Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dex, Galloway, and Giella
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

Dex, Galloway, and Giella

Jan 30, 2019, 4:57 PM

Since the season is officially over, I am curious about the suspension of these three guys. This may have already been brought up, though. If anyone recalls, all three of these guys had the same surgery within the past year. I believe it was the ankle/foot area. However, with that being said, could this potentially be why the banned drugs were in the system? I realize the time of surgeries were months apart, but has to be some sort of connection. Just could potentially impact us in a big way with a lot of TE's leaving and Galloway really being one of the only TE's on the roster with any experience. Obviously a guy like Jaelyn Lay could help a lot.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dex, Galloway, and Giella

Jan 30, 2019, 5:29 PM

I really don't know, but think that we have a really good group coming back. I think a lot will depend on what we have on both sides of the LOS. I don't know about that. We seem to have the skill players, and from what I can tell pretty much everyone returning on the OL. But the big question will be on the D. I have great faith in Brent Venables, but I just don't what he has coming back. Any insight will be greatly appreciated. I'll guarantee you that Alabama will be back with a fury.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 30, 2019, 5:36 PM

We are returning everyone on our OL except for Mitch Hyatt. Jackson Carmen, former #1 OT will step in to that role at LT. Defensively, I believe Xavier Thomas will obviously start at DE, and I truly believe KJ Henry will be the guy opposite of him (#3 DE from 2018 class). We may struggle up the middle but expect to see Nyles Pinckney starting and I believe Darnell Jeffries and incoming freshman, Tyler Davis, will fight for the other spot up front. We have some guys that are elite at LB, but just haven't heard about them quite yet. I'm sure we will see Alabama again in CFP and will be a hard fought ball game for sure!

Falcinelli (C) is also gone... Should be Cervenka's spot.***

Jan 30, 2019, 6:24 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Falcinelli (C) is also gone... Should be Cervenka's spot.***

Jan 30, 2019, 6:29 PM

Yes, forgot to mention Falcinelli. Cervenka played really well this past year!

Pickney was a beast against Bama***

Jan 30, 2019, 7:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Dex, Galloway, and Giella ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 30, 2019, 7:07 PM

We did NOT rotate our OL in the Chip until the 4th quarter. The results were awesome, but I think it shows that Dabo believes his commitment to building depth costs us a little bit in unit cohesion.

So in spite of having 7 or 8 returning starters on offense, we should not expect to automatically put 40 on the board regardless of the opponent. This offense will need to mesh all over again, just like last year's team.

The good thing though is that if you really need points, Trevor can just say, "Everybody go long!" Then everybody goes deep, and Amari comes across underneath and takes a short pass 40 yards. Or he hears the ball whistling overhead to one of our outside guys racing down the sideline with one hand free.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic