Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Few Facts On Nike's Stance toward Slavery
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 512

Few Facts On Nike's Stance toward Slavery

Sep 4, 2018, 11:38 AM

There has been a lot of discussion about Nike, Kaepernick, and Nike's stance to forced labor.

Since 2017, organizations which have business in the UK, and have more than $50MM globally in revenue, are required by law to file an anti-slavery report.

Here is a link to Nike's https://help-en-gb.nike.com/app/answer/article/modern-slavery-act-disclosure/a_id/70708/country/gb

Yes. Nike has had issues in the past, but they have implemented a strong program to address these issues. Will they be 100% perfect? Probably not because it is a very difficult thing to work things out of your supply chain. But on the flip side, they are open about addressing and being held accountable for it.

Just as a sidenote ... the Trump Organization has not filed a report as it should. Hotel, resorts and construction, are often the biggest abusers of the slave trade today so you can agree with their ad campaign or not, but the facts are Nike IS actively trying to end slavery globally and putting its money where it's mouth is. This is a lot more than the vast majority of companies can say.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

nike will no longer be in my house

Sep 4, 2018, 11:39 AM

once they support a pos who supported a commie dictator and wore socks with cops depicted as pigs on them as being a hero they lost me forever.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

too bad they can't seem to

Sep 4, 2018, 11:40 AM

manufacturer quality products at reasonable prices.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Replies: 2
| visibility 512
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic