Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Feaster is a blessing
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 44
| visibility 1

Feaster is a blessing

Sep 27, 2019, 12:57 PM

I didn't consider it when he made his poor choice, but the fact that he did choose scar is blessing to all Clemson fans.

First of all, it guarantees that Clemson is mentioned during every coot game in which he gets a carry. This has been the case so far and I expect he will continue to be dubbed as "Clemson transfer Tavien Feaster". This has to kill the coots.

Second, he is struggling. I'm not sure what he would have done if he stayed at Clemson for this season, but the fact that everybody talks about how successful he was at Clemson and now can't seem to get going for the coots will only help prevent future recruits from making similar mistakes.

I do not wish poorly on him as a person, but when these two things keep happening week after week, it gets more and more enjoyable to witness.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He will end up a man without a country.

Sep 27, 2019, 1:02 PM

Benedict Arnold thought he was going to be crowned a hero when he returned to England but was instead shunned by the people of that country. He lived in realtive unheralded obscurity the rest of his life.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Re: He will end up a man without a country.

Sep 27, 2019, 1:35 PM

Some historians argue that had Cornwallis and other listened to him more, things would have ended differently.

I wonder if the same is true if Muschamp tried to make Feaster his workhorse.

Either way, you are right and the decision was horrible. I said the same the moment he transferred.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 27, 2019, 8:57 PM

Yep he pretty much burned his bridge to Clemson by doing this......when the two national championships teams he was on have their future appearances at the Clemson games he will not be welcomed back by the fans in the stands.....I can guarantee that......if he transferred to anybody else but the coots that would not be the case......he might have graduated and played football for Clemson but will always be remembered by Clemson fans as not one of us......but just a plain coot.....Go Tigers!!!!!

Sep 27, 2019, 9:06 PM

Yup. Kelly will be understood mostly. Feaster won't be. Bad choice. I feel a bit sorry for him. He should not ever come back to Death Valley. I hope to not ever hear him booed.

Sep 27, 2019, 4:04 PM [ in reply to He will end up a man without a country. ]

With some fans probably, but he probably made lifetime friends with all of the players, especially the ones in his film room

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Sep 27, 2019, 5:05 PM [ in reply to He will end up a man without a country. ]

Yeah, the problem with being a traitor is that nobody trusts you.

Fancy that.

'But i mean it this time!'

Technically all the patriots were traitors already.

Sep 27, 2019, 8:25 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great players make others around them play to a higher

Sep 27, 2019, 1:09 PM

level, they don't assimilate to a substandard culture.

Leaving was one thing. 'He earned it, he graduated, whatever'. I get it. But the decision to land where he did was about as poorly thought out, ill-advised, or both, that it could've possible been. He'd have been better off at App St or someplace similar where he would be the featured RB and that isn't coached by a moron.

Re: Great players make others around them play to a higher

Sep 27, 2019, 1:16 PM

I think he may have done that for his Mom and other relatives. Where ever the fault lies, they made a very poor decision that will only affect him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 27, 2019, 1:22 PM

Whatever the reason, I am convinced that he made an emotional decision and not a logical one.

You will never convince me...

Sep 27, 2019, 1:31 PM

that his decision was not based, at least in part, on some level of animosity.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: You will never convince me...

Sep 27, 2019, 3:11 PM

I tend to think the same.

Re: You will never convince me...

Sep 27, 2019, 4:34 PM

Same here .... his explanation would have immediately eliminated the coots.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 27, 2019, 1:36 PM [ in reply to Great players make others around them play to a higher ]

Wow, I’m amazed at the level of disgruntlement toward Feaster. Many here seem to take it very personally.

Seems to me he just made the best decision for himself, given his outlook behind Etienne. On the other hand, my link to Clemson is because I have two sons there. I’m not an alumni so I guess I see it through a different lens. Passions run deep here!

I also consider it a good thing, because Dixon gets more playing time. I love that kid!

Acquire some reading comprehension. It isn't that he left.

Sep 27, 2019, 1:40 PM

People understand that. It's where he decided to go that has people scratching their heads, and rightfully so. And Dixon was going to play a bunch Feaster or no Feaster.

No need to take that snarky shot. Be better my friend.***

Sep 27, 2019, 3:36 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Sep 27, 2019, 2:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Great players make others around them play to a higher ]

I'm not sure where you were directing your response, but I haven't seen anyone here lately who is disgruntled with Feaster.

The opposite is true lately in that Clemson fans seem much more indifferent on his decision with some bordering on feeling sorry for him.

My original statements were in reference to the humor I find in knowing the coot fans have to hear about Feaster every game, while also coming to the realization that even with the exact same talent that we have on the field, they can't create the same product.

I don't think anyone can reasonably argue based on any of his statements made during the transfer process that Feaster made a good decision. He is getting less carries per game, getting less production, still playing 2nd fiddle, and is losing games in the process.

I understand why he left and have little issue with his choice, but he did not make the best decision for himself. Clemson may not have been his best option, but at this point most would say scar was worse.

Sep 27, 2019, 2:49 PM [ in reply to Re: Great players make others around them play to a higher ]

Why?please tell me why you and some others make it out like people are mad at Feaster just for leaving. No one is mad at him just for leaving. I can’t speak for everyone but I’m also not mad at KB for leaving or hunter Johnson. I’ve been pulling for those guys hard. But feaster made a poor decision to not only play for our arch rival but also play for a bad team that can’t help out his future. Myself and most others will not under any circumstances pull for a gamecock player. Period!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feaster was an over rated running back out of high school

Sep 27, 2019, 4:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Great players make others around them play to a higher ]

He’s one of the biggest 5 star busts we have ever recruited

A 5 star that’s having trouble getting his draft stock up should tell you everything you need to know

Sep 27, 2019, 4:44 PM [ in reply to Re: Great players make others around them play to a higher ]

Most fans seem to think Feaster was closer to third string by the end of spring ball.

Personally, and i have no evidence other than my own eyes and Dabo's words, i think Tavien was getting mixed signals from the coaching staff, and i think it frustrated him; i think his position coach (Elliott) was coaching him in a certain direction (having patience and letting his blocks develop), but Dabo was looking for the explosion through the hole.
So he learned to do all of the little things that make you a total RB, and both coaches approve of, but never learned how to make them both happy at the same time.

In the modern game if football, a truly great RB has to take multiple fluid situations and adjust his game accordingly. Some never get the chance.

Sep 27, 2019, 6:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Great players make others around them play to a higher ]

Dont think anyone is mad about moving on to another opportunity. Just I feel and only speaking for me that he could have done the same thing anywhere in the country, like 300 other places. So I hope he has a great career in anything he does, just feels like burning bridges. In business school they so dont do it.

Re: Feaster is a blessing

Sep 27, 2019, 1:27 PM

One difference between coot fans and Tiger fans is we tend to support our team even in defeat. They literally get angry and hate on their players and coaches when they lose. There's a lot of hate going on in cootlumbia right now.

Sep 27, 2019, 1:52 PM

Safe to say you've never been on Tigernet during a game (I never have either tbh, but I've gone back and read some gametime threads). We can be up 2-3 touchdowns and people are still hating on the playcalling/coaches/players and anything else they can possibly come up with.

It's amazing to me how awesome we have it right now, and yet so many people would rather try to find the little things to complain about than sit back and enjoy it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 27, 2019, 4:42 PM

I agree. You can argue that maybe South Carolina has more bad apples than we do, but it's silly to pretend we don't have some of those bad apples as well. I saw quite a few posts on this site during the Syracuse game demanding for Lawrence to be benched for at least a short while due to his struggles. The guy has never lost a game as a starter, led us to a NC win, and all it takes for some to want him benched is to throw 5 interceptions in 3 games even though we won each of those easily.

Didn't Boyd's home get vandalized or something following a loss during his time here?

Sep 27, 2019, 5:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Feaster is a blessing ]

If true, this is a recent development born out of success.

I was browsing in a Hibbett's in Greenville during the late 90's when Clemson/SoCar had maybe 7 wins between them. At the time i just wanted to save $, so when i saw that all the SoCar merchandise was marked down like 60%, i got a nice polo (when you're on vacation and no one knows you, garnet goes well with khaki, and this was when my daughter was in med school there), and a "painting shirt" for $20. I'd rather have had Clemson gear, but in spite of an awful season, the store had several racks of Tiger gear with no discounts. The guy said, word for word, "Clemson fans won't touch the Tiger merchandise during a bad year, no matter what the price is. At least SoCar fans will buy their gear cheap and save it for next year."

So this mythical 'support' we have for our team sometimes manifests itself in inconsistent ways.

Sep 27, 2019, 1:30 PM

I think Feaster is realizing the importance of having a championship offensive line to run behind.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 27, 2019, 3:25 PM

TBill, you are exactly right,! I think Feaster thought his YPC was because of his talent and not giving enough credit to his supporting cast. I made the comment that he would probably be better off to sit out rest of the season because at this rate he isn't getting asked to the combine anyway. If he sat out, he could get 100% healthy in case he isn't, and start working out so that he could blow out Pro Day. That will be his only chance to get drafted and I'm sure Dabo would be fine with Feaster to partake at Clemson's Pro Day as I would expect many more scouts at Clemson's vs Coots Pro Day! That would be my suggestion at this point.

Gets Lyn-J more carries to prepare for next year.***

Sep 27, 2019, 1:35 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Gets Lyn-J more carries to prepare for next year.***

Sep 27, 2019, 1:39 PM

You got that right. Love how hard that kid runs!

Yes...and the other guys get more reps...

Sep 27, 2019, 3:56 PM

I wish Feaster well individually.
The reps that the two freshmen are getting will serve us well, and of course LJD gets more run this way.
At this point, Feaster probably has regrets, but there’s plenty of football left in front of him....

Sep 27, 2019, 1:55 PM

I can't help but think back to the start of last season when he came in out of shape and a bit overweight. He was then demoted to 3rd string and I remember a couple of interviews with Tony E and he said Feaster has to work his way back up. I imagine that was the start of his departure and that winning a 2nd Natty sealed it for him.

He is a kid, he made his decision and I truly hope he can make it to the next level.

Feaster has a NC ring and a degree

Sep 27, 2019, 2:06 PM

From clemson..

How many on tnet have the same ?

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Feaster has a NC ring and a degree

Sep 27, 2019, 2:31 PM

Feaster accomplished a lot individually and as part of a team while at Clemson.

Fortunately and unfortunately for him, people typically have the strongest memories of what they did last.

While he will fondly look back on his final season as a Tiger, I'm not sure that he will be able to fondly look back on his final season in college.

That is a shame for him because by all accounts he does things the right way as a player and person. Most would think at this point he is second guessing his decision. That's a hard thing to deal with for a major decision.

My original post was geared more toward the humor of knowing their fans keep having to hear about Clemson, and also to the idea that his choice may steer others away from the idea that more playing time or a new situation is the best situation to get into.

Maybe you're correct.. ..maybe he regrets it.

Sep 27, 2019, 3:28 PM

He may also be having the time of his life at scar.

Who knows.

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Feaster has a NC ring and a degree

Sep 28, 2019, 8:31 AM [ in reply to Re: Feaster has a NC ring and a degree ]

Can you go through the transfer portal twice, like Groundhog Day?

I stopped reading at "this has been the case so far"

Sep 27, 2019, 2:54 PM

I haven't watched a single down of S Car football this season.

Re: I stopped reading at "this has been the case so far"

Sep 27, 2019, 3:27 PM

I had to watch a replay of Hellsinki's lateral and pick 6 plays. They were classics.

I have found, over the years, I am a happier person if I

Sep 27, 2019, 5:06 PM [ in reply to I stopped reading at "this has been the case so far" ]

don't watch them either.

Are you a psychiatrist?

Sep 27, 2019, 2:57 PM

You sound like a psychiatrist, @TigersO ! ;) Well thought out points you've made!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 27, 2019, 3:55 PM

Thanks OP for this post. I think a lot of TIGER fans feel the same way and see how it impacts UofSuc in a negative way. Plenty of us feel sorry for TF for making such a bad decision, but like you stated, it seems to have helped CLEMSON in several ways. Life is good.

Sep 27, 2019, 4:16 PM

Lyn-J Dixon > Tavien Feaster

Sep 27, 2019, 8:43 PM

Rico Dowdle > Tavien Feaster. And it’s really not even close. This says it all.

I don't think Feaster thinks he is the 2nd best RB

Sep 27, 2019, 8:52 PM

playing for SCAR. And that has to be killing him. He is not getting many touches, and is not showing much pass catching skill. Thus, his reasons for transferring have FAILED.

I knew it was a bad decision at the time. A man without a country is right. He will no longer be welcomed by Clemson nation. If he had stayed at Clemson, he would have had a chance to prove himself. If good enough for the NFL, the combines would be his proving ground.

Re: I don't think Feaster thinks he is the 2nd best RB

Sep 27, 2019, 9:37 PM

I think I figured out what happened, I found Tavien Feaster's career counselor

Replies: 44
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic