Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FSU ranked ahead
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

FSU ranked ahead

Feb 9, 2016, 11:25 AM

Why is it that they are ahead of us? We have our whole offense coming back that beat them last year and had them 2 years ago at their house with DW a freshman. I know our D has some shoes to fill. Does FSU have all their starters back on D or what? I just don't understand! TIA

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FSU ranked ahead

Feb 9, 2016, 11:29 AM

FSU had 18 starters returning, including all 11 on offense, along with a great recruiting class.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Feb 9, 2016, 11:31 AM

get back to us in August, the arrest season starts soon.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 9, 2016, 11:32 AM

You say that like Jimbo/FSU will actually do something about it.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Feb 9, 2016, 11:35 AM

Jimbo's hands are normally tied, I imagine your beef is with the former Leon Country District Attorney.

Whitney Smith

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

there'll certainly be no assistance from the Tallahassee PD***

Feb 9, 2016, 12:52 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Then returning all 11 starters on O is a bit of an

Feb 9, 2016, 12:54 PM [ in reply to Re: FSU ranked ahead ]

advantage, on account of they don't have a stellar QB.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FSU is not ranked ahead. Both teams are 0-0.***

Feb 9, 2016, 11:39 AM

Feb 9, 2016, 11:45 AM

FSU is arguably more talented than Clemson, and I think they have more returning starters than Clemson. We have DW, which I think makes Clemson the team to beat. But, I think FSU's roster top to bottom has fewer questions marks than Clemson (defense, and don't forget special teams).

FSU is arguably the most talented team in the country, but Clemson is pretty close. FSU is going to be very good next year, and ESPN is on the money with a #2 projection. Don't be surprised if the winner of the Clemson FSU game is next year's National Champion. Also, don't be surprised if the loser still ends up in the playoff.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 9, 2016, 12:03 PM

Maybe. While I will agree the two teams are that talented, we could get hit for much the same reason that Ohio State got hit this past year...the perception that our conference is not that strong. In that case, a late loss to FSU could be fatal.

I do think Clemson and FSU are Top-5 programs nationally right now, along with Ohio State and Alabama...you can make an argument, I suppose, that Oklahoma is the fifth big national power but I have my own opinions on how good the Big 12 really is. I kind of think they belong in the "next group up" of teams like Stanford, Notre Dame, Michigan State, Michigan, and Baylor, and maybe Oregon...Top-10 teams, but not really national title contenders.

The ACC could use some balance. FSU and Clemson are monsters, but the rest of the ACC is bottom-of-the-top-25 at best. Louisville and last year, UNC, are solid, nobody else really is. Especially with VT and Miami not really doing their part in the Coastal - for basically the last 10 years - the general perception of the ACC continually takes some hits. They were supposed to be cornerstones and superpowers, like they were in the Big East...they just haven't been. And I do think the rest of the ACC kind of takes away from the perception of how good Clemson - and even FSU - really are.

Feb 9, 2016, 1:29 PM

That was a great post.

Getting Miami and VT to be consistent top 25 programs again is key for long-term balance. To your point, I think the rest of the Country was shocked at how good Clemson was last year (especially at the end). The ACC's reputation is definitely still a drag.

Feb 9, 2016, 4:28 PM [ in reply to Re: FSU ranked ahead ]

Mark Richt should be able to get Miami performing at an elite level. It's going to do wonders for the ACC. If Fuente can get VT back to where they were the top of the ACC will really be one of the top 3 conferences.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Irregardless of who has/had

Feb 10, 2016, 4:55 PM

the best conference last year. The SEC East was the worst division in Power-Five football.

Even with Miami and VT being "down" the ACC Coastal was probably a better division....that's funny.

Re: Irregardless of who has/had

Feb 10, 2016, 5:13 PM

The worst team in the SEC East beat the ACC Coastal champions...

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Does anyone really believe SC was better though? If they

Feb 10, 2016, 5:27 PM

had played again at the end of the season, you think SC would've won?

Re: Does anyone really believe SC was better though? If they

Feb 10, 2016, 6:26 PM

Does anyone really believe the coastal was better than the sec east?

Re: Does anyone really believe SC was better though? If they

Feb 10, 2016, 6:54 PM

The whole country, everybody (except SEC fans).

Feb 10, 2016, 6:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Irregardless of who has/had ]

So one game is what you base the season on?

Feb 10, 2016, 6:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Irregardless of who has/had ]

...lol.

Let's give credit to the ACC Coastal Champ for playing their worst game of the season. They gift-wrapped your BIG win. UNC would have gone 0-for the season if they played like that against the Coastal division.

South Carolina homers, you never learn. You have ZERO championships in 123+ years of playing football. By definition you are losers. You chant "SEC, SEC". You do it because you don't have any championships/accomplishments in your entire history. How do you even do that??? Lol

2015 Season Summary: You lost to The Citadel, got lucky against UNC in the 1st game, your coach quit on you mid-season, and you went 3-7. SEC Least worthy, for sure.

Go back to watching women's basketball....and getting blown out by UCONN, again. It's your best sport, and you're not that good at it.

Feb 9, 2016, 12:14 PM

Just look at the preseason top 5 from last year, then look at the top 5 in December. There. Feel better? It's like swallowing a Xanax with a glass of '84 Mayacamas.

Preseason rankings mean ####, especially in February.

Feb 9, 2016, 12:38 PM

You know basically I am with everyone else...it is Feburary so who cares. What erks me is that everyone said last year that until we beat FSU we could not claim to be the best in the ACC. Check...did that. Two years ago FSU made the playoff and were ranked ahead of us in preseason (10 them 12 us). This year we make the playoff and THEY ARE STILL ranked ahead of us??? I understand the questions about the returners but did anyone watch them in their bowl game? Their OL is terrible. I don't get it.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 9, 2016, 12:49 PM

Florida State is going to need a QB to beat us or to make a run for the NAtty. I don't see Sean Maguire getting it done...

Feb 9, 2016, 1:43 PM [ in reply to Re: FSU ranked ahead ]

Yeah how does a team get beat by Houston & still gets #1 recruiting class. I don't get it.

Feb 9, 2016, 3:19 PM

$$$$

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, those things don't really have much to do with each

Feb 9, 2016, 3:21 PM [ in reply to Re: FSU ranked ahead ]

other.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Because they inked the number one recruiting class

Feb 9, 2016, 1:44 PM

this gets overhyped by the media. With that and the return of Dalvin + the Clemson game occurring at home, FSU will probably be the pre season pick for the ACC and is therefore ranked ahead. I don't think this should come at very much of a shock.

not so sure that they will be the pre-season pick...

Feb 9, 2016, 3:21 PM

if those voting look at the QB situation.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

very true. We have the solid advantage in QB over them. But

Feb 9, 2016, 4:33 PM

in every other category, we are toe to toe. With them having the home edge, do not expect that game to come easy. In fact, I'm preparing mentally that we may lose that game and should we win down there for the first time in 10 years (5 tries), then I will be very happy.

Feb 9, 2016, 3:19 PM

We like it when people underestimate us. It always seems to work to our advantage. I dare you, go ahead and knock that battery off my shoulder.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 9, 2016, 3:44 PM

Who cares? We play them. The rankings will be corrected on that date.

Because we play in Tallahassee. I do like our chances if

Feb 9, 2016, 4:31 PM

McGuire is the QB but if one of their more mobile and talented younger guys wins the job and starts producing, I don't like our chances as much.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We got them and anybody else ranked ahead of us right where

Feb 10, 2016, 6:29 PM

we want them - Tigers thrive when not respected!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic