»
Topic: False Hopes For Ville
Replies: 9   Last Post: Oct 4, 2016 9:11 AM by: josephg®
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 9  

False Hopes For Ville

[1]
Posted: Oct 4, 2016 7:02 AM

All this Ville to the playoffs talk. This will not happen unless there is major carnage. They may be in the top 4 in every CFP Poll released until....the last one. Conference Champs will leap. A 2 loss or less SEC Champ trumps them. The BIG Champ is in. Looks like Washington will be undefeated or one loss at most. They're in. We are in if we win. The Ville will be lulled in by the hype until that last poll. Not happening for them. Too bad. I don't think we turn it over 5 times again, so the D will not be forced to play 99 plays. Wouldn't mind playing them again at all.

Re: False Hopes For Ville

Posted: Oct 4, 2016 7:09 AM

There is no way that the Big 10 and SEC are not represented. ACC will be there too, but I wouldn't pencil Clemson in just yet. UNC, Miami, VT are all tough outs. I can see PAC 12 closed out if we get a 2 loss champion. Big 12 is staying home. So UL needs to root for Washington to lose. Odds less than 10% IMHO.

2019 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

Posted: Oct 4, 2016 7:12 AM

Agree, but I think Huskies would have to lose 2 games at least for Ville to have a chance. That's assuming the beat Houston on the road too.

Posted: Oct 4, 2016 7:19 AM

I see your point, but I think Washington would have to lose twice. ????

Posted: Oct 4, 2016 7:33 AM

Louisville in my opinion is a top 2 to 3 team from what I have watched this year. They will be the toughest team we play until the Playoff by far

Posted: Oct 4, 2016 7:36 AM

They are good, but takeaway 2 turnovers to even them out and we win easily.

Posted: Oct 4, 2016 7:52 AM

Honestly I think Alabama is #1 (until someone beats them), we are #2 and Louisville is #3. Louisville won't make the playoffs though.

[1]
Posted: Oct 4, 2016 8:24 AM

Agreed because the committee adds value for Conference Championship game winner and a two loss champion wins out & is in!

False Hopes For Ville--Think 8 Teams IN!

Posted: Oct 4, 2016 9:04 AM

The only way for this playoff system to work is to include EIGHT teams or more and then no "deserving" team gets left out. Why are the people in charge so dense? It reminds me of the government that we have in Washington, DC--things are as plain as the nose on our face and they still refuse to see it and do what is best!!!

4 is perfect and it makes the regular season more

Posted: Oct 4, 2016 9:11 AM

important than 8 would. If 8, several conferences would get 2 teams in.

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

Replies: 9  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Charlotte
FOR SALE: 2 lower half South tickets. Looking for $90 total

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
1332 people have read this post