Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FYI-Reserve rights to buy 2017 National Championship tickets
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

FYI-Reserve rights to buy 2017 National Championship tickets

Aug 10, 2017, 9:51 AM

https://cfp-rsvp.com/

Looks like this site has replaced Teamtix. Looks similar to it.

Personally, I used Teamtix the past two years to get lower deck tickets at face value and it worked great for me.

I'm not saying Clemson will make it back this year, but if they do tickets will be even tougher to get for Atlanta than Tampa.

Here are a few other links concerning the new site.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?id=131132440263733&story_fbid=1534347463275550

http://www.news9.com/story/36087925/college-football-playoff-enters-into-exclusive-agreement-with-optionit-to-become-official-cfp-rsvp-marketplace-provider

http://markets.businessinsider.com/news/stocks/College-Football-Playoff-Enters-Into-Exclusive-Agreement-With-OptionIt-to-Become-Official-CFP-RSVP-Marketplace-Provider-1002241205

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FYI-Reserve rights to buy 2017 National Championship tickets

Aug 10, 2017, 10:06 AM

Thanks for the info. How many tickets can you buy with your "reservation"?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 10, 2017, 10:12 AM

Looks like six at the moment. Not sure if you can buy more than that but if you wanted more you could probably use another email account. Teamtix always limited you to six.

I am sure alot of people also speculate and buy other team's rights in hopes of reselling them for big money. Bama is at $299 per right at the moment.

South Carolina is at $13 per right. LOL!

Aug 10, 2017, 10:52 AM

I've been wondering when teamtix opened. Do you know when? I used it last year and loved it. Ended up sitting in my Iptay tix, selling teamtix, and spent $0 years game day in Tampa.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 10, 2017, 4:41 PM

I think Teamtix is now out of business and this company/website replaced it.

I made some money selling some of my rights last year and the check came from a lawyer's office.

What a great deal***

Aug 10, 2017, 11:00 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"something in these hills..." -joe sherman

Hold on there

Aug 10, 2017, 4:58 PM

Thats $125 to reserve the OPTION to buy tickets.

Meaning if Clemson doesnt go, you are out $125.

If Clemson does go, you still have to pay $500+ for a ticket.

Re: Hold on there

Aug 10, 2017, 10:37 PM

Correct. How many people paid $1000-$2000 this past year to buy a ticket? A lot.

How many people didn't get a ticket in Tampa and had to watch the game from a parking lot or a bar? A lot

How many people bought fake tickets? A lot

i have done this two years in a row and got a lower deck seat for face value + $60 or $70. Maybe this isn't for everybody but it is for some people.

Aug 11, 2017, 12:16 AM

I don't think k you get the fact that you pay 125.00 per reservation whether Clemson makes it or not. If you reserve the right to buy 6 tickets it's going to cost you 750.00 now. If we do make it to the game you are then able to buy your 6 tickets at 575 each. However if Clemson doesn't make it you are still out 750.00. Not worth the gamble to me.

Aug 11, 2017, 7:04 AM

You obviously didn't go to Tampa and should the Tigers make it to Atlanta, it will be even worse

It's basically insurance against having to pay 1000+***

Aug 11, 2017, 7:51 AM [ in reply to Re: Hold on there ]

brb spending 750 to to buy tickets

Aug 11, 2017, 8:48 AM [ in reply to Re: Hold on there ]

brb clemson doesn't make it to the natty
brb buy tickets anyways and sell them for $1000 each to Bama fans
brb brb

Re: brb spending 750 to to buy tickets

Oct 1, 2017, 8:12 AM

> brb clemson doesn't make it to the natty
> brb buy tickets anyways and sell them for $1000 each
> to Bama fans
> brb brb

-you ONLY get the option to buy IF the team you pay the RSVP for makes it. So if you pay the RSVP for Clemson and they don't make it, you're out the $.

Aug 11, 2017, 8:03 AM [ in reply to Re: Hold on there ]

Few things at play here, these are to reserve a face value ticket. The $1000 tix last year were second hand sellers and also Raymond James was a very small venue 62,000ish and others teams were within driving distance. That's the reason for the shortage in tickets and soaring prices.

Most years it'll be in a larger stadium and usually at least one of the teams would have to travel by plane so it's usually easier to get tix for playoff games.

I went to Tampa with a $700 limit this past year

Aug 11, 2017, 12:26 AM [ in reply to Hold on there ]

that quickly rose to a $1500 when I saw prices rising. Thinking I was going to be able to find tickets under that I decided to wait until gameday in hopes of cheaper tickets. Next thing you know I'm on the phone with my credit card company trying to get a raise on my one day spending limit so that I can buy two $2,300 tickets after fees (to no avail). Needless to say I wish I paid the premium for the option to buy face value tickets. I don't even want to think about the type of prices for a Clemson-Bama game three in ATL, those would rival super bowl prices.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

I've done it 2 years in a row and it worked great....however

Aug 11, 2017, 8:19 AM

in 2015 in bought the RSVPs for $20 per ticket..........losing $40 (for 2 tix) was worth the risk especially considering we were a very good team for that price

in 2016 i bought them for $85 per ticket.....IMO worth the risk b/c of what we had returning on the team and heisman contending QB there was a good shot we'd at least be in the playoffs

however this year $125 per ticket and we have no proven QB......it is fairly steep and understand it may not be worth the risk........the hard truth is if you don't do it........a title game in ATL for clemson will be higher than it was in tampa.........and if we're somehow 5-0 after september that RSVP price will probably skyrocket.

Re: I've done it 2 years in a row and it worked great....however

Oct 1, 2017, 8:11 AM

Somehow we are there and the option is now $325 per ticket for an rsvp

Aug 11, 2017, 9:09 AM

I know I may be in the minority here, but it is stuff like this that is ruining college football. These ticket prices are beyond ridiculous for an amateur sport and are such that an average middle class family can't afford them. The idea that one would have to pay an "RSVP" fee for the chance to purchase a football game ticket at face value is nothing but CFP sponsored scalping - after all you are not really buying a ticket at face value are you. Nope, you are essentially paying a fee on a gamble that your team makes it to the championship game and that the overall price of your ticket (face value + RSVP fee) will be lower than the cost of a ticket through the ticket lottery or secondary market. In my mind this raises two questions:

1. Is there any group or individuals that are able to buy a ticket at face value without paying the RSVP fee?

2. Where does all the money collected from these RSVP fees go?

The money generated from this scheme is filling someone's pockets and I have a feeling that not one cent of this RSVP money ever sees a college campus or benefits a college athlete in any way.

Quite frankly, the whole college bowl system is a rigged money generation tool for which the participating schools receive a mere pittance of the overall money generated. If I remember correctly, Clemson ended up in red from our participation in the 2016 National Championship Game. After the sponsors, bowl system, and the conference office's took their cuts, Clemson actually didn't get enough money to reimburse our expenses of having the team and the band participate in the playoffs and Championship game. How in the world does a Championship participating team end up losing money in a college bowl system that rakes in over a half billion dollars - doesn't this seem absurd to most folks?

I don't mind giving money to IPTAY in order to guarantee a chance to purchase season tickets. I know where the IPTAY money is going and it is most definitely going directly to Clemson athletics and to pay for Clemson student athlete scholarships. The same can't be said for this CFP RSVP scalping scheme as I would rather watch the Championship game on TV than give my money to these people.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 1, 2017, 8:16 AM

You are so right. I wasn't to reserve an RSVP....but it's $325 per ticket now! Isn't that insane!!! I agree with you totally!

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic