Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Finally! Do Not Call List Violator gets justice
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,548

Finally! Do Not Call List Violator gets justice

Mar 3, 2016, 11:31 AM

Last summer, my wife and I kept getting repeat calls from someone selling extended car warranties. They repeatedly called both of our cell phones. I finally had it and cussed them out, then blocked the number. Well, yesterday my wife got a postcard informing her that she was part of a class action lawsuit against Interstate National Dealer Services, Inc. The suit has been settled and she will receive a payment from the settlement fund if approved by the Court.

I don't care if the check is only $.10. Finally someone stood up and sued the telemarketer and it really cost them.

Meanwhile, I have to actively block the other violators.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Were those calls originating from Belton/Honea path

Mar 3, 2016, 12:27 PM

numbers?
I went thru same thing

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Were those calls originating from Belton/Honea path

Mar 3, 2016, 12:38 PM

Every day I receive a call wanting to sell me health insurance. One day the call is from Fl, the next day from NY per the area codes. Block the numbers but still the telemarketers move to another line. No longer do I answer the phone unless I recognize the number. Set my phone to ring 3 times, if I do not pick up goes to voice mail. If the message is from someone I know or want to talk to I call back. I, along with millions of other folks, are sick of this problem. Donald Trump is gonna fix this problem. What da you think??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Were those calls originating from Belton/Honea path

Mar 3, 2016, 1:37 PM

Cell or landline? There's a website called NoMoRobo that will block calls on landlines that have "unavailable" for caller ID. I signed up (for free) and it's drastically cut down the number of calls. Rings once and then off to Never Never Land.

www.nomorobo.com

Re: Finally! Do Not Call List Violator gets justice

Mar 3, 2016, 1:00 PM

Be careful. Cussing on a telephone is a misdemeanor in SC. It's called illegal use of a telephone. You can cuss in person but can be prosecuted for cussing on a telephone. SC is one of very few states that have a law such as this.

Mar 3, 2016, 1:20 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Mar 3, 2016, 1:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Finally! Do Not Call List Violator gets justice ]

Yet another outdated law on the SC books. Probably can be traced back to when everybody had to be connected by a switchboard.

Mar 3, 2016, 1:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Finally! Do Not Call List Violator gets justice ]

Good thing I live in NC.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,548
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic