Enchiladas against the best team by far in that conference .

Message was edited by: Tigerdug23®

Message was edited by: Tigerdug23®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

we beat LSU & Ala last time we play them***

Jun 25, 2019, 5:50 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and Texas A&M and the coots.

Jun 25, 2019, 6:50 PM

Not that beating the coots is much of an achievement, but if you are going to talk about a conference top to BOTTOM, you have to include them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: and Texas A&M and the coots.

Jun 25, 2019, 10:40 PM

And Auburn... Last 4 meetings. Won the last meeting vs Kentucky and Tennessee as well. Won 1 of the last 2 vs UGA.

Take away Bama and us. Line them up

Jun 25, 2019, 7:56 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Paul Finebaum: "The ACC outside of Clemson is a clown show" ]

head to head like the ACC Big Ten Challenge, and the SEC wins most years. No question.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

they do every bowl season....see UVA***

Jun 25, 2019, 9:42 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

wrong***

Jun 25, 2019, 10:59 PM [ in reply to Take away Bama and us. Line them up ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Didn't the ACC go 8-2

Jun 26, 2019, 11:18 PM [ in reply to Take away Bama and us. Line them up ]

vs the SEC just 2 years ago?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Take away Bama and us. Line them up

Jun 25, 2019, 7:56 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Paul Finebaum: "The ACC outside of Clemson is a clown show" ]

head to head like the ACC Big Ten Challenge, and the SEC wins most years. No question.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Take away Bama and us. Line them up

Jun 25, 2019, 8:11 PM

You lowered The ACC's winning % when you took bama and us.( that's one of The ACC's wins)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 25, 2019, 8:42 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Paul Finebaum: "The ACC outside of Clemson is a clown show" ]

Nailed it Mr. Joe!

Jul 1, 2019, 12:26 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Paul Finebaum: "The ACC outside of Clemson is a clown show" ]

Paul Fartblasum is the real clown show with those big ears he could be Dumbo in the circus How bout those fighting Cavaliers of UVA.

Jun 25, 2019, 4:58 PM

Takes one to know one!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 25, 2019, 5:09 PM

Not likely to happen but can you imagine the Finebaum show if Duke beats Bama opening day ?

Wonder if coach Cutcliffe will call Dabo before this game?

Bingo

Jun 25, 2019, 6:39 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Paul Finebaum: "The ACC outside of Clemson is a clown show" ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: Bingo

Jun 26, 2019, 7:56 AM

Good one, but Pawl doesn’t need any clown outfit, other than the big shoes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bingo

Jul 1, 2019, 12:28 PM [ in reply to Bingo ]

You took the words right out of my mouth.

He's not wrong.

Jun 25, 2019, 5:10 PM

Hyperbole but his point stands.

Clemson can be the best team in the country and also play terrible competition in the ACC.

Those are mutually exclusive ideas. I would prefer the ACC to stay down.

Re: He's not wrong.

Jun 25, 2019, 5:56 PM

Clemson is by far the best team in the ACC and would be the best team in the SEC. The ACC isn't a "clown show" but it also isn't very good. Eventually FSU, VA Tech and Miami will be good again but until then, the next best team in the ACC is probably Syracuse. That doesn't leave much in conference competition for Clemson.

Jun 25, 2019, 8:39 PM

so let's break down to the east LOL and the west??? Where would Clemson stand ?? Now where would UGA stand in the ACC ??? You have nobody in the east Period don't bring that weak SEC #### over here

You won the east and lost to BAMA be very glad you didn't play us cause we curb stomped BAMA LOL

Jun 26, 2019, 10:29 AM

Why don't you actually read my post before you respond. Where would Clemson stand in the SEC East and West? Like I said, as the best team.

Jun 25, 2019, 8:45 PM [ in reply to Re: He's not wrong. ]

U OF COOTS
UK
Vandy
MOO U
Fla
Tenn LOL

Allbarn LOL

Ole miss

miss st

Ark

T&M

REALLY wow

Jun 26, 2019, 12:28 PM [ in reply to Re: He's not wrong. ]

How tough is the competition that Bama plays, LSU and UGA is it. You could throw their most hated Rival Aubarn in there, but they haven't been very competitive against Bama either, 8-3 since 2008, and as we know, the best teams in the country can look bad playing the worst team in the country in their rival....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 26, 2019, 11:44 AM [ in reply to He's not wrong. ]

You're right, he's not wrong. The ACC can be described as a clown show. Why on Earth are FSU and Miami such dumpster fires right now? Our biggest competition is who this year?

However, the SEC isn't that much better. Who is Bama's main competition? UGa? LSU? Honestly, I'm interested to see if anyone can give them a game, but I wouldn't hold my breath. I wouldn't wager on Coach O or Kirby against Saban, they've proven multiple times they don't have the stones to get the job done, so until they do it, I don't believe it'll happen.

Jun 26, 2019, 5:24 PM

I think LSU and Auburn both beat Bama this year IMO.

Jun 25, 2019, 5:25 PM

Finebaum's behind the news cycle. He needs to check the W-L record for ACC vs SEC over the past 4 years. The ACC has passes the SEC clown show..... AND the Finebaum clown show.

Jun 26, 2019, 12:34 PM

Paul Finebaum is a clown without a conference preference!!!

Because Of Propaganda!

Jun 26, 2019, 1:01 PM

SEC teams get all the pre-season hype!
ACC teams do not!

So, when the season starts, these dudes look like hot garbage and lose! They only fall a few spots b/c it was to another team that was ranked entirely too high! They shoot up the rankings!
Look at the way Bama "OWNED" the SEC! I mean, Tua and company should have been as fresh as Clemson was. Never having to play 2nd half and such.
It becomes a self-fulfilled prophecy because Nancy St. and Syracuse in recent years late in the season had outstanding records and their poll position didn't change. Unless they dropped after a win; check it it's happened.
So, from a, perception stand point he is right. But, besides Bama what has the rest of the SEC done?
FSU has won a NC less than 10 years ago. Beat a SEC team to do it; one the SEC just like Clemson just did this season; couldn't contend with!
Parity in the ACC! No parity in the SEC. It's Bama and everybody else as far as anything outside of their own little circle blank of a conference! On the national level besides being overly ranked - nobody else is doing anything that warrants all the praise.
I didn't say the ACC was. I just said, "I am not impressed with the SEC like that"!
Why isn't the Big Ten a Clown show then? Ohio St. Or 0 31 0 st. is "ALL" that conference has as far as serious contender for a NC! Period. The big slow conference has done what outside of ohio st.? Michigan I believe was the last team from that conference to win anything nationally and that was I believe 96. It's 2019.

Propaganda and click bait for clicks and ratings is all this clown is about. TNET seems to love it too!
Nothing to see here really! Do something SEC besides Bama and get back at me!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clown Show making comments about Clown Shows, got it***

Jun 25, 2019, 5:28 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clown Show making comments about Clown Shows, got it***

Jun 25, 2019, 5:34 PM

Perhaps we as fans need to make some adjustments in our attitude about the league. The SEC rides the coat tails of Bama every year and most SEC fan like to see league schools do well outside the conference. I’m not sure that support exists in the ACC. With the exception of unc I don’t get a lot of enjoyment in seeing other league teams lose.

Jun 26, 2019, 6:43 AM

To me there is a big difference in wanting a team to be undefeated when Clemson beats them and pulling for a team because they are in our conference. It makes us look better, not that we need it, but it is a lot more fun to have a good FSU team get beat by us.

Jun 26, 2019, 11:38 AM [ in reply to Re: Clown Show making comments about Clown Shows, got it*** ]

i don't know of any SEC fans who take joy in Alabama winning except Alabama fans. It's a false narrative from ESPN that people care about conference like that.

Jun 26, 2019, 12:23 PM

Sorry pal but you need to get out of La. sometime. Maybe not in your state... All other suc school states, you better believe they do. They live in the coat tails.

Jun 26, 2019, 3:22 PM

LOL, what? Find me some UT, UF, Ole Miss, etc fans who love it when Bama wins titles then. Maybe the chickens in Columbia like to ride the coat tails, but that'd be about it.

Jun 26, 2019, 3:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Clown Show making comments about Clown Shows, got it*** ]

That statement is not even close to the truth. Every Carolina, Georgia, Florida and Tennessee fan I know was pulling for the ole tide to win. So yea sec fans love sec teams. Period.

Jun 26, 2019, 11:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Clown Show making comments about Clown Shows, got it*** ]

I can say for certain USuC does. So much so they’re willing to forego their own identity to take that of the association with the conference and AL.

Jun 25, 2019, 5:34 PM

Finebum is a turd......if he wants to see the real clown all he has to do is look in the mirror........Go Tigers!!!!!

Jun 25, 2019, 5:35 PM

44-16 !!!! GO TIGERS !!!

Jun 25, 2019, 5:49 PM

ACC Virginia 28. SEC Coots 00000000

Did he leave out the fact that the ACC has a winning record

Jun 25, 2019, 5:42 PM

against the SEC since the playoff era began?

Having to worry about this type of drivel ended when Clemson won the 2016 national championship. When Clemson won the 2018 national championship, listening to this type of drivel became just plain fun.That bunch is so funny.

this fact doesn't get enough air time.***

Jun 25, 2019, 6:53 PM

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jun 25, 2019, 5:46 PM

Yes, having to play Vandy, Arkansas, Kentucky, Ole Miss, and South Carolina every year is real tough (LOL) - when I hear that kind of talk I simply say Remember the Citadel!!

Jun 25, 2019, 5:53 PM

Clemson would sweep the SEC just like they do with the ACC Could Finebaum catch a football if it was thrown to him. He looks like he belongs on Dr Phil.

5 wins came against South Carolina. In transition? two of

Jun 25, 2019, 5:46 PM

those five years, they began the year with a coach named Steve Spurrier. Yes, he quit midyear in 2015, but two of those 5, they were not in transition.

Re: 5 wins came against South Carolina. In transition? two of

Not only that.. they were 9-4 the year we smacked them around 34-10. 34-0 going into the 4th. unfinebaum is a ###### anyways. And a clown.

Finebaum is a clown show

Jun 25, 2019, 5:47 PM

Jun 25, 2019, 5:49 PM

It takes a clown (with big ears) to know a clown!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It is ACC 23, SEC 23 in the last 46 head to head matchups. THE SEC is bama and a shipshow.

But Paul ..... what about ...

Jun 25, 2019, 5:53 PM

.... UVA squeaking by SCar 28 - 0 ?!? -:D

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Jun 25, 2019, 5:54 PM

If you aren't "battle tested" during the regular season, you can't be "battle ready" for the playoffs. I think Clemson's performance over the last several years proves their competition is more than capable and certainly has them ready to take on all comers when the playoffs roll around.

"...South Carolina, which has been in transition.”

Jun 25, 2019, 5:56 PM

I wish they'd hurry up and figure out their gender.

They are hurting our strength of schedule.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 25, 2019, 6:05 PM

Finebaum is setting Clemson up- He knows that if Clemson loses ONE game- he can dismiss the entire ACC and Clemson. It's not going to work because Clemson is going to continue to excel for the time being. Alabama-though recruiting as usual at an elite level- is going to drop the ball before Clemson. Saban's staff changes are going to finally catch up with him and the strain is revealing itself slowly but surely. The two programs are heading in opposite directions and will become more and more evident as this season moves along.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 25, 2019, 10:02 PM

The same Bama was was heralded as being “the best team ever” by big ear Paul and 99% of the talking heads. That is up until the start of the third quarter when they started with their excuses for the reason “the best ever QB” was getting his tail beat and confused by little ole Clemson. Then the final quarter where Clemson could have scored multiple times, but chose to sit on the ball and not run the score up. I don’t know if any other conference, or more importantly school, that has zero self respect or character to acknowledge that they got their ##### handed to them hard and it could have been so much worse. I hope sabans pissed and he tries to force stuff and digs his heals in hard on his players. I hope every team, besides Ga & scar beat them

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Jun 26, 2019, 5:43 PM

We should have, and could have easily hung 80 on Bama.

Red Stick Corndog Nation and Awbarn both will beat them this year.

Truth!***

Jun 25, 2019, 6:07 PM

Jun 25, 2019, 6:07 PM

Tell that to the gamecocks...let them answer that question....

Jun 25, 2019, 6:08 PM

The sec has four teams that may or may not be decent.Ga,ala,a&m, and auburn.Tenn has been a clown show for several years as has LSU.Auburn runs hot and cold.Mo and ark are not good .Vandy and mo are iffy to say the least Fla may or may not be decent.Ala is the only consistent team in the sec and we beat the snot out of them.Wake could beat vandy or ark and S.C. and mo. I hope the new acc channel will be a homer for the acc but not ridiculous like firebum

Jun 25, 2019, 6:13 PM

If you ever wanted a poster picture of a clown, look no further than PF. Don't forget Paul, the Tide was humiliated by the clown conference champion and the only modern team to go 15-0. How that must anguish your intellectually. But truth is truth.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not falling for Finebaum's tactics

Jun 25, 2019, 6:14 PM

It's reactionary fluff designed to lure more Clemson fans into responding and helping his sagging summer ratings. Don't watch or listen to him.

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

I don't mind Paul as much as some others

Jun 25, 2019, 6:16 PM

He says it the way he believes thru slanted Bama glasses but in many cases he is WRONG. However, he is not wrong here. The ACC other than Clemson is a dumpster fire.

Why do you say that? Bama beat their SEC opponents just as

Jun 25, 2019, 7:51 PM

badly as we beat our ACC opponents last year! If not worse!

Jun 25, 2019, 6:26 PM

I think we should just agree with him myself...we want tickets for the ROY bus again!! For next year Alabama is #5, #4, #3, #2, and #1, just like Stephan Smith said last year. I love the ROY bus.

Jun 25, 2019, 6:27 PM

Hey Ears, so according to your logic, if the best team in a nowhere conference can "beat down, dominate, eviscerate, what ever other derogatory adjectives fit" the "greatest football team ever from the hunter/killer conference" where every game is akin to the gladiator games once played in the Coliseum in Rome, then what does that say about the true state of the mighty mighty sec (where players have something euphemistically referred to as "sec speed")?
To answer the question of what would happen if The National Champion Clemson Tigers played a schedule in the sec equal to the one that the "greatest team ever" plays...thee wouldn't be one sec team in the playoffs. We would get to see some other True Power conferences in the playoffs like the SunBelt and Southern because the sec is the sec in name only...paper tiger Ears, that's all.
You said it yourself, "Nick Saban was stripped naked..." ....scary.

Jun 25, 2019, 6:51 PM

If you ever wanted a poster picture of a clown, look no further than PF. Don't forget Paul, the Tide was humiliated by the clown conference champion and the only modern team to go 15-0. How that must anguish your intellectually. But truth is truth.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 25, 2019, 7:14 PM

The Sports Media will push their agenda just like the mainstream media does. Fake News is Fake News.

Finebaum is our enemy after the Osama Bin Dabo thing.

Jun 25, 2019, 7:28 PM

After this post I am boycotting all posts about him. Talking sh*t about football is one thing... going after Dabo in such a disgusting way is immoral. I'm completely done with him. I wish Tigernet would ban him. But I know they worship the clicks.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Finebum is the clown!!***

Jun 25, 2019, 7:49 PM

Re: Finebum is the clown!!***

Jun 26, 2019, 10:38 AM

HEAD-to-HEAD, the ACC is .500 vs. the SEC over the last 4 years (23-23)
I also looked at the last 3 bowls (or 10 years, if fewer than 3) head-to-head in my most recent blog post: the ACC leads 18-12

https://accfootballrx.blogspot.com/2019/06/2019-finebaum-clown-show.html

Finebaum IS the clown!

Very true right now. What else can you say?

Jun 25, 2019, 7:53 PM

Syracuse is coming on. Can they sustain it?
Duke is a consistent 7, 8, or 9 game over-achiever. Tech? Who knows? Louisville same. FSU and Miami are down . VT is down. UNC? WHO knows?

Re: Very true right now. What else can you say?

Jun 25, 2019, 9:08 PM

Don't forget about Notre Dame.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Paul Finebaum is the Howard Stern of Sports***

Jun 25, 2019, 7:56 PM

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Well, every Tiger has to at least admit that if any

Jun 25, 2019, 8:34 PM

body would know about clowns, it would be Whinebomb.

Clowns can be scary

Jun 25, 2019, 8:59 PM

Ask the chickens. Virginia is one scary clown!

Jun 25, 2019, 9:10 PM

Football in the state of South Carolina outside of Clemson is a clown show.

Jun 25, 2019, 9:10 PM

Football in the state of South Carolina outside of Clemson is a clown show.

Jun 25, 2019, 10:18 PM

I don’t know.......Citadel ain’t to bad. Ask Bama!!!

Jun 25, 2019, 9:13 PM

Sounds like a “who’s got the biggest wein3r contest.” Most of the guys touting a big wein3r usually have a small one. Bet a $100 Finebumb has a small one.

For Clemson, the SEC is a clown show too***

Jun 25, 2019, 10:42 PM

Jun 25, 2019, 11:46 PM

IDK - sometimes the world we live in makes no sense. Looking up PF's Bio, I can't find that he has ever played the game, studied the game (Political Science major at Tenn), coached the game or perhaps even actually watched a game. Other than the fact that he can probably hear play calls from a mile away I have no idea why anyone would ever listen to him. Other than a mike in his hand that someone gave him because he looked funny, does he have any reason to be called an expert?????
I don't know, I think its funny when people actually refer to him like he knows something - he's obviously paid to blow up the SEC at the expense of the ACC so I guess good for him for doing his job even if it does make him the Clown.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 26, 2019, 12:04 AM

Outside of a certain elephant's bum, Paul Finebaum is a (dumbo ears) clown show. To quote the immortal Groucho, outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. But inside of an elephant's bum, you can't see well enough to read. Forget republishing that Bamer homer.

Jun 26, 2019, 12:13 AM

Outside of a certain elephant's bum, Paul Finebaum is a (Dumbo ears) clown show. To quote the immortal Groucho, outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. But inside of an elephant's bum, you can't see well enough to read. Time to forget republishing that elephant bum dweller. His opinions are not consequential to anyone who is not already in the dark places of an elephant, .

Jun 26, 2019, 1:06 AM

So the gameclucks have been in transition? Hmmmm! So any sec team that beat them should not count the victory. Now if they are roosters , Are they transitioning into hens ?Anyway what is Dumbo (PF) going to say when The Tigers repeat this coming season? I hope the transition period last 10 more years a double digits streak. Go TIGERS!!?

Deer Finebum

Jun 26, 2019, 6:44 AM

The SEC outside of Alabama is a clown show. That is all.

Jun 26, 2019, 7:02 AM

These clowns in the media want it all ways ......

If a team has an easy regular season and then gets beaten in the play-offs, it's because it wasn't battle hardened.

If a team has an easy regular season and then a successful play-offs, it was because it was well rested.

If a team has a tough regular season schedule, and is beaten in the play-offs, then it was tired and physically beat up.

Whatever the scenario, there's always an excuse for why their team didn't win, or their prediction was proved to be wrong.

In regards to this, Clemson and Alabama are both far superior to the rest of the ACC and SEC, and for what it's worth, last January Clemson proved that they were far superior to Alabama. Obviously, each year with new recruits arriving, and the Senior class departing, things can change. I'm happy where we are. I'm confident of making the play-offs. Then we'll see where we're at this season. No bragging, no boasting, just letting our performances on the field do the talking.

Blah blah blah, Finebaum rips on the ACC, yawn

Jun 26, 2019, 7:45 AM

Why is this even news? Why are we feeding this troll? Everyone knows he's paid to make the SEC look good and everyone else, especially its biggest regional competitors, look bad.

Jun 26, 2019, 8:16 AM

He says stuff like this every summer to get people going because in the off-season there isnt much to talk about.
He isnt far off right now though... the ACC has usually had at least 2 decent teams... right now, there just isnt anyone doing anything special other than our tigers.

A Walking Talking Hemorrhoid! Dump Preparation H

Jun 26, 2019, 8:53 AM

on him and he'll disappear. Hey Paul-guess what? We beat your arses! Pure, plain, and simple. Now shut the hell up.

Jun 26, 2019, 8:59 AM

It is funny, his argument is that outside of Clemson the ACC is a "Clown Show" but then in the next sentence says imagine if Clemson had to play LSU and Alabama every year. So with that thought, outside of LSU and Alabama (and really it is just Alabama) the SEC is a clown show. Wake Forest and Syracuse are the Vanderbilt and Kentucky of the East. You can't take your two prized fighters and brag about an entire conference being good...

Takes a Clown to Know a Clown

Jun 26, 2019, 9:53 AM

what a bu77 wipe

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Jun 26, 2019, 10:08 AM

Finebaum is such a wimp. He's a Tennessee grad that clings to Alabama trying to make himself relevant in a man's world. Fat chance. If he were at the beach, he's the first guy that would have sand kicked in his face.

Jun 26, 2019, 10:14 AM

Finebum doesn't need any makeup.

Jun 26, 2019, 12:11 PM

When Finebaum gets into one of his rants, is there no one in the media with enough balls to just tell Mr Paul Finebaum that his rants on other conference teams that can beat teams in the SEC make him just as much the clown that he labels other conferences to being. Finebaum is the only person in sports media that with just a modest amount of face paint would look just like a circus clown that he acts to be, he makes people all around him laugh without the face paint. If any body has missed their calling, Paul Finebaum has, he was born with the face of a clown that he constantly portrays!!!

Jun 26, 2019, 1:38 PM

Finebaum should just shut his mouth. Clemson has the National Championship 2 out of 3 years and won it it with superior talent. As far as clown shows are concerned, he is the ringmaster and it shows everytime he opens his mouth. GO TIGERS!!!

Jun 26, 2019, 3:47 PM

Must not have any mirrors in his surroundings 'cuz the only things missing are the big shoes1

Jun 26, 2019, 4:06 PM

He’s right. Syracuse is the 2nd best team right now. Let’s take a look at their recruiting rankings in the last couple of years:

2020 - 69th
2019 - 54th
2018 - 50th
2017 - 54th
2016 - 62nd

I mean, wow. Aren’t they just so talented? When that team is the 2nd best in a conference, you can be dang sure that conference is really really good, amirite?

No sir, you're not right

Jun 26, 2019, 6:46 PM

There's such of a thing called coaching. Not sure I'd base on how good a team is on their recruiting ranking. If that was true, Clemson wouldn't have won a NC. What was Virginia's recruiting record vs the c0cks? Might've been better, might've been worse, Idk, but I do know the c0cks got whipped.

Go Tigers AND Tiger Nation(al CHAMPIONS!)!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

Jun 26, 2019, 4:21 PM

What if we had to play those powerhouse Hogs, Vandy, Kentucky, and Missouri teams?

Jun 26, 2019, 4:23 PM

What if we had to play those powerhouse Hogs, Vandy, Kentucky, and Missouri teams?

Jun 26, 2019, 4:23 PM

Jun 26, 2019, 5:07 PM

Sadly, the numbers are not good for ACC teams. The conference was very weak last year but that did not stop the Tigers from embarrassing Alabama, Finebaum and all the SEC lovers. I am afraid the perception is a one loss ACC team would not make the playoffs.

Please explain "the numbers"

Jun 26, 2019, 6:49 PM

you speak of. TIA

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

Jun 28, 2019, 12:32 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Paul Finebaum: "The ACC outside of Clemson is a clown show" ]

I disagree. If Clemson starts the season ranked #1 and losing one game should keep them in the playoffs but it would depend when during the season the lose happened.

Sounds like somebody needs a hug

Jun 26, 2019, 5:13 PM

Paul, I know how sad it is that you said Clemson had no shot and they curb-stomped Saban and the boys. But it's ok. You will get another chance this year. You couldn't possibly be wrong again, could you?

Jun 26, 2019, 5:17 PM

SEC homers gonna SEC homer. They were not let facts get in the way. What a doofus.

Too easy. Obvious bait.

Jun 27, 2019, 11:58 AM

Finebaum's show is the clown show with tons of call-in clowns. Derp.

Next time, vote Jabba like you're supposed to.

Mods, please make Finebaum (or any basterdized spelling of

Jun 27, 2019, 12:00 PM

it) a banned werd. Thank you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geez... Paul’s Show IS

Jun 27, 2019, 10:46 PM

The Clown Show (I’m guessing, I’ve never watched an episode)

Who cares about how the ACC is percieved. As long as Clemson

Jul 1, 2019, 2:09 PM

gets to the cfp and every now and again to the championship and keeps proving WE aren't a clown show then i'm good. 44-16 tells me all i need to know about last season. And tells Finebaum all he needs to know. There are facts and there is banter/talk. The banter/talk is hypothesizing about other teams in a conference being strong or weak. Then there are facts where we see scores on a scoreboard and there are pictures of coaches and players hoisting trophies and hugging and cheering. Thats what i'd like to ponder. Not some myth about my conference being better than someone else. Those are loser topics. Great lets just say you have the best conference. Great....we got the trophy while the rest of the whiners whine.

Replies: 109
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic