Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FU Coots Bashing Watson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 56
| visibility 1

FU Coots Bashing Watson

Dec 7, 2013, 10:51 AM

He has a Georgia high school championship from last year and played as good of a game as any player in Georgia history in that championship game. What championships have any of your thugs led you to in your miserable 100+ year football history? A lowly ACC championship and nothing else. Watson is going to eat your a$$es alive but you will first have to deal with Kelly.

http://blogs.ajc.com/georgia-high-school-sports/2012/12/14/aaaaa-gainesville-49-ware-county-13/

======
AAAAA: Gainesville 49, Ware County 13
11:34 pm December 14, 2012, by Chip Saye

It was a record-setting and drought-ending night for Deshaun Watson and the Gainesville Red Elephants.

The junior quarterback threw three touchdown passes and ran for two more scores as Gainesville overwhelmed Ware County 49-13 in the Class AAAAA championship game on Friday at the Georgia Dome to claim the first state title in school history. Gainesville (12-3), one of the state’s all-time winningest programs, was making its seventh appearance in the final, the most of any team that had never won a title.

And as has been the case so often in his three years as a starter, it was Watson who made it all go. He came into the game needing 17 yards to break the state record for career passing yardage, and he got them on his third attempt with a 10-yard pass to Tray Harrison. It was part of an 8-for-8 effort on the Red Elephants’ opening drive that was capped by a 17-yard pass to Caleb Hayman for a 7-0 lead less than six minutes into the game.

For the game, Watson was 27-of-36 passing for 317 yards and had 13 carries for 85 yards rushing, increasing his season totals to 1,441 yards rushing and 4,024 passing. He became the third quarterback in state history to throw for more than 4,000 yards in a season – behind Hutson Mason (4,560 for Lassiter in 2009) and Taylor Heinicke (4,218 for Collins Hill in 2010) – and the second to throw 50 TD passes in a season, trailing only Mason with 54 in 2009. He broke the record for career touchdown passes in the semifinals last week and will enter his senior season with 108 touchdowns and 9,363 yards.

A 4-yard run by Watson, a 38-yard fumble return by Fred Payne and a 5-yard pass to Rodney Lackey made it 28-0 with 2:33 to play in the first half. It was all but over at that point.

Payne also set up a third-quarter touchdown with a 69-yard interception return to the Ware County 2.

Xavier Tobler, the Region 3-AAAAA co-player of the year, scored both touchdowns for Ware County (13-2) on 2-yard runs.

Ware County had success on offense early and led in total yards 237-236 at halftime. Tobler and quarterback Jammar Johnson each rushed for more than 50 yards and Johnson was 11-of-13 passing for 105 yards in the first two quarters. But moving the ball against Gainesville wasn’t the problem. Stopping Gainesville was.

By the time Ware County scored its first points, on a 2-yard run by Tobler in the final minute of the first half, the Gators had given up 28 points. It was the most points allowed by the Gators all season and only the third time had scored more than 17 against them.

Ware County – 0-7-0-6 – 13

Gainesville – 14-14-14-7– 49

G – Caleb Hayman 17 pass from Deshaun Watson (Gage Turner kick)

G – Watson 4 run (Turner kick)

G – Fred Payne 38 fumble return (Turner kick)

G – Rodney Lackey 5 pass from Watson (Turner kick)

W – Xavier Tobler 2 run (Seth Starling kick)

G – Watson 1 run (Turner kick)

G – Michael Byrd 3 run (Turner kick)

G – Hayman 20 pass from Watson (Turner kick)

W – Tobler 2 run (kick failed)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Of course. That's the way it works

Dec 7, 2013, 11:09 AM

same way Clemson fans bash South Carolina players or recruits/commits.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You still never answered the question coot.

Dec 7, 2013, 11:24 AM

What have your chickens ever accomplished on the football field that is better than Watson has accomplished? The answer is nothing.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You still never answered the question coot.

Dec 7, 2013, 12:02 PM

I'll answer your question.

Your "history" of being "relevant" was built on one of the worst cheating scandals in NCAA history. And the school that allows players who beat women stay is not in a position to call anyone thugs. Get over yourself.

Watson is a heck of a high school player and he may be a home run as a college quarterback. But you guys sold Korn the same way. You are crazy to put that kind of pressure on a high school senior.

Answer is he has done nothing so far, lets see how it plays out over the next couple of years.

And as you tigers like to say, "wait to next year!"

I guess you missed the GREATES streroid scandal

Dec 7, 2013, 1:04 PM

in college sports, yet no championship whatsoever.

Re: I guess you missed the GREATES streroid scandal

Dec 7, 2013, 2:34 PM

Never said we were perfect, that is your claim. Fact is you too had a steroid issue, check your records. Fact is you had 155 violations, many of which named specifically your coaches including Ford and Locke. Fact is your championship is and always will be tainted. Fact is you're recent "championship" is in a weak league and resulted in not only losing to us, but getting waxed in your BCS bowl.

Here is the deal, no question you guys have had a good run, but now so have we. The playing field has changed and throwing out childish rants like you have been doing makes you look silly. Right now we are the better team, 5 wins in a row proves it. Give the devil his due, and just think, we beat you guys again next year, what are you going to say then. You are running out of excuses.

Re: I guess you missed the GREATES streroid scandal

Dec 7, 2013, 3:11 PM

Tainted championship versus no championships?

Dec 7, 2013, 2:21 PM [ in reply to Re: You still never answered the question coot. ]

All proved with all that is that you're reading comprehension in on par with my 7 year old nephew.

Congrats.

Dec 7, 2013, 2:28 PM

Try a little harder in the insults, that one is weak.

Dec 7, 2013, 2:29 PM

Pointing out your intellectual limitations isn't an insult. Just an observation.

You're insulting yourself enough ---- and revealing your lack of a meaningful life --- just by being here on a Saturday afternoon.

No insults or name-calling needed. Your mouthbreathing speaks for itself.

Dec 7, 2013, 4:11 PM

Okay, so instead of a thoughtful respond or rebuttal, you go with 3rd grade insults. Sad, just sad.

Dec 7, 2013, 3:10 PM [ in reply to Re: You still never answered the question coot. ]

You do know that South Carolina has had more probations for more years than Clemson? If we are one of the "great cheating schools" where does that put South Carolina or your precious Ohio State. You cheat and still can't win, what happened?

this crap from a fan of a school currently on NCAA Probation

Dec 7, 2013, 3:17 PM [ in reply to Re: You still never answered the question coot. ]

and has been on NCAA Probation more times than Clemson.

You want to read about a cheating scandal?? Check out usuck's NCAA Probation in the 60's when, from a secret slush fund set up by the football coach and the athletic director to pay HS players and coaches, etc, etc, etc........you idiots don't even know your own sorry history regarding cheating.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You tell em, coot.

Dec 7, 2013, 11:25 AM [ in reply to Of course. That's the way it works ]

#### off.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: FU Coots Bashing Watson

Dec 7, 2013, 11:15 AM

Watson is really good, but he ain't Jesus in a football uniform. I've been very impressed by him in the two times I saw him play on TV, but Kelly won't beat out Stoudt next season, and neither will Watson. I'm not talking about individual stats, but the Tiger offense will be loads better than most people think next year with Stoudt, a QB who understands how to take care of the ball. Honestly, Kelly will probably never start a game for Clemson, unless Stoudt is hurt and Watson redshirts.

This is the way I see it. FWIW.***

Dec 7, 2013, 11:32 AM

2009_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Stoudt had two fumbles this year in very limited action

Dec 7, 2013, 11:36 AM [ in reply to Re: FU Coots Bashing Watson ]

That's not exactly taking care of the ball.

I could see Kelly beating out Stoudt next year. There's no question that Morris prefers a more mobile QB, and the run game was simply not good enough this year. Morris's number one job going into next year will be to improve the running bame. If Kelly can show he's 100% healthy in the Spring, I could see him win the job because of his superior running ability.

Connor Shaw is their best QB ever...

Dec 7, 2013, 11:36 AM

...That should say a ton about where they are as far as recruiting.

They'd sh*t a brick if they ever got a QB the caliber of Watson.

I'd rather have great players than 5 star recruits.

Dec 7, 2013, 11:38 AM

Will Watson be a better player than Shaw? Maybe

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We once built solid teams around 2 stars.***

Dec 7, 2013, 11:42 AM

2009_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Boyd was Clemson's best QB ever

Dec 7, 2013, 12:21 PM [ in reply to Connor Shaw is their best QB ever... ]

and he never stayed within double digits of a Shaw led Gamecock team. Dylan Thompson led Gamecock team either.

Re: Boyd was Clemson's best QB ever

Dec 7, 2013, 12:49 PM

32-8 as a starter
Statistically the best QB in ACC history.
ACC Champion
2 BCS appearances ( when we face Bama )
Future high round draft pick ( 1-3 rounds )

and Connor Shaw...

25-5 as a starter
Very average statistically
0 Conference Championships
0 BCS appearances
2-0 vs Clemson ( only real accomplishment )

I'll take Boyd's resume' over Shaw's any day.

Dec 7, 2013, 12:59 PM

> 32-8 as a starter

Lets be realistic here 29 of those come at the hands of powerhouse programs like the citadel, sc state, wake forest, unc, virginia etc...

But I understand the point you were trying to make.

Dec 7, 2013, 1:15 PM

> > 32-8 as a starter
>
>
> Lets be realistic here 29 of those come at the hands
> of powerhouse programs like the citadel, sc state,
> wake forest, unc, virginia etc...
>
> But I understand the point you were trying to make.

Boyd = 7 ranked wins

Shaw = 4 ranked wins

Dec 7, 2013, 1:19 PM

like I said, I understand.

Well...There is that...***

Dec 7, 2013, 3:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Boyd was Clemson's best QB ever ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 7, 2013, 3:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Boyd was Clemson's best QB ever ]

How many of Connor Shaw's powerhouse victories came against the football legends like Wofford, Vanderbilt, Furman, Tennessee, and Kentucky? You act like he was beating NFL teams every freakin' week.

Dec 7, 2013, 4:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Boyd was Clemson's best QB ever ]

And I will take Shaw's results any day. Boyd can keep his resume padded with stats against what is nationally recognized as a weak schedule.

Where's all those Florida QB's

Dec 7, 2013, 1:07 PM [ in reply to Boyd was Clemson's best QB ever ]

that Manning never beat ? Worked out well for him...................

Re: Connor Shaw is their best QB ever...

Dec 7, 2013, 5:03 PM [ in reply to Connor Shaw is their best QB ever... ]

Want to make a wager that Watson's career isn't as successful as Connor Shaw's?
You can even pick whatever set of statistics you want to compare the two, but you have to say what they are up front.

South Carolina baseball since 1975: 31 NCAA Tournament appearances including a streak of 14 straight / 12 Super Regional appearances/ 11 College World Series berths / 5 National Championship game appearances / National Champions in 2010 and 2011. The Gamecocks hold 3 NCAA records for postseason success: The most consecutive NCAA tournament wins (22) / The most consecutive wins in the College World Series (12) / The most consecutive home NCAA tournament wins (29).
Since 1992 The Gamecocks have competed in the SEC and have 4 SEC titles / 1 SEC tournament title / 7 SECE titles.

Dec 7, 2013, 11:39 AM

yep. Watson is gonna eat SC alive. Just like Tajh did.

Watson is a winner. You on the other hand are a coot

Dec 7, 2013, 11:43 AM

which means you are most likely either a white trash, attorney or ghetto loser. In any event you and your ilk are no better than dog crap on the bottom of my shoe.

"white trash, attorney or ghetto loser" or all three.***

Dec 7, 2013, 2:16 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Dec 7, 2013, 2:22 PM [ in reply to Re: FU Coots Bashing Watson ]

Right. Because they're the same QB and all.

Watson never played a game. The crap on this board

Dec 7, 2013, 11:41 AM

is amazing and how our fans try to match their stupidity.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 7, 2013, 11:44 AM

What up...COOT troll?!!!!

WTH are you talking about?***

Dec 7, 2013, 11:46 AM

Re: WTH are you talking about?***

Dec 7, 2013, 2:23 PM

Don't worry. I've hardly ever even seen "92TigerJohn" around here, yet he's been calling people who are frequent posters Coots all week.

Dec 7, 2013, 12:07 PM

You seem like a pleasant person to be around.

Times must be rough

Dec 7, 2013, 12:07 PM

When you're living vicariously through a hs state championship.

Uhh no..your a$$holes were the ones bashing Watson

Dec 7, 2013, 12:16 PM

The post is in a response to your ball licking friends.

Sux when USuC is not there and there's no Bama to cheer

Dec 7, 2013, 1:05 PM [ in reply to Times must be rough ]

for.Life as a Coot.

Re: Times must be rough

Dec 7, 2013, 2:22 PM [ in reply to Times must be rough ]

Well...your whole team lives through Alabama

an idiot coot

Dec 7, 2013, 1:54 PM

Mentioned Korn above.

Question, simple yes or no will do. Did the injury to Korn have anything to do with him not becoming a star like many thought he would?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: an idiot coot

Dec 7, 2013, 3:59 PM

That is exactly my point, you can never tell what is going to happen. So don't build up a kid too early. As fa as the idiot comment goes, you earned it. Geesh.

i missed

Dec 7, 2013, 2:42 PM

Where he said Clemson is perfect. Show us those "facts."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FACT

Dec 7, 2013, 2:44 PM

Lets talk facts, RECENT facts since you coots only like to talk recent history.

How many times have coots been on probation the last 10 years? How many times have Clemson been on probation in that same time frame?

no

Dec 7, 2013, 4:14 PM

The point you were trying to make is that Korn didn't live up to the "hype." You were trying to say he wasn't really that good. You got called on it.

And the idiot is he that doesn't stay on his own board convincing his own fan base that the back up to Thompson, (I can't even recall his name) isn't the second coming.

Yes, there are posts on fgf talking about how great this dude is...run on over..

yet his "padded stats"

Dec 7, 2013, 4:19 PM

Against a weak schedule has him projected to be drafted much higher than Shaw.

How does that even happen?

I know, I'll take the word of those that are paid to make those predictions, instead of cootwheeler

Re: yet his "padded stats"

Dec 7, 2013, 4:38 PM

OP was talking pro, he was talking college. And it happens all the time where a good college player doesn't go high in the draft. Apples and apples . And that would be Mr. cootwheeler to you

youre more like Miss

Dec 7, 2013, 4:42 PM

;)

btw

Dec 7, 2013, 4:43 PM

It isn't just Clemson fans that are hyping Watson. Looks like many national media types are hyping the young man. ESPN has an article up now debating rather he can start as a freshman.

Didn't Korn debut as the #3 overall prospect

Dec 7, 2013, 4:53 PM

On Rivals?

Don't get ahead of yourself. He looks like he's extremely talented, but there have been plenty kids in his shoes in the past.

Some turned out great, some didn't make it.

i know

Dec 7, 2013, 4:57 PM

You coots are hoping the young man fails.

Clemson fans are hoping Carolina recruits fail

Dec 7, 2013, 5:06 PM

That's how sports work. You never want your opponent to play well.

im a Clemson fan

Dec 7, 2013, 5:21 PM

I've never hoped any young man fails. Not even a coot. I want to beat y'all but dont want any of the young men to fail. There is a difference.

So, maybe that goes for some fans. Especially you since you owned up to it above

confessed cooties

Dec 7, 2013, 5:23 PM

I dont make wagers online. I learned long ago, not to trust a coot.

I won a bet about five years ago on the Gogamecocks.com site. Still waiting on that payment. Guess he literally sent it by snail mail.

Replies: 56
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic