Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Facebook bans Alex Jones, InfoWars, Farrakhan, Milo idiot
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 70
| visibility 1

Facebook bans Alex Jones, InfoWars, Farrakhan, Milo idiot

May 2, 2019, 3:10 PM

Thoughts?

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/05/02/facebook-bans-far-right-alex-jones-1299247

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Could care less because Facebook.***

May 2, 2019, 3:21 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

how much less?

May 2, 2019, 3:29 PM

a whole lot, or just a little?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mid to upper 20's. About 27 I'd say. ***

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Farrakhan seems like a token to make it not look one-sided***

May 2, 2019, 3:24 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Farrakhan seems like a token to make it not look one-sided***

May 2, 2019, 4:52 PM

Where does your racial animus come from? Black guy steal your girlfriend?

You repeatedly point out circumstances, not based on facts, where black people are characterized in a negative way.

Of course you're a Trump supporter, did you march in Charlottesville?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's kinda familiar our return to crying racist after...

May 2, 2019, 8:02 PM

hunting witches for two years.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I merely point out the injustice extant in the systems run

May 3, 2019, 8:58 AM [ in reply to Re: Farrakhan seems like a token to make it not look one-sided*** ]

progressives like yourself

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 2, 2019, 4:54 PM [ in reply to Farrakhan seems like a token to make it not look one-sided*** ]

Because those nutcases are generally on the right.

Really not true***

May 2, 2019, 5:58 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Really not true***

May 2, 2019, 6:23 PM

Pretty much is completely true. We don't have the popular hate filled tv hosts and radio hosts the right does. It's a thing of the right. It's not popular on the left.

Good one Carl

May 2, 2019, 9:28 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good one Carl

May 2, 2019, 9:38 PM

Care to name the succesful fire breathing libs that rival the Alex Jones types? I can't even name one, let alone that rivals him.

May 2, 2019, 11:05 PM

Full disclosure- I don’t know who Alex Jones is. I had to google him. That said, libs and the ENTIRE MEDIA have been trying to run a 2 year smear campaign. The hate is strong on your side brother.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, but Trump deserves it even if it's a lie.

May 3, 2019, 8:24 AM

Somehow you think the truth matters. It doesn't. If you believe it it's not a lie. Rationalizing is real logic you just don't get because of your low IQ and inability to think straight because you're blindly following that orange monster, Trump.

Is this starting to clear the confusion? How about 'It's our truth?' I mean, if you redefine a word then you can use it however you want.

Pubs are piszing up a rope trying to reason this out.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yeah, but Trump deserves it even if it's a lie.

May 3, 2019, 9:08 AM

You post wasnt to me. Sorry.

Message was edited by: Carlsbad®

Yeah, I warned him to to try and make reason with you...

May 4, 2019, 7:35 AM

during this time of the month. I was fully aware that you'd read it and understand you were the subject of my deliberation to not try simple reasoning.

Re: Yeah, I warned him to to try and make reason with you...

May 4, 2019, 7:50 AM

I think you are getting senile. You don't even understand the obvious anymore. You're out there.

May 3, 2019, 9:07 AM [ in reply to Re: Good one Carl ]

She is a comedian with no radio shlw or tv show. So as of now you can't name one...not a single one. You have a bunch on your side. Also, if you had to Google Alex Jones, you shouldn't even posting on this at all. The President had interviews with him and he has been a huge national story. Long story short, you're literally clueless. I don't mean that in a bad way either. You're just not in tune.

Are you triggered? You seem triggered...

May 3, 2019, 3:23 PM

You are such a clueless moron. Milo and Louis don’t have radio shows or tv shows. I don’t mean to insult you, but dang if you’re this stupid you shouldn’t even have the right to reply to my genius responses.

Re: Are you triggered? You seem triggered...

May 3, 2019, 8:52 PM

What do they have to do with anything idiot? The hate filled people on your side. I like your emotion though. It shows how much you know I am right. You are entertaining though. God youre ignorant. You dont even know Alex Jones is. Dude...you should never comment on a political board again....hahaha...what an idiot. You are absolutely adorable.

Here, spit on my finger.***

May 4, 2019, 7:36 AM

Re: Here, spit on my finger.***

May 4, 2019, 7:52 AM

Did Dr.Nikola Tesla hijack your account? You're morphing into him.

May 4, 2019, 10:00 AM [ in reply to Re: Are you triggered? You seem triggered... ]

You are triggered dude. My response was sarcastic... Not that logic works, but Don’t you think it’s ironic how you go off the handle and start insulting and calling names WHILE TRYING TO ARGUE THAT THE LEFT DOESNT HAVE HATEFUL PEOPLE!!!

May 4, 2019, 10:18 AM

I am not one triggered dude. I thought you were serious so I thought you were an idiot. If that was sarcasm than I apologize. We have our people on the left, but we dont have the popular hate filled shows with the likes of Alex Jones etc. That popular hate filled daily stuff if a right wing thing. It sells more to the right. The audience eats it up.

May 3, 2019, 9:05 AM [ in reply to Re: Good one Carl ]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwsHAsuEt2M&feature=youtu.be

May 3, 2019, 9:30 AM

Is that a big radio show or popular show like Info Wars? Libs don't have those popular hate shows. Its a conservative thing.

You don't need em.

May 4, 2019, 7:41 AM

You got the entire MSM.

Yesterday one of the female host on MSNBC said to a dem rep, 'What are we going to do next?' That wasn't an oversight it was a slip of the truth.

lol, Unibomber was an Algore disciple; the guy who shot up

May 3, 2019, 8:59 AM [ in reply to Re: Really not true*** ]

the GOP baseball practice was a BernieBot...

The difference is your crazies are mainstream

May 3, 2019, 2:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Really not true*** ]

I agree that them being mainstream keeps them from being able to dabble as much in the conspiracy theories, although the mainstream right has held the crazies at arms length for a long time. Some of the lefties are actually tenured professors, celebrities, and powerful activists, though.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The difference is your crazies are mainstream

May 3, 2019, 8:48 PM

The main stream crazies are on the right. Youre people are more passionate. We have the normal people and a small group of extremists who make us look bad. You're loaded with extreme nutcases.

May 4, 2019, 7:45 AM [ in reply to Farrakhan seems like a token to make it not look one-sided*** ]

I expect some comment on your use of the denotation of the word 'Token,' when they apply the connotative meaning. It's a redefining of words again and again.

All for it.

May 2, 2019, 3:28 PM

The government can't censor them, but Facebook sure can. If the public doesn't like it, they can delete their Facebook accounts.

there you go, making people think on some stuff***

I keep mine for the groups. Church, neighborhood, scouts.

May 2, 2019, 3:32 PM [ in reply to All for it. ]

I've whittled down the list of friends to only those who post funny stuff. Nothing political.

So when you ya you’re all for it...is the “it” the censorship or is “it”

May 2, 2019, 3:35 PM [ in reply to All for it. ]

their right to censor? I think one can respect a private company’s right to run its business as they see fit but still question if it was a good idea.

I don’t know as I’m not familiar with any of the banned people’s FB activity...which illustrates the other approach...if people don’t like it they can block them.

null

When you have billions of users, you might as well toss

May 2, 2019, 3:53 PM

censorship out the window and concentrate on illegal stuff. Because for every personality you ban for some kind of conduct, there will be 20,000 other users with worse conduct still posting because they're less famous. It's just a losing cause to try and police your own website like that.

All for it, the censorship, as a customer of Facebook...

May 2, 2019, 4:23 PM [ in reply to So when you ya you’re all for it...is the “it” the censorship or is “it” ]

Just like I'd be all for the removal of pickles from CFA sandwiches.

Prod: “Alex Jones is the pickle in my Chick-Fil-A sandwich.”***

May 2, 2019, 6:29 PM

null

FB is publicly held. Not a private company.***

May 2, 2019, 8:15 PM [ in reply to So when you ya you’re all for it...is the “it” the censorship or is “it” ]

In this context “Private” differentiates from a government

May 2, 2019, 8:26 PM

entity. It does not refer to its ownership structure beyond that.

null

Even still...

May 2, 2019, 8:54 PM [ in reply to FB is publicly held. Not a private company.*** ]

They are not subject to First Amendment limitations regarding content.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

I've got no problem with it...they're a private company...

May 2, 2019, 3:48 PM

plus anyone using FB to get their news has got bigger issues.

Now...I think it's a stupid move business-wise. All they are doing is rattling up the idiots that subscribe to these arseclowns and FB will end up being the target of their idiocy now.

I don't think most of those people have many followers

May 2, 2019, 6:00 PM

The only one who was ever close to mainstream was Yiannopolous, and his political comedy schtick was probably too vulgar for him to really be mainstream. The only thing I'll say is that I don't really think Yiannopolous should be lumped in with that crowd.

Re: I don't think most of those people have many followers

May 2, 2019, 7:08 PM

Sorry. I think he should be (not necessarily to be banned, but he's just as hate-filled and absurd... He's of the same character). Alex Jones, I would wager, has the biggest following of them all.

How big do you think Alex Jones’ following is?

May 2, 2019, 7:29 PM

A million? 10 million? I truly have no idea. I have never once seen a show or listened to a radio program he is on. I think I saw a 30 second clip of him freaking out once, supplies of course by a liberal friend. I’m pretty conservative and I know a lot of conservative people and never once has anyone mentioned him, quoted him, insinuated that they watch him or the I should. The only time I ever hear his name is from left-leaning people he has upset or scared.

But I’m certainly not plugged into any movements, so he might be wildly popular and I just don’t see it.

null

Re: How big do you think Alex Jones’ following is?

May 2, 2019, 8:59 PM

Ten million a month. They make millions in advertising and sales of dietary supplements, which shows how naive and gullible his audience is like Trump's base.

Re: Facebook bans Alex Jones, InfoWars, Farrakhan, Milo idiot

May 2, 2019, 4:53 PM

Good

May 2, 2019, 4:53 PM

Facebook is a private corporation. Use of it's platform is voluntary and free. They can kick off whomever they want.

Alex Jones is a dangerous man. He is followed by dangerous people.

May 2, 2019, 4:56 PM

All true.

Seems like they're going a little too far

May 2, 2019, 5:57 PM

Especially with Yiannopolous, who isn't all that comparable to most of those guys. Yiannopolous isn't even far right, but he's definitely a provocateur. He also doesn't promote wild conspiracy theories.

Message was edited by: camcgee®

Re: Seems like they're going a little too far

May 2, 2019, 7:09 PM

He's still a POS and part of the neo-fascist Trump movement.

That's a silly opinion***

May 3, 2019, 2:05 PM

Re: That's a silly opinion***

May 3, 2019, 2:12 PM

Well, then refute it.

Was he pro-Trump? Yes. Was he "alt right"? Yes. Has he treated people like garbage and earned his POS status? Yes.

I think he's a libertarian.

May 2, 2019, 8:04 PM [ in reply to Seems like they're going a little too far ]

I've only heard him speak once but that would be my guess. I know he's not conservative and the way he infuriates the dems I'm sure he's not liberal. That kinda narrows it down.

I actually think he is pretty conservative

May 3, 2019, 2:06 PM

Even in the traditional sense, although he doesn't act like it. I can't remember, but I think he opposed gay marriage and is pro-life.

So conspiracy theories should be banned?***

May 2, 2019, 8:37 PM [ in reply to Seems like they're going a little too far ]

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So conspiracy theories should be banned?***

May 3, 2019, 9:15 AM

I would be all for that.

Always weird to see someone admitting to being Orwellian.***

May 3, 2019, 6:46 PM

Re: Always weird to see someone admitting to being Orwellian.***

May 3, 2019, 8:55 PM

Idiots like yourself would go away. That would be cool. Total retards would be out of rational thought for us rational adults.

No, probably not

May 3, 2019, 2:08 PM [ in reply to So conspiracy theories should be banned?*** ]

Unless you can show they're deliberately misleading people. As I said, they're going too far with this by once against focusing on right-wingers (minus Farrakhan), including a guy like Yiannopolous who isn't even all that extreme or interested in peddling untruths.

The government deliberately misleads people often.

May 3, 2019, 6:47 PM

So... should that be illegal?

Iran-Contra, Tonkin Gulf, Venezuela, Iraq, Syria...

So should it only be illegal when independent media do it? Also, who should decide on the veracity? The federal government?

He's a still a POS

May 2, 2019, 8:56 PM [ in reply to Seems like they're going a little too far ]

And a member of the neo-fascist Trump advocacy pre-election.

Apologies for the double post.

May 2, 2019, 8:59 PM

Thought my phone post didn't register and also a few Jack and Cokes in.

bruh, let's talk.

May 2, 2019, 9:19 PM

You're a grown man, gainfully employed, and closer to AARP joining age than Clemson graduation age.

Put the jack and cokes down. Take the training wheels off. Get yourself a quality liquor and an adult mixer. We're not at $5 liquor pitcher night at Backstreets.

We are here for you. We won't let you fall. Trust us. Take the first step.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I must shamefully admit...

May 2, 2019, 11:19 PM

I haven't been to the liquor store lately and that's the best I had in the house on the whiskey/bourbon side (well, aside from some good #### I save for special occasions).

Do NOT talk sh*t about Backstreets liquor pitchers.

May 3, 2019, 6:48 PM [ in reply to bruh, let's talk. ]

Nor $2 Kentucky Gentleman at Overtime.

Depends on the question. I think it should be legal for a

May 2, 2019, 8:39 PM

private company to ban whatever they want, but I think that those companies are evil for doing so.

But, I defend their right to do evil ####. I banned Facebook a long time ago. Anyone still on that platform deserves to be abused by it.

May 2, 2019, 9:34 PM

Hypothetically, I might disagree with everything you say, but I’ll defend your right to say it. Because that’s how we roll in this country under our constitution. As for Google, Faceberg, Twitter, etc., they should all be regulated in accordance with the same rules that publishers obey.

May 3, 2019, 9:23 AM

Conservatives really need to move back over to Friendster for their news and social networking needs.

Why not?

May 3, 2019, 9:36 PM

You snowflake liberals are all about anything to support that Constitutional Amendment that Barry almost got passed for you...

The Right to not be offended.

-Doc Tesla

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Replies: 70
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic