Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Family member at CU
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1,270

Family member at CU

Jan 4, 2016, 8:32 PM

I know that this is off topic, but I hope that all of you can share in our excitement. My nephew has just become a Clemson student this week. He finished school a year and a half early by skipping a grade in elementary school and finishing high school early. My sister dropped him off this weekend and he will study Mechanical Engineering. The real topper is that they live in Ga and he had a full ride to GT due to his grades and test scores but turned it down to come to CU. Go Tigers!

Back on topic, I'm old enough to remember watching the 1981 Championship game on a tube TV that was one of those big floor consoles. Yes, it was in color. I also remember no one thinking that a little school from the backwoods of SC could beat a powerhouse like Nebraska. They were wrong then, they were wrong last week and they will be wrong again next week. Alabama started their recent run by beating us in the preseason game in Atlanta in 2008 and we are fixin' to end their run to return the favor.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Family member at CU

Jan 4, 2016, 9:11 PM

Congratulations for your nephew, he couldn't have picked a better place.
I was in Miami for the Championship. I blew my next semester tuition partying that week. Nobody gave us chance just like next week, but that team in 81 and this team are not really concerned with what others believe. One influence that Swinney imparts to this program is making your vision a reality, and has changed the culture how our young accept the challenge to greatness. Go Tigers

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Family member at CU

Jan 5, 2016, 5:50 AM

Congrats to your nephew. He has chosen wisely. You did too, and you have spoken wisely here. I do believe we will beat Alabama. I don't believe they have played any tougher schedule than we have, and we have done whatever it took to win all our games. I don't see that changing. Dabo has them focused, and the disrespect we are getting is great motivaion. I believe that we will win!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 1,270
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic