Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Finally watching the game (kinda long)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

Finally watching the game (kinda long)

Nov 16, 2014, 6:56 PM

After I had to work yesterday. First thing I notice is that we were running Watson too much. The injury WAS a freak accident, however, too many qb options and designed runs. Too many hits on a qb who is just returning from a 4 game absence. Yes Watson is a good runner but his arm is better than 95% of qbs in college football. You dont see Winston (forgive the comparison) running all the time tho he is talented enough to. I understand the offenses are different, but with the shape of our oline, Morris has got to play with what we have and there are 1.3 millions reasons to not accept some improv. I personally think limiting the plahbook when Stoudt is playing is good improv, a sort of damage control. With that said...

2.) CS is no good. Every game this year he has thrown potential ints that were dropped by the defenders or broken up by scott and williams our best cbs. Yesterday was just a culmination of what has been brewing. The first pic 6 was predictable as not only did Stoudt stare down the rb on a screen, but how often do we run that play. Golden ran from 15yds outside his zone to make that int. He obviously knew the play and Stoudt made no attempt to read the coverages and see him running in. It almost was a Lebronesque no look pass, albeit to the defender.

ESecPN called out Morris @ halftime about running Watson so much and Stoudt after DW got hurt and not having enough depth. We dont need them to state the obvious. We gotta make those changes.

Defense was awesome. I was glad to see that tech didnt put up their usual rushing numbers.

For the rest of the season, play Dr. Schuess against G. State. I know he may not start since it is Sr night, but he needs significant pt. CS shoulder is no excuse for his misreads, lack of pocket awareness, time mngmnt, etc. Those are things that even if not as athletically gifted schuessler should be able to understand. Also we have a few former qbs playing other positions that should see pt or at least snaps in practice. Robert Smith was rated as a qb coming out of hs. Apparently his only knock is his height. Jayron Kearse was also rated as a ATH/DT qb who put up good numbers in hs. Jaydar is also good enough to fill in his absence at safety. THE ELITE PROGRAMS DO WHAT IT TAKES. Go Tigers!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aren't you brilliant?***

Nov 16, 2014, 7:25 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

slow clap.***

Nov 16, 2014, 7:27 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Finally watching the game (kinda long)

Nov 16, 2014, 7:28 PM

5.0 ypc

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Read your post, (kinda short)

Nov 16, 2014, 7:29 PM

Watson ran up his blocker's ###. That indicates it was more on him than the playcalling.

2. Shame on you for that comment on Cole. Cooton Nelley!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic