Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Do we throw the ball quickly to the flats
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 884

Do we throw the ball quickly to the flats

Aug 28, 2014, 12:17 PM

and pound away on their lack of depth and experience in the secondary, often with our tight ends lined up wide countering their efforts to pressure and confuse our qb and line with their talented front seven?

Or, do we come out and try to establish the run to get them to bite on play action?

Georgia doesn't have the talent and depth in the secondary for Pruitt to do what he did with FSU last year. Make the Georgia secondary run, chase and tackle all day. The'll get tired and make mistakes. Regardless of how much confidence our coaches have in our running game, based upon the matchup, we are going to have to throw the ball a good bit to take advantage of their weakness.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The goal is always 50/50 pass and run.

Aug 28, 2014, 12:19 PM

Whatever they don't expect, expect.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Do we throw the ball quickly to the flats

Aug 28, 2014, 12:22 PM

Personally, I think we have an advantage by passing more than running. Our RUN game isn't established yet in anyone's book, but their secondary is WEAK. I like the idea of attacking the secondary and using our TE's over the middle to make their secondary feel the pain. I don't see UGA stopping that on a regular basis. I think we have just as many big chunk plays thru the air as UGA has with the run. I think Cole can hit those targets with a lot of consistency, so UGA will have to play the pass first, which should open up some rushing lanes. The logic is reversed, but in our case, it might work.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 28, 2014, 1:21 PM

I agree. Nickel and dime them to death with high percentage 5 to 7 yard passes. Mix in the run when it's
there. I just don't think we have the size and power to just line up and run it down their throats. Make first downs and keep Gurley and company on the sideline as much as possible.

Finally a sirius question

Aug 28, 2014, 12:24 PM

I would like to see us get it out in the flats, but Stoudt will choose what is available. In our system the QB has a lot of room to make calls on the field based on what he sees. Lots of QB reads. Hopefully Cole just slowly wears them down. Expect the TEs to be heavily involved to move the chains.

Re: Finally a sirius question

Aug 28, 2014, 1:23 PM

Right. Take what they give us. And don't turn the ball over. And, hope the D plays lights out.

Aug 28, 2014, 12:26 PM

I think that we are going to see a similar game plan to the Ohio State one.... attack the edges and let the playmakers make plays. I do expect the QB to run but less than Boyd. More of a run by committee. I expect Howard to get stopped, but Gallman and Davidson to be more effective. Why? I think UGA is too fast for Howard's style.

Peake screen for days, just like Sammy in the Orange bowl***

Aug 28, 2014, 12:43 PM

Adam gonna have another stellar blocking performance

Message was edited by: MB93Tiger®

Aug 28, 2014, 12:51 PM

That's the big thing we lose with no Sammy...we could throw that quick screen and he would carry guys for additional yards, Sammy was powerful for a receiver . Do we have anyone who is anywhere close to the strength of Sammy?

bubble screens all day***

Aug 28, 2014, 1:22 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Replies: 9
| visibility 884
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic