Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My perspective of running on the field
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,724

My perspective of running on the field

Oct 14, 2016, 12:53 PM

My boys and I have always gone on the field after the games just as I did when I was little. My favorite picture of them is when my oldest (now 15) is 3 years old and in his stance ready to take off for a 20 yard Hail Mary and his little brother (now 12) is guarding him with a pacifier hanging out of his mouth. Both have such a look of joy on their face. Now that they are older they try to get an autograph or a selfie and then come back to throw the ball. We have joked that we should recreate that picture but my 12 year old is not keen on the pacifier.
I have said for years when I die I want to be cremated and my ashes spread right there where we throw the football after each game.
My boys know the drill. With 2 minutes left on the clock they can start making their way to the gates by the hill. They have never attempted to jump the wall or enter before time expires. This is such an easy thing to do--wait 30 seconds. I watched as the students on the hill were surging forward at the end of the Louisville game and I remember thinking, "oh that doesn't look good for the ones trapped at the bottom behind the gate!"
Please don't ruin this wonderful tradition by not waiting 30 seconds. I want to watch my sons take my grandkids out on the field one day.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"The one who thinks we can and the one who thinks we can't are both right! Which one are you, son? Which one are you, son?"

Re: My perspective of running on the field

Oct 14, 2016, 12:54 PM

Thank you for getting it, thank you for understanding that you can enjoy a time honored tradition without being selfish.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you have to wonder where it will end though

Oct 14, 2016, 12:58 PM

even after waiting 30 seconds people complain about kids throwing footballs on the field and nailing people in the face or bowling over people running for passes

Re: you have to wonder where it will end though

Oct 14, 2016, 1:04 PM

Maybe it would be best if they made fans wait until at least the teams shake hands and allow the visiting team to leave the field. The CU players that want to sign will remain on the field for a short time after. I do not think the tradition has to stop but the fans need to just act in a calmer manner. I also think that games like UL are different and even if they did not let people on the field if we won a game like that in the future the student's are coming on the field no matter what.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: you have to wonder where it will end though

Oct 14, 2016, 1:06 PM

That's the thing that will be the ruin of it. The next high-profile wins in DV will be overly scrutinized, and it's very unlikely that it will end well. :(

Re: you have to wonder where it will end though***

Oct 14, 2016, 1:05 PM [ in reply to you have to wonder where it will end though ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Haven't they been saying for years: "Please wait until both

Oct 14, 2016, 3:10 PM [ in reply to you have to wonder where it will end though ]

teams have had an opportunity to leave the field" before you come on?

I really don't see the big deal.

We don't "rush the field" after every game--that's what ESPN says we do--but we "Gather at the Paw."

Waiting literally half a minute prior to doing that is not a slippery slope to anything.

HOF post. Exactly why we can't lose this precious tradition***

Oct 14, 2016, 3:18 PM

You sound like a good Dad who has his children on

Oct 14, 2016, 3:28 PM

the correct path. Hey, they're Clemson fans so the most important part is done!
;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Field Security

Oct 14, 2016, 3:38 PM

I work security at the games and it would be great if the fans would wait until the opposing team left the field. At the Louisville game some fans ran up to Cardinal players and taunted them. I was just waiting for one player to smack one.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,724
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic