Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FSU losing defensive coordinator
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

FSU losing defensive coordinator

Jan 14, 2014, 1:45 PM

http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/college/bulldogs-expected-to-hire-fsus-jeremy-pruitt-as-de/ncnYY/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very interesting

Jan 14, 2014, 1:47 PM

Took him a while to get his system going at FSU. Players said is wasn't really clicking till the Maryland games and that it was very complicated. Chad with revenge on his mind chalk a win for the good guys.

Re: Very interesting- yep- I dont do AJC links

Jan 14, 2014, 1:50 PM

but yes it is. wonder who they will get

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

not quite getting these lateral moves: from GA to louisville

Jan 14, 2014, 1:49 PM

to take the same position? from FSU to UGA to take the same position? i suppose $ could be a factor, but surely UGA pays more than louisville, right?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FAT TAX NOW!

He is from Alabama originally....

Jan 14, 2014, 1:57 PM

and Athens is closer to Alabama than Tallahassee.

Otherwise, I'm not sure I would even categorize this as a lateral move. At this point in time, FSU is a better team and a better job compared to Georgia.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

only closer by about an hour

Jan 14, 2014, 2:08 PM

And Tallahassee is closer to parts of Alabama than Athens is.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

UofL really ponied up for Grantham

Jan 14, 2014, 2:10 PM [ in reply to not quite getting these lateral moves: from GA to louisville ]

Paying him $1 million/ year, which makes him the fourth highest paid.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FSU losing defensive coordinator

Jan 14, 2014, 1:50 PM

Why take the step down like this? Is it just about money?

Jan 14, 2014, 1:51 PM

Perhaps he thinks this could be the end of the line for Richt and is therefore trying to give himself an inside track on the HC position?

Still, this seems weird.

Re: FSU losing defensive coordinator- I think the DC

Jan 14, 2014, 1:54 PM

was afraid of the axe falling in athens and got out ahead of it

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 14, 2014, 1:56 PM

I'm talking about the FSU going to UGA from Tally. It doesn't make sense to me.

Jan 14, 2014, 2:02 PM

Yeah I agree. Not sure about that one either

if you just read the link it says pruitt as de, does he have

any eligibility left? regardless of the pay .

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: if you just read the link it says pruitt as de, does he have

Jan 14, 2014, 1:57 PM

This alone should let you guys understand Morris will not get a big time HC job.

Coordinators move around until they hit it big with a small school as HC or take a medium

Clemson is not normal in the DAbo and Morris hires. It has worked well but that doesn;t mean other people want Morris to be HC. Sure Vandy is looking but as mentioned Louisville never even called.

This guy won a national champ and is taking a very lateral move with a raise. Sometimes it takes doing well at FSU, bringing back a decent D at UGA to get a look at HC.

I have said for some time if Coach V turns around this D as well as he did this year, he will be a bigger name than Morris on the HC lists due to his serious depth of Exp from K State to Okla to a dominating D at Clemson not known for that since the 80s.

Re: if you just read the link it says pruitt as de, does he have

Jan 14, 2014, 2:01 PM

I guess you forgot about the FSU DC that left one year ago to become HC at Ky.

wasn't franklin a coordinator, prior to vandy ? sec schools

Jan 14, 2014, 2:01 PM [ in reply to Re: if you just read the link it says pruitt as de, does he have ]

do it,too. jeez, you got it bad.

Tough-to learn system = more points for us in Athens***

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Gratham(sp?)

Jan 14, 2014, 1:53 PM

Was on a short leash at UGA and knew it. Pruitt was about money most likely. Either way I can't see how this move doesn't help us at least a little bit in two game this season. Maybe we will get really lucky and Jimbo will start calling the defensive plays too.

Good, FSU is sunk now! When have they ever lost their DC

Jan 14, 2014, 1:58 PM

and come back to win anything? I can't think of a time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Talk about busting a balloon.

Jan 14, 2014, 2:13 PM

So many guys having fun until you show up in a thread and pull a debbie downer.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 14, 2014, 2:05 PM

This is good for Clemson. GA is the first game and supposedly it's a complicated system. And FSU game is still sorta early for a new defensive scheme not to mention they are losing some players to the NFL. Both games on the road so if we could score early a few times and take some air out of the crowd.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The bigger plus....

Jan 14, 2014, 2:10 PM

Is Dabo and Co will already know his schemes and tendencies when they play UGA week 1.

"Stalwart universities—Harvard, Princeton, Yale—most certainly offer status. The Citadel offers character. "

Jan 14, 2014, 2:05 PM

Exactly but look at his resume vs 1 year at Tulsa and 3 at clemson

big difference there

That was why it was explained that Coach V would be a bigger name than morris simply due to having a track record.

People could say Morris has a resume...lots of points and records against the ACC...14 points against FSU and avg of 14 to the coots

not much for resume building. he will get a job but the people thinking he is too big for Vandy, Louisville etc should really look at facts before looking silly

Sure Frankin was a coord, so was Strong before Louisville came calling but do you know the difference between Strong and Morris...maybe 20 yrs of college experience

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic