»
Topic: Finebaum May be right...
Replies: 9   Last Post: Oct 20, 2019 3:02 PM by: ninetytwotiger®
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 9  

Finebaum May be right...

[5]
Posted: Oct 20, 2019 10:24 AM

A lot of whining about who says what, feeling disrespected, media hates us, media doesn’t want us into the playoff, blah, blah, blah! Surprised some of you can walk with the boulder on your shoulder.

Honestly, Who gives a crap?

Just keep winning and the rest doesn’t matter, no matter what any talking head says. It’s completely irrelevant. Win and we are in. It’s that simple.

Re: Finebaum May be right...

[2]
Posted: Oct 20, 2019 10:37 AM

Exactly. I don't get why anyone cares.

2020 white level member

perception and rankings determine playoff seed

Posted: Oct 20, 2019 10:41 AM

why should a great team have to play the hardest route to a championship?

its the same reason federer wouldnt want to play nadal in round 1 of wimbledon... you work hard in the regular season to get what you deserve. clemson offensively is a very similar team and defense by stats arguably better... so why sneak clemson in as a low seed when the remaining field is similar??

Re: perception and rankings determine playoff seed

Posted: Oct 20, 2019 11:22 AM

I want to play in ATL...give me 1 or 4 makes no difference to me. Would rather play Bama first with a healthy post-season roster than limp in to a NC with the possibility of key players out.

How do you know that?

[3]
Posted: Oct 20, 2019 11:15 AM

What makes you so sure? For the record, I BELIEVE WE WILL BE IN IF WE WIN OUT. Unlike many others, however, I do not see it as a slam dunk. Committee members, despite the guidelines and criteria they are given, hear the same endless anti-Clemson drumbeat the rest of us hear. They hear how great Jalen Hurts is, and how bad Trevor Lawrence is. They are not singularly committed to making sure Clemson gets a fair shake like we are.

2020 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

I just can’t picture a situation where they leave

[1]
Posted: Oct 20, 2019 11:27 AM

An undefeated defending national champion out of the playoffs. As much as ESPN would love it, It won’t happen. ESPN just cares about their ratings for their Game of the century with bama and LSU and would love to see a rematch in the playoffs. The way I see it, those 2 teams get to play for their shot...same as last year with Georgia. ESPN wanted UGA in so bad they could taste it....didn’t happen

Message was edited by: Pawsitive Force

That will never happen if you have faith in the integrity of

Posted: Oct 20, 2019 11:41 AM

the CFP committee. From their own published "responsibilities": Attempt to avoid rematches of regular-season games and repeat appearances in specific bowls. There would be no "game of the century rematch".

2020 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Finebaum May be right...

Posted: Oct 20, 2019 11:42 AM

So you listen to enough F-bum to know he calls himself itrelivant? Wow.

For the record, it does matter- not as much as winning, but it matters. The media bias makes a big difference! On the most basic level, they are trying to buy sec teams more wiggle room for poor play (losses or eye-test) and take any wiggle room we have away. It also effects recruiting, tv ratings, and enrollments. There is a ton of money involved here and the constant slander is not an accident. The SEC consistently threatens to take “their product” away from espn if they don’t fully support the conference.

2020 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Please tell us more about how it doesn’t matter

Posted: Oct 20, 2019 2:56 PM

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/thread/TNET-Clemson-drops-in-latest-AP-Poll-1940374?tstart=0

2020 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Finebaum #2***

Posted: Oct 20, 2019 3:02 PM

2020 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Replies: 9  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: We have 6 tickets in section O for sale with seat backs ! We are asking 450 per ticket and 800.00 ...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
2770 people have read this post