Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Swinney updates on latest on banged-up Tigers preparing for No. 4 Irish
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

TNET: Swinney updates on latest on banged-up Tigers preparing for No. 4 Irish

Nov 4, 2020, 6:41 PM

Swinney updates on latest on banged-up Tigers preparing for No. 4 Irish

Clemson coach Dabo Swinney updated the latest on injuries on both sides of the ball and who will not travel for the game. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Swinney updates on latest on banged-up Tigers preparing for No. 4 Irish

Nov 4, 2020, 6:47 PM

So is Skalski in or out ?

It says he is out in the article.

Nov 4, 2020, 7:02 PM

“James Skalski will also be out for Saturday as previously announced (groin).“

null

Re: TNET: Swinney updates on latest on banged-up Tigers preparing for No. 4 Irish

Nov 4, 2020, 7:20 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Swinney updates on latest on banged-up Tigers preparing for No. 4 Irish ]

I suspect Skalski is out for at least 4 weeks. Had surgery to clean up some Groin issues.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Certainly not the news I was hoping for.***

Nov 4, 2020, 7:23 PM

Nov 4, 2020, 8:47 PM

Do not confuse this ND team with the team we played in the Playoffs. Wish we had all the starters but that is why you recruit.

Nov 4, 2020, 9:57 PM

Valley Boy said:

Do not confuse this ND team with the team we played in the Playoffs. Wish we had all the starters but that is why you recruit.

If we are being honest, I’m not sure this year’s team s better than the 2018 team. That Clemson team was just stacked. I think that that we have played 3of the best 4 or 5 teams from the last 10 years in cfb in the 2012 Alabama team, the 2015 Ohio State team, and the 2018 Clemson team— OSU 44-28 being the closest by a long shot. Our 2015 team was good, but injured, so by game time I think the 2018 ND was the best Kelly has had in December or January.

Our only hope is that this year’s Clemson team is finally a little young and not quite to the full potential yet of the 2018 Clemson team, although it could have been without injuries to ____ (Ross, Ngata, Skalski, Jones, now Lawrence, etc.)

Nov 4, 2020, 10:04 PM

To follow up on that, the 2018 6’4 “slow receivers” on that team (Chase Claypool and Miles Boykin) both ran 4.42 40’s at the combine and are starting for the Steelers/Ravens respectively. Cole Kmet was the first tight end off the board last year. On defense Jerry Tillery, Isaac Rochelle, Drue Tranquill, Julian Love, Troy Pride, and Khalid Kareem have all started for NFL teams this year. And Dexter Williams may start amid the Packers running back chaos this week. I believe Alohi Gilman has played some for the chargers, and it’s likely 4/5 of the OL will play in the NFL.

That’s a #### good team Clemson beat 30-3 and I think there was some truth in the comments that the semis were tougher than the finals blowout.

Nov 5, 2020, 12:46 PM

Smart comments Gip. Personnel-wise the 2018 Clemson team that whipped ND was our top roster IMHO primarily due to d-line talent but the whole team was stacked. As for Kmet and Claypool, they are big time ballers. This year Clemson is still talented, but our injuries and inexperience are a factor Kelly and team could potentially exploit. But let’s hope not.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDGE!!!!!

Nov 4, 2020, 9:14 PM

Dadgumit - we really need Davis and Jones....

Ok Tigers - next man up! Take it to the Irish this weekend!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic