Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Deshaun Watson: It's not about me vs Lamar Jackson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

FB Update: Deshaun Watson: It's not about me vs Lamar Jackson

Sep 26, 2016, 12:19 PM

Deshaun Watson: It's not about me vs Lamar Jackson

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

well i can assure you thats how LJackson is approaching it***

Sep 26, 2016, 12:29 PM

Re: well i can assure you thats how LJackson is approaching it***

Sep 26, 2016, 11:47 PM

He's been on the big stage before. Watson seemed confident in his interview.

No - its about losing your apathy and running the d*** ball!

Sep 26, 2016, 1:18 PM

Say what you will Clemson fans (I'm one of you) but we've looked sluggish for one reason: DW4 has been playing apathetically......so has Gallman for that matter.

We beat GaTech? Awesome! We beat them in the first half.....and then we did nothing the second....we literally took a knee in the fourth instead of scoring on the last drive.

Watson took this team to the natty on the backs of witnessing what he (watson) was willing to put into the season. There was no such thing as a broken play to that guy - now it seems that he's avoiding an injury more than avoiding a loss - his attitude seems to spread among the offense and whatever "funk" they're in shows almost no sign of improving. They've won all 4 games, yes - but we don't look like we're championship caliber. At this point - I won't be surprised if we lose to Louisville.

Because they're (Louisville) better? No. It's because their team has what Clemson had last year: A chip on their shoulder and a desire to be somebody.

We look more like the team that's still licking their wounds from Arizona.

Re: No - its about losing your apathy and running the d*** ball!

Sep 26, 2016, 1:22 PM

The one reason is Deshaun? How bout all those dropped balls? How bout the inability to block on the offensive line. He's the least of my concerns. Last year passes weren't dropped and the line was nasty.

But yet Clemson is 4-0. And everybody is griping. We may very well get beat this weekend, and Louisville has one heck of a team.

Glad you told us you are one of us

Sep 26, 2016, 1:32 PM [ in reply to No - its about losing your apathy and running the d*** ball! ]

Coot!

Re: Glad you told us you are one of us

Sep 26, 2016, 10:53 PM

Agree, smell feathers, DW4 is not the problem, The problem is Jackson and UL is coming into our House and our Tiger's will Show up and Show out, Go Tiger's!

Disagree.

Sep 26, 2016, 2:34 PM [ in reply to No - its about losing your apathy and running the d*** ball! ]

DW4 needs to do a better job of hitting some deep balls. He's missed too many

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Sep 26, 2016, 3:17 PM [ in reply to No - its about losing your apathy and running the d*** ball! ]

agree. as i said after game 2, kyle parker all over again.....different circumstances but same result, Watson has a pro career waiting and he has nothing to prove to the pros relative to ability to run....all the NFL wants is a mobile QB and they already know he's that. his motivation is to improve his stock as a passer (which by the way i would say he is NOT doing so far)......yes, some dropped balls but no more than passes off the mark so i hope dabo doesnt come up with any more of those "he cant throw it and catch it" quotes. have seen far fewer designed qb runs and the other teams know this, making gallman less affective and tougher to get folks open

Sep 26, 2016, 6:39 PM [ in reply to No - its about losing your apathy and running the d*** ball! ]

Your right.

Sep 26, 2016, 11:06 PM [ in reply to No - its about losing your apathy and running the d*** ball! ]

Unfortunately I think that may have some merit. But would add I think a challenge like Louisville stir them up. Louisville is now favored. The betting public is doubting Clemson. Again.

thia interview

Sep 26, 2016, 1:28 PM

DW has some
Class. that was a tough interview. He took some
Tough criticism. Don't like the way the media approached it. But hey, you got have tough skin to handle the pressure . I couldn't do it. Props to DW

Saturday night is the crux of this season...

Sep 26, 2016, 1:34 PM

...and one way or another, we'll get answers. If this game doesn't awaken this team, if it fails to light a flame under DW and the entire offense...it will be a long night. I have a feeling we'll see the fire of 2015 burning in the Tigers Saturday night...and they'll need it burning HOT to turn back the Cards.

Go Tigers

Re: Saturday night is the crux of this season...

Sep 26, 2016, 1:47 PM

Every game will be the crux of the season, if our goal of returning to the national championship is to be achieved. I for one have confidence in our team and our fans not to be scared of this louisville team. We have won big games before. If we keep our identity and keep it classy we can win!
Go Tigers!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fan talk has been our D vs their O

Sep 26, 2016, 2:00 PM

I would say one of the sub stories is DW vs Jackson or this game is for the ACC title and playofc birth.

Watson is a true class act...calm cool and collected

Sep 26, 2016, 2:29 PM

He has the confidence, demeanor and voice inflection of MJ. (Reminds me a lot of Michael actually) He thinks out his answers and doesn't put his foot in his mouth. I can't wait till Saturday!
We got this...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ice water in his veins

Sep 26, 2016, 2:32 PM

I can't wait for Dabo's quotes after this big win. I have lawyer ready to copyright and godaddy domain everything he says.

Thank you, SIR!***

Sep 26, 2016, 3:19 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This reminds me of.......

Sep 26, 2016, 6:46 PM

2013 when Jameis "crablegs" Winston came out of nowhere just lighting up scoreboards. I kinda felt like he was in for a rude awakening in the valley. I left that one early and sick.

No, it doesn't, at all

Sep 26, 2016, 7:18 PM

Because FSU had a future NFL star QB on their team. I'm not trying to belittle what Jackson has done to date but...he isnt going to be that.

Also, I love the guy, but DW4 is no Tajh Boyd. In fact, the more I think about it, UL is more similar to that 2013 Clemson squad and we are more similar to the FSU Squad.

Just need to execute for four quarters. The plays are there.

After reading this thread I have reached the following conclusion:

Sep 26, 2016, 7:15 PM

Alot of our "fans" are giant pu$$ie$.

Are we seriously trying to compare UL to 2013 FSU? Seriously? Lamar is a good college QB but the rest of the team is nowhere close to the level of talent FSU had that year.

It's like we have completely forgotten last season and the previous 5 season, for the matter. Sit back and enjoy the best QB in the nation Saturday. He will be wearing #4.

How about this? GO TIGERS! WHIP THE BIRDS!

Sep 26, 2016, 8:18 PM

Come on, Tiger fans... get behind them. Saturday night is the first game of the season!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Deshaun Watson: It's not about me vs Lamar Jackson

Sep 26, 2016, 9:04 PM

NICE!

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic