Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Did y’ll get the heartwarming article about John
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 2,966

Did y’ll get the heartwarming article about John

Jan 5, 2020, 9:23 PM

Simpson? I think it was on si. Very nice for sure.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Class of ‘71. Went through “rat season” and glad I did.

Re: Did y’ll get the heartwarming article about John

Jan 5, 2020, 9:24 PM

It was stunning.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This One???

Jan 5, 2020, 9:51 PM

https://www.si.com/college/2019/12/27/john-simpson-clemson-man-of-the-house

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This One???

Jan 5, 2020, 9:52 PM

Yes thanks for sharing to the community.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Class of ‘71. Went through “rat season” and glad I did.

Jan 5, 2020, 10:12 PM [ in reply to This One??? ]

What a great young man!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 6, 2020, 12:09 AM [ in reply to This One??? ]

Thanks Skeeta for sharing, I always love hearing about these kids that had to struggle through adversity by no fault of their own, but by the faults of some of the adults in their life, and they make it with the odds dead against them and in spite of all that was there to crush their young lives before they ever had a chance. I hope and wish John the best life possible for the rest of his life bc he has had more than his share of struggles during his part of life that could have very easily went in the wrong direction. And I pray that he has picked up enough life skills to know when someone is kissing up only to get their hands into what he has earned from his hard work and staying far away from the trouble that could have ruined his young life. Good luck to you Big John Simpson, you Big O Clemson University Graduate!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank Ithom022 . . .

Jan 6, 2020, 12:15 AM

He's the one that brought it up . . . I just found it . . . Liked it . . . and passed it on

But I would have never seen it without the lead!!!!!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fantastic article

Jan 6, 2020, 11:33 AM [ in reply to This One??? ]

Big thumbs up to John Simpson Senior (John's grand dad) - way to make a difference in a lot of lives!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sports Radio in Charlotte were complaining that Simpson was our representative for

Jan 5, 2020, 10:17 PM

ACC Media Day instead of TL.

Maybe if they did a little bit of research they would realize that a senior OLineman might have some interesting things to say.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Sports Radio in Charlotte were complaining that Simpson was our representative for

Jan 5, 2020, 10:29 PM

Nobody else gets it . Only Dabo and Clemson. We get it. That is why we got it.

Helps Me Appreciate Even More

Jan 5, 2020, 10:56 PM

Why his tears flowed like a river after beating Ohio State. He let loose. It was so touching.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Did y’ll get the heartwarming article about John

Jan 6, 2020, 9:46 AM

Great read, and I love those success stories where kids make it through some of the toughest unsolicited conditions/obstacles of what could have easily ruined their life bc of it.

Reading that article on John Simpson made my heart feel good just knowing that John Simpson had his life changed for the better, and I do believe that it is bc of how Dabo runs his program with real feelings of love for the young men in his care along with all of his assistant coaches...

The guys that won't have an NFL career after they leave Clemson but, they will have a Clemson degree that will give them a better head start on building a successful future that will allow them to have a much much better life than almost all coming from those tough backgrounds bc, Dabo and his coaches teach a lot more than FB that helps those young men to be successful after Clemson FB even without an NFL contract. And when I personally read stories like the John Simpson story, and there are many many more stories just like the John Simpson story that Dabo and Clemson FB has changed those stories for the better, and it helps people see and learn that it isn't all about FB with Dabo and his staff, it's mostly about growing the best young men that is possible with Dabo at Clemson University!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Reading that made my day

Jan 6, 2020, 10:48 AM

Thanks for sharing

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Replies: 12
| visibility 2,966
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic