Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: WATCH: Finebaum - Coaching edges goes to Saban
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

FB Update: WATCH: Finebaum - Coaching edges goes to Saban

Jan 3, 2016, 11:28 AM

WATCH: Finebaum - Coaching edges goes to Saban

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: WATCH: Finebaum - Coaching edges goes to Saban

Jan 3, 2016, 11:29 AM

no thanks

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 4, 2016, 5:06 AM

Coaching edge clearly goes to dabo period he is the only coach "this year"(which is the year were playing in) to be undefeated.14-0 > 13-1 elementary math. Saban has to be losing a Lil sleep knowing he got beat by our reject qb

Jan 3, 2016, 11:34 AM

I really dont have a problem with that opinion. He has 4 NC rings at 2 different schools. It is up to Coach Swinney and Co. to change that.

Jan 3, 2016, 11:56 AM

I agree ____________ Saban sets the ""BAR"" for all other coaches ** may not like him (cause he's all business) but he is one of the best, if not the best**

Dabo has just begun to set the new ""BAR"" level !!!!

our overall coaching staff is better than Bama's...

Jan 3, 2016, 11:38 AM

Sabah might be better in X's and O's, but head coaching is about leadership and motivation so Dabo has the edge in that. And top to bottom our staff is much better than Bama's. Kirby Smart would be a nobody if Saban wasn't designing the game plan, you will see this in the coming years at UGA. So we have the better dcoord and orcoord than Bama. In

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: our overall coaching staff is better than Bama's...

Jan 3, 2016, 6:51 PM

I completely agree!

Did u hear it clearly or was the sound muffled ?

Jan 3, 2016, 11:41 AM

He should get his head out
Of Saban's .... If the later

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson Is Coming" says Stephone Anthony (Class 2011)"
"Why NOT Clemson"
"Why Not Dabo"

Re: Did u hear it clearly or was the sound muffled ?

Jan 3, 2016, 11:47 AM

Exactly what I was going to say. If Saban comes to an abrupt stop they will have to surgically remove Finebaum's large nose from his a$$

Jan 3, 2016, 11:50 AM [ in reply to Did u hear it clearly or was the sound muffled ? ]

He can't go too far in ... his ears will prevent it.

Jan 4, 2016, 5:39 AM

Those ears are like a hook barb , if he were to get all the way in there ...the extraction process would not be for the faint of heart .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

I already know what this guy is going to say...

Jan 3, 2016, 11:50 AM

why listen?

Go Tigers!

Re: I already know what this guy is going to say...

Jan 3, 2016, 1:41 PM

Excellent! He is such an Alabama homer, and what's interesting is he went to Tennessee. He is so biased that I quit listeng to him when he was on XM Radio, and I never have watched him on the TV. I already know what he will say. I have better uses for my time. When we beat them, though, it will be fun to listen in.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Has Finebaum ever picked against a Bama coach?

Jan 3, 2016, 11:51 AM

Dabo hurt his feeling. Finebaum's show features Alabama and anything pertaining to Bama. He had Dabo on the show for one, and only one, reason. He wanted to know what every Bammer fan wants to know, will Dabo coach for them after Saban retires or leaves.

Dabo knew what he wanted and proceeded to tell Finebaum about the times that Bama screwed him including the time he wrote letters to everyone there and got no responses, they all ignored him.

Finebaum said, this is the time during the show when I won't ask you about returning to Alabama. That's paraphrased but is accurate to the spirit of the conversation. Who would expect him to pick anyone over Saban, really?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just another area where Clemson is underrated relative to

Jan 3, 2016, 11:52 AM

empirical evidence - our coaching ability. We have one of the best, if not THE best coaching staff in the country(based upon exhausting analysis). I fully expect our coaching staff to provide an excellent game plan for success, quite likely an advantage, but definitely not a disadvantage.

I look for Brent Venables to, once again, take away what you do best and force you to beat his defense doing something that you do not normally do well. He is especially good (as most are) at attacking an immobile quarterback who is no threat to beat you with his feet.

I look for Elliott/Scott to adapt well to whatever your defensive plan turns out to be, and it will surely be a good one, but Watson's running ability just makes it too easy for us to make your defense hesitant and find openings to exploit.

Advantage? Clemson. :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just another area where Clemson is underrated relative to

Jan 3, 2016, 1:44 PM

Right on! Also, they are not equipped to handle the HUNH that we can run where substitutions are prevented without calling time outs (or faking injuries which I fully expect).

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been impressed all year with Elliott and Scott's

Jan 3, 2016, 8:49 PM [ in reply to Just another area where Clemson is underrated relative to ]

ability to diagnose what the defense is giving us and take it. In this game I think it will be much like the Boston College gameplan where we loosen them up with downfield passes and underneath routes to Leggett and then hit them with the Wayne Train late.

Our defense matches up VERY well with what Alabama does. Much better than we did with OU, actually.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks Finebaum

Jan 3, 2016, 12:05 PM

Just more motivation

you mean freakbum is a homer? no way!***

Jan 3, 2016, 12:24 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GoTiguhs!!

Dabo 1 ACC Championship??

Jan 3, 2016, 12:26 PM

Did I hear it correctly, he said Dabo has only coached in 1 ACC Championship??

Re: Dabo 1 ACC Championship??

Jan 3, 2016, 12:27 PM

Yes you heard it correctly. These guys just blabber, never check facts.

Re: Dabo 1 ACC Championship??

Jan 3, 2016, 12:51 PM [ in reply to Dabo 1 ACC Championship?? ]

That's what talking heads (ears) do.
They talk. No research. Coaches coach, players play. I predicted a double digit against OU. Same with bama. GO TIGERS!

Why doesn't someone tell that idiot there is no Z in

Jan 3, 2016, 12:56 PM

Clemson? Dabo had the chance. Well he probably did correct her, but she said, "up in New York this is how we pronounce Clemson. Do you want me to correct you?"

Here we go again....Folks, we need to hear that.***

Jan 3, 2016, 1:06 PM

Jan 3, 2016, 1:25 PM

Don't put a lot of stock on what the "eared q-ball secheat homer" has to say. There isn't a more biased source out there.

Finebaum = SEC Tool and Fool

Jan 3, 2016, 2:28 PM

Did you expect anything different from him? Doesn't do his homework (Dabo is 2/3 in ACC championship games), takes the easy path and speaks the party line. Better coach? Better coaching decisions? What about the kick six decision to kick the FG vs Auburn? How does NS record after same number of years compare to Dabo's? I fully expect Ala QB to be looking up from the ground often and at least 2 picks on passes. I am still concerned about our linebacker play on both runs and passes but I fully expect we will get at least 25% more points than Ala normally gives up, just because of the dynamic offense we have. Minimize mistakes, get at least one big break with a fumble or pick6 and we will by more than 10. Otherwise it comes down to a last minute kick by one team or the other in my opinion. If we can hold Henry down as well as we did OU's runners, which is a tough task, AND if we make virtually no mistakes, I could see a 17 point win. The only way I see us losing is with a massive number of penalties and fumbles.

Re: Finebaum = SEC Tool and Fool

Jan 4, 2016, 5:02 AM

Our linebacker play was amazing and made some huge plays in orange bowl why would you still be concerned with some slower paced offense?

Awesome

Jan 3, 2016, 4:20 PM

It is predictions like these that made the Oakie game even better. It will be fun to dig up this clip after the game.

On a related note (SIAP) wasn't it Saban whining about the HUNH a few years ago, saying rules should be in place to make it less effective? Looks like we have a game plan!

Jan 3, 2016, 4:33 PM

To paraphrase Thumper, if you can't say anything right (Finebum), don't say anything at all.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He spoke the truth, how can you argue . .

Jan 3, 2016, 5:38 PM

with a coach that has been to the title game 4 times and has won 4 times? Dab has never even been here. of course they have to have a coaching edge. Been there , done that means a lot in this world. Now I hope he , Saban, is 4 for 5 after the 11th. But going in, how can you not agree ??

I agree with you, DUH. Now lets hope..............

Jan 3, 2016, 6:13 PM

our coach can knock Nick Satan down a few notches.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Deer Paul Finebaum

Jan 3, 2016, 6:37 PM

YOU STINK!! That is all.

2024 free_orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

A stellar P-Fine report. Also like Bear over Bill Dooley

Jan 3, 2016, 6:42 PM

for a historical perspective.

And Captain Obvious is right of course - but here's hoping in 10-12 years Dabo & Clemson have just as many!

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic