Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Fellow YOUtubeTV'rs hear my plea
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

Fellow YOUtubeTV'rs hear my plea

Jul 15, 2019, 11:40 AM

1. I have been a big advocate for YouTubeTV
2. I went through last football season with them and was very pleased
3. I have hounded them about the ACC network for months.
4. I have done due diligence on all the other streaming options.
5. One unknown reason that I prefer YouTubeTv is the "sharing ability" I now contract in different parts of the country for extended time and usually in up in a short term rental situation. I take a TV and a Roku stick with me and I watch all my local content and get all the channels. My wife is able to use the account at the same time back in TN. I have tried many ways to get around the sharing controls on the other services to no avail.
6. Hence my dilemma, NO ACC network on YouTubeTv...yet? Because we are about thirty days in front of the launch , I have proactively subscribed to...

HULU with their 30 Day free trial! I am emailing a copy of my sign up with HULU to YouTubeTv.! If YouTube comes around and gets the ACC Network. I will simply cancel the HULU account.

Join me in this quest to wake up YouTubeTv. I have already noticed that HULU has improved their user interface, and if not for the sharing issue, I would just stay on Hulu.

Message was edited by: EssoClub2®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Fellow YOUtubeTV'rs hear my plea

Jul 15, 2019, 11:51 AM

I would join you, but I need ABC streamed--Hulu doesn't offer it for my area. If YouTube doesn't pick up the ACCN, I will be forced to switch to PlayStation Vue. Please continue to contact YouTube--I will as well.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Here is a good little comparison

Jul 15, 2019, 11:57 AM

I wonder why you do not have ABC in your area on Hulu? It must be a local broadcasting rights thing. This article implies they have all locals.

Sony Vue versus Hulu Live

https://thebenchstandard.com/hulu-live-tv-playstation-vue/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Here is a good little comparison

Jul 15, 2019, 1:53 PM

They don't carry all locals in all areas. You have to use your zip code to find out what's in your specific area. I did the month free as well and did not have ABC.

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Jul 15, 2019, 12:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Fellow YOUtubeTV'rs hear my plea ]

I would join you, but I need ABC streamed--Hulu doesn't offer it for my area. If YouTube doesn't pick up the ACCN, I will be forced to switch to PlayStation Vue. Please continue to contact YouTube--I will as well.

WE need to get Peach Bowl Patty to call YouTubeTv and tell them what an irate bunch of Tiger netters can do to a Fax Machine. Blasting emails, just isn't the same as envisioning Patty loading paper and changing Toner for days. To get us in Atlanta for the peach bowl. Wow , how times have changes.

Link to the ACC Directory

Jul 15, 2019, 2:58 PM

Fax away--Swofford has a fax listed:

http://theacc.com/documents/2018/9/26//2018ACCmediadirectory.pdf

--Henry David Thoreau

Jul 15, 2019, 9:44 PM [ in reply to Re: Fellow YOUtubeTV'rs hear my plea ]

Sling
Sling
Sling, has had ACCN for past 3 years and plans to continue.
4.95 a month Sports package.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

contact YOUtubeTV or your service, not Conference offices.

Jul 15, 2019, 10:10 PM

Conferences do not decide who shows ACCN and all the other ESPN channels, the Companies--cable, streaming or sat. do.
YOu need to contact them.

Re: contact YOUtubeTV or your service, not Conference offices.

Jul 15, 2019, 10:59 PM

We are contacting YouTubeTV. Frequently.

--Henry David Thoreau

I am in the same boat. But plus one for the HULU idea

Jul 15, 2019, 11:56 AM

I will be forced to do the 30 day free trial if YT does not come around.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 15, 2019, 12:24 PM

Wake Swofford up. Get him to do HIS job on this. He can't protect Raycom forever.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Swofford

Jul 15, 2019, 12:39 PM

I just got off the phone with Swofford’s secretary’s voice mail (of course no one in that office is available to talk, imagine that)…I left my name, city/state and phone number for a return call about this new network…I’ll be at the GT game but my family can’t go and doesn’t look like they’ll be able to watch the game…I want some answers as to why this is such a mess…my last word to him was “Have you screwed this up like you have with everything else you touch”…I’m sure he’ll return my call (right)

The ACC phone # (336) 854-8787..call them and give them HE##***

Jul 15, 2019, 12:44 PM

Re: The ACC phone # (336) 854-8787..call them and give them HE##***

Jul 15, 2019, 1:18 PM

I just talked to Swofford. He said they are attacking this issue with the same vigor as the 45 minute wait time to get into Bank of America Stadium

This will be Swofford's biggest failure if he doesnt get thi

Jul 15, 2019, 1:31 PM

Swofford had the table set for his sales pitch.

1.Dabo is outshininng the rest of college football right now in media eyes
2.Clemson has been in three of the last 4 national championships
3. He has Duke, UNC, Virginia lighting the basketball world on fire
4. He got his stupid northeast TV markets
5. Has handed to him huge number of inspirational stories about great athletes overcoming obstacles like DW from habitat for humanity to NFL stardom.
6.There is more, but you get the idea.

The table was set for this BOZO. How he hasn't gotten a deal with these other providers is just mind boggling. I wonder if the dufus is holding out for too much. "Penny wise pound foolish"
He is going to mess around and have to negotiate these deals when he doesn't have those 6 bullets to back him up. It was perfect timing to launch this thing , and he has dropped the #### ball.

-esso

Exactly!

Jul 15, 2019, 1:43 PM

He's got a sitting national title holder in the conference with a chance for back-to-back championships, and this is the best he can do???

Fire Swofford!! In the meantime, he needs off his butt and get it done!

--Henry David Thoreau

Too bad he's not attacking it like he did

Jul 15, 2019, 1:48 PM [ in reply to Re: The ACC phone # (336) 854-8787..call them and give them HE##*** ]

with his participation in the extra year tacked on

--Henry David Thoreau

Re: Swofford

Jul 15, 2019, 2:01 PM [ in reply to Swofford ]

its right on plan. protect raycom till the bitter end

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Doesn't ESPN sometimes show games from the SEC network?

Jul 15, 2019, 1:13 PM

Since this will sort of be the start of the 1st real week of CFB...any chance that ESPN will simulcast with the ACC network?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Doesn't ESPN sometimes show games from the SEC network?

Jul 15, 2019, 1:21 PM

Since this will sort of be the start of the 1st real week of CFB...any chance that ESPN will simulcast with the ACC network?

I would think that is a definte NO. ESPN will instead be running commercials saying contact your cable or streaming provider for the ACCNetwork yada yada yada

Re: Doesn't ESPN sometimes show games from the SEC network?

Jul 15, 2019, 2:03 PM

yep I saw one during the tennis yesterday

Yes on watchESPN, as long as you already subscribe to it.***

Jul 15, 2019, 1:23 PM [ in reply to Doesn't ESPN sometimes show games from the SEC network? ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS!!

Re: Yes on watchESPN, as long as you already subscribe to it.***

Jul 15, 2019, 1:31 PM

ShawnC said:

I do not think that is the case. I asked specifically and was told no.

I was specifically referring to SECN.

Jul 15, 2019, 3:30 PM

I don't know about ACCN, but I had assumed it would be the same. Guess not.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS!!

Jul 15, 2019, 2:29 PM

You can request the ACC Network here: https://support.google.com/youtubetv/contact/new_network_request

I'VE DONE THIS PROBABLY 10 TIMES

Jul 16, 2019, 9:53 AM

Everyone keep it up!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would be shocked if YouTube TV doesn’t pick it up.

Jul 15, 2019, 11:04 PM

Once each carrier sees their numbers drop even just a tad while PSVue and Sling goes up, they’ll add it.

Re: I would be shocked if YouTube TV doesn’t pick it up.

Jul 16, 2019, 6:49 AM

Yes, especially since You Tube TV is so sports-heavy. I'm sitting pat, and wait to see if they add it, even a week after the network launches..

Jul 16, 2019, 9:47 AM [ in reply to I would be shocked if YouTube TV doesn’t pick it up. ]

Once each carrier sees their numbers drop even just a tad while PSVue and Sling goes up, they’ll add it.

Sling is NOT a realistic competitor with HuluLive , Vue, and YoutubeTV. Sling has no locals, and a horrible interface. Who wants to have to get locals over air and change inputs all the time etc. How about DVR for a local channel game. I do not see Sling as a competitor. The two that will be slugging it out in the end will be YouTubeTV (owned by google) and Hulu (walt Disney/aka ESPN).

YouTubeTV is currently winning the battle , but this will hurt them more than they are thinking.

Jul 16, 2019, 11:06 AM

YouTubeTV is definitely the best--I've tried all of them. I'm holding out until the last minute to switch.

--Henry David Thoreau

I'm gonna switch from YTTV last second

Jul 16, 2019, 8:59 AM

If need be but no sense doing it now. I continue to request YTTV to get ACCN in the meantime.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm gonna switch from YTTV last second

Jul 16, 2019, 11:10 AM

Same here--am requesting ACCN daily.

--Henry David Thoreau

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic