Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Fiesta travel question re: car rental
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

Fiesta travel question re: car rental

Dec 9, 2019, 1:31 AM

I'm flying to Vegas and renting a car to drive one-way to AZ for the game. The taxes and fees are outrageous to the tune of 300-500 dollars above rental price. Anybody have any suggestions other than priceline, hotwire, kayak, etc?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Fiesta travel question re: car rental

Dec 9, 2019, 1:41 AM

Just Uber to avoid taxes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Dec 9, 2019, 1:57 AM

Car rental companies charge those outrageous one way fees with the excuse that they have to pay to register the car in the new state, but they don't do that. The car will remain registered in the original state, and the rental company will keep the added on fee. At some point, it will find a customer going one way to the original state and charge him an huge one way fee also.

I suggest you fly to Phoenix or Tucson and rent a car or drive back to Vegas to return the car after the game.

Rentals at some airports rip you off too. I took a 3 week trip to the Rocky Mountains 2 years ago and flew into Denver. I took a $60 cab ride to a city Enterprise agency and saved $800 on the car rental from what it would have cost at the airport Enterprise.

Dec 9, 2019, 4:56 AM

I think the problem doesn't have an easy solution. I rented in Vegas the last Fiesta bowl, but I also returned it in Vegas. I flew into Vegas due to the outrageous airline prices to fly into PHX. I would either fly roundtrip out of Vegas and drive it, or just eat the excess charges for the 1 way rental.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

bus - $25

Dec 9, 2019, 7:48 AM

https://www.flixbus.com/bus-routes/bus-phoenix-az-las-vegas-nv?departureCity=20288&arrivalCity=20218&wt_mc=acq.us-com.FlixBus.sea-nonbrand.google.5665789731.1406876050_50903809130.ad&wt_cc1=non-branded&wt_cc5=bus%20las%20vegas%20to%20phoenix&gclid=Cj0KCQiA_rfvBRCPARIsANlV66MGduRtxW52E0_sw5nMTxjDtRw-Ua8kpba8t5zGOTYBNvgKu2DLKOUaAgzfEALw_wcB

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"something in these hills..." -joe sherman

Try Costco Travel if you have a membership.***

Dec 9, 2019, 9:09 AM

why would you drive to Phoenix from Vegas?

Dec 9, 2019, 9:49 AM

Flights are like 30-40$ one way from Vegas to Phoenix on frontier.

Rent your car at the Phoenix airport

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic