Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anyone nervous about A&M
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 1

Anyone nervous about A&M

Sep 2, 2018, 7:28 PM

I get nervous every game but to me we have to start a lot crisper on offense.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Anyone nervous about A&M

Sep 2, 2018, 7:32 PM

Score early and often don’t take the foot off the pedal.

No***

Sep 2, 2018, 7:34 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 2, 2018, 7:34 PM

On one hand, yes, because it’s gonna be a hostile environment with a lot of unknowns (I’m always nervous too!). But on the other hand, I think BV has done well against Jimbo Fisher’s schemes the last few years, and he had more talent at FSU. I don’t think any of our guys will be stunned. They’ve played on the big stage enough. I think it will be a slow start, just to see where we are, and then we pull away late. Tigers by 17

Sep 2, 2018, 7:35 PM

I have reached the point that I fear for the safety of the opposing QB's and RB's. I think it all started when we played OU and Perine, Mixon, and Mayfield were destroyed over and over and looked like the walking wounded by the end of the game. Glad they finally recovered.

Sep 2, 2018, 7:46 PM

Thank you very much. As far as I can tell, the Shaggies don't have Perrine, Mixon and Mayfield. Remember last year at VaTech? That Saturday night crowd was supposed to intimidate. Talent and execution win games, not crowds. GoooooooTigers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sep 2, 2018, 8:50 PM

ddclemson said:

Thank you very much. As far as I can tell, the Shaggies don't have Perrine, Mixon and Mayfield. Remember last year at VaTech? That Saturday night crowd was supposed to intimidate. Talent and execution win games, not crowds. GoooooooTigers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Shaggies"? That's clever. We'll see this Saturday how bad the "Shaggies" are. Or aren't.
P. S.
Our defense ain't no slouch.

Rut-roh...can we pass this smack talk over to some....

Sep 2, 2018, 8:57 PM

...Shaggy players?

It would be good for some locker room material.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

Sep 3, 2018, 12:09 AM [ in reply to Re: Anyone nervous about A&M ]

All I remember is Herstreit talking about the vaunted Bud Foster defense. Ha!

Heck YES! ??

Sep 2, 2018, 7:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Anyone nervous about A&M ]

Buf you got to play the bettef teams, at their hostile place, if you’re gonna get better!

Go TiGERS..Jeep ROCKing Team! ??

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Heck YES! ??

Sep 2, 2018, 7:48 PM

Not sure. Are the aggie fans worried about us?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 2, 2018, 8:53 PM

Not sure. Are the aggie fans worried about us?

Yes!! We are! I hope the team takes us lightly like their fans are. That will come back and bite you on Your ace! But seriously, if we can keep it respectable it will be an accomplishment. Young team on the rise but not next Saturday. Cheers to an injury free game for both squads.

Sep 2, 2018, 7:54 PM [ in reply to Heck YES! ?? ]

Clemson has won at Crumbia, VaTech, Atlanta, Awww-burn, Miami, Rawwwwlly, BC, Lewisville, FSPU, and many games against outstanding teams at neutral sites. College Station? Another stop along the way. GooooooTigers!!!!!!!!!!

Sep 2, 2018, 8:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Anyone nervous about A&M ]

#METOO ^^^^^

Sep 3, 2018, 12:07 AM [ in reply to Re: Anyone nervous about A&M ]

I loved that game against OU. All the experts picked OU to destroy us. LOL! Go Tigers!

Sep 2, 2018, 7:58 PM

The only reason I’m nervous is I’m going. I also went to the Sugar Bowl in New Orleans. Didn’t turn out so well.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 2, 2018, 9:31 PM

Same here with the Cuse game last year.

Sep 2, 2018, 8:16 PM

Yep. Not sure how you can be a fan and not be nervous. Nervous every game since DW4 isn’t starting for us. I guess just got conditioned because we always seemed to get and keep a double digit lead. Even with the #1 D, I don’t like being one play from losing.

Biggest concern is aTm TE looked good and imo could be the one place we could get exposed over the middle. Know they were playing nanny st but they looked crisp. There were times on D I didn’t think we were disciplined enough.

We looked crisp when TL was in but not so much with KB. Then again it was first game and tons of rotation. I’ll feel a lot better after we get back with a W.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 2, 2018, 8:20 PM

Only because of the location. Oue team is very talented and talent wins 90% of the time. However, if we get in a early hole the pressure mounds. If wepl ay confident and simply executive from the,start it is,a 14+ point win. Turn it over and press we lose this game. A@M is goid enough with a little help from us. Our B game beats their A game. Our C game comes home with a loss! !

Sep 2, 2018, 8:27 PM

Nope...

Normal jitters of any big game but..NOPE.

Sep 2, 2018, 8:39 PM

I know to say VT's and Louisville's home field advantage at night is no different than the Aggies' stadium is sacrilege in the world of college football. BUT Clemson handled those two stadium's "12th man" advantage quite well last year. I see no difference.
This team is led by veterans who have played in the big games and WON! KB's poise last year in away games is a huge advantage for this year. Add in a sprinkling of TLaw and we got this.

Sep 2, 2018, 8:51 PM

Defense travels.

Sep 2, 2018, 8:53 PM

This is one of those weeks I'm gonna worry more about injuries.

Depends on who's our QB whether or not I'm nervous***

Sep 2, 2018, 8:59 PM

Feels like an FSU-like game with Jimbo and all...

Sep 2, 2018, 9:01 PM

....Jimbo knows whats coming.

If I were the Shaggies, then if I had a choice of who I would want coaching the team, it would be Jimbo.

Jimbo's got some serious motivation here after a $75M contract. If the Shags don't show up, Jimbo will have some 'plaining to do to some Ole Texas boys who take their football pretty seriously..

I expecting Dabo knows what they are going into and will get the Tigers into the right mental state of mind.

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

Re: if we blow this

Sep 2, 2018, 9:38 PM

SEC worship will be off the charts.

i think their QB ran the ball 6 times

Sep 2, 2018, 10:47 PM

and gained 3 yards yesterday

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No... Its just college football. I'm trying to be mature***

Sep 2, 2018, 10:54 PM

Sep 2, 2018, 11:27 PM

I’m nervous about our o-line and secondary. Everything else I feel confident about.

Sep 2, 2018, 11:38 PM

Aggie here... I don't think most of us expect a win. Hoping to keep it respectable seems to be the sentiment. We're excited about the Jimbo era and most believe the sleeping giant we feel is Aggie Football is finally stirring. Since joining the SEC and redeveloping facilities, all we have been missing is a good coaching staff. Recruiting has been good.

But I don't think any of us are under any delusion that Jimbo is expected to pull this one out. Simply, we don't think he has the right personnel. Sumlin was not a discipline guy. Jimbo is and we saw some of that in our first game... err... scrimmage. The first game didn't really tell us much. We did see players knowing their routes and places MUCH better, tackling was much better. But we have a sophomore QB who was shaky last year and clearly wouldn't have been primary at most major programs last year. He "looked" much better in this weeks scrimmage, but no clue how he does against quality competition.

Across the board, it's clear Clemson has the edge on the quality of players. So that will win the game. I am proud of the gameday atmosphere in Kyle Field and believe it really is unrivaled in College Football (a bit biased here, I know... lol). But I agree with another poster... fundamentals win even in hostile environs.

I don't think anyone's guess on score is good in this one, since our first game didnt tell us much. But Clemson should win this one.

Sep 3, 2018, 12:11 AM

100% pulse as a rival fan on this site?...that’s pretty hard to pull off. Congrats. I pull for you guys against the rest of the SEC...especially against your permanent cross division rivals.

Sep 3, 2018, 12:21 AM [ in reply to Re: Anyone nervous about A&M ]

Jimbo is a discipline guy... say what?

Jimbo's an autocratic curmudgeon but I would not call him a discipline guy.

nope

Sep 3, 2018, 12:00 AM

Next qwession

Sep 3, 2018, 12:07 AM

100,000 fans cheering against us while we’re playing a quality team...I know we’re favored, but I’m nervous

Sep 3, 2018, 12:24 AM

If you’re not nervous in a hostile environment against a quality opponent..... , coming out flat earns an L.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 3, 2018, 12:31 AM

And it’s gonna be hot, we’ll learn about depth & conditioning.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 35
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic