Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FSU on upset alert per ESPN - go wolves
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

FSU on upset alert per ESPN - go wolves

Oct 2, 2012, 3:32 PM

http://espn.go.com/blog/acc/post/_/id/45217/acc-upset-watch-week-6-2

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson Is Coming" says Stephone Anthony (Class 2011)"
"Why NOT Clemson"
"Why Not Dabo"

gotta go with the Seminoles on this one

Oct 2, 2012, 3:34 PM

not cheering for them to lose until Bama does. Clemson comes off looking just as good going 12-1 with a Sugar Bowl win as they do at 12-1 with an Orange Bowl win. Maybe even better.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hear you with national aspiration but I want us to have

Oct 2, 2012, 3:36 PM

the ACC championship this year. Next year will be our shot at the NC.

"Why NOT Clemson"
"Why Not Dabo"

NCSU winning doesn't do anything for us

Oct 2, 2012, 3:36 PM

other than hurt our strength of schedule. FSU has to lose twice in order for Clemson to have a chance at the ACCCG and that is unlikely to happen.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

guys you are giving up

Oct 2, 2012, 3:38 PM

FSU could lose two. We lost two last year late. An injury hear or there or just a bad day... They still have to play Miami (i think) and with college kids anything can happen.

"Why NOT Clemson"
"Why Not Dabo"

Re: guys you are giving up

Oct 2, 2012, 3:53 PM

I here that F$U's players are impervious to injury. NCSU isn't good enough to pull this off. They can't handle speed, and the Noles have plenty of it. They cough the ball up too much, Amerson is a liability, inexperience at LB, no running game, no playmakers, adequate lines. It is better for us if FSU wins out because they are not dropping two conference games.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

how is it better for us if fsu wins out??

Oct 2, 2012, 3:59 PM

i mean if they win out.their already recruiting gets better against us.also our schedule strength is irrelevant.we arent even in the national title picture.

Re: how is it better for us if fsu wins out??

Oct 2, 2012, 4:06 PM

Because their recruiting can't get better. And we need FSU to win out because they are not going to drop 2 conference games. So an undefeated FSU will be in the NCG which gives us a better shot at a BCS bowl and I for one want to be on Bourbon Street for New Years'

What if NCS beats Noles and we beat State? Three way tie?***

Oct 2, 2012, 3:53 PM [ in reply to NCSU winning doesn't do anything for us ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What if NCS beats Noles and we beat State? Three way tie?***

Oct 2, 2012, 3:54 PM

Still only one loss for FSU, two losses for State, one for us. Noles beat us in a head to head tiebreaker

You know...

Oct 2, 2012, 5:02 PM

NCSU beating FSU is probably not going to happen. I give it 1 chance in 10.

That said, NCSU, reminds me of the HULK. That team is built on pure emotion. If they start the game off great and get a quick score, turnover, etc. Then their inner thug emerges, and they play better. Look at our game last year. And I can point to many other games like that in the past. If NCSU starts off hot, and FSU is cold the game could be toss up. Score 35-28

Then again, all FSU needs to do is come out and punch them square in the mouth, and NCSU will go hide under its bed and disapper. I think this is more in line with what we will see this saturday. Final score FSU 35, State 17.

All FSU needs to do is strap it on from the start and the game will be over.

I dont see FSU losing 2 games this year. Maybe 1, but our conference is just not that good, and FSU is pretty strong. I also dont see us going to a BCS bowl if we win out. If FSU wins out, then they are going to the National Championship game vs Alabama. They have enough "hype" that they will slide past a 1 loss SEC team.

The Orange will go to Louisville vs. Notre Dame
The Rose will go to the PAC 12 and Big 10
The Sugar will to to the SEC #2 and probably Big 12
The Feista will go to the PAC 12 and a Big 12 team (its about selling tickets)

I think they look at the fact that we did not sell that many tickets at the Orange Bowl last year, and that may hurt us our chances this year. But if the Feista has the right to pick Notre Dame before the Orange then we may be back in the picture. It will depend on how UGA, or UF finish up. They all will have solid records themselves and have fans that can sell tickets.

But I am with you, I think we have a better chance of going to a BCS game if they win out.

Go Tigers
LNT

Re: You know...

Oct 2, 2012, 5:32 PM

F$U has too much speed for State. I think State is a solid team but that is it. Tenn. torched them, Miami torched them, and FSU is going to torch them. I think you have to look at our finish last season and the fact that so many went to Charlotte for the game that a lot of fans were either discouraged about going or didn't have the means to go to both games. If both teams win out that means we will be on a tear and our only loss will be to the undefeated national championship participant (a la Bama from last year). And the winner of the UGA/UF game will have at least one loss when they lose to the Tide. I think you're looking at only one team from the Big XII getting in. Right now that team is K St, with Oklahoma as number two. I think the Sugar Bowl would jump at a Clemson/Georgia matchup. But there are a lot of games to be played between now and then.

it will mean we are one step closer..

Oct 2, 2012, 3:57 PM [ in reply to NCSU winning doesn't do anything for us ]

to making an acc title bid.i hope fsu loses two conference games.couldnt care less about strength of scheduled because we will not have a shot at the national title game.

yes, but could be in the Sugar Bowl

Oct 2, 2012, 3:58 PM

which would be a better match up than the Orange Bowl anyway.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i just cant root for a team..

Oct 2, 2012, 3:59 PM

that we recruit against to do great so they can get even better recruits.

Re: i just cant root for a team..

Oct 2, 2012, 4:04 PM

How can they get any higher than #1? They've been down the last decade and still recruit lights out. FSU is always going to get the best recruits for two reasons: 1.) Their history of success while these kids were growing up and 2.) Florida is probably the most fertile recruiting ground in the world.

Re: FSU on upset alert per ESPN -Ole Hd's football iq

Oct 2, 2012, 3:46 PM

"The mistake-laden Wolfpack will have to play a near-flawless game to pull this one off, but somehow NC State seems to find a way to beat Clemson OR Florida State in any given year under coach Tom O’Brien."

Uhh we have 7 in a row till last year. you let you ignorance get in the way of your story HD. You are terrible

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just remember...

Oct 2, 2012, 4:08 PM

7-1 in the Conference would have won the Atlantic division every year since its inception.

Every Atlantic champ has lost at least 2 games since 2005.

LOL! Get real - NCST is TERRIBLE. NO chance.***

Oct 2, 2012, 4:08 PM

NC state has beat us once in 8 years, yet

Oct 2, 2012, 4:14 PM

Sammich maker says they seem to beat us on any given year under O'brien

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry ... I cannot pull for NCSU***

Oct 2, 2012, 5:04 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: FSU on upset alert per ESPN - go wolves

Oct 2, 2012, 8:28 PM

Im pulling for FSU to win out and go to the BCSNCG.... Im rooting for us to win out an make it to an at large BCS game. Thats the best scenario for both teams and the ACC at this point. Sounds odd, but FSU would need a horrible collapse at his point for us to get in the ACC title game, and we still wouldnt get a shot at the national title.

ZA

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic