Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FSU fans incorrectly comparing 59-10 to 2013
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

FSU fans incorrectly comparing 59-10 to 2013

Oct 30, 2018, 9:47 AM

I keep seeing FSU fans reference 2013 as if the game Saturday was the same type of result.

It's not at all similar. What we did to FSU Saturday was much more like the 90s beatdowns we took when the two programs were on completely different levels.

In 2013, we were utterly routed in a big game but it was still clear that our program was on the rise. We still went 11-2 that year despite the FSU loss. FSU in 2018 is a disaster and looks very far away from relevance. A far cry from 2013 Clemson

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FSU fans incorrectly comparing 59-10 to 2013

Oct 30, 2018, 9:53 AM

Must have been a while since you re-watched that 2013 game. We looked like a complete train wreck in that game and severely outmatched. Tajh Boyd couldn't hit the broad side of a barn (unless it was to an FSU defender with no Clemson players lateral with him 20 yards behind the line of scrimmage)...constant deer-in-headlights lost look on his face the entire game. It was BAD. I get what you are saying about the program levels as a whole, but yeah, 2013 was a similar unmatched looking beat down.

Oct 30, 2018, 10:02 AM

I have to agree with you 78. It was bad, they ripped our heart out in the first quarter.

It took us a quarter to get it going on Saturday.

I didn't see FSU team quit, Clemson is just playing faster and on a higher level. They did get frustrated and get a lot of stupid penalties but I wouldn't call it quitting. Our team didn't quit in 13, they just got their butts whipped.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 30, 2018, 10:21 AM

Hello Tiger fans,

When Bobby Bowden beat his own son, 57-0 in Death Valley, long time fans like me remember! The 2013 game was a train wreck, but the post-game feeling was not the same. Was it frustrating, yes, but FSU is now experiencing what every team they ran over during the 1990s felt. Frankly I cannot wait until next year as hopefully 2013 will be a distant memory after a good old fashioned Clemson beat down for the second year in a row against FSU.

Go Tigers!

57-0 was 1993 @ FSU

Oct 30, 2018, 10:52 AM

Tommy wasn't here and it was an away game.

In Death Valley, other than the 2013 game, I believe every game was around a two score margin one way or the other.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 30, 2018, 10:55 AM [ in reply to Re: FSU fans incorrectly comparing 59-10 to 2013 ]

There was never a 57-0 Bowden bowl, and the 57-0 game was in Tallahassee in '93. We were coached by Hatfield then.

Oct 30, 2018, 10:58 AM

I think he's thinking of 2000. We lost 54-7 that year, and that one was a Bowden Bowl played in Tallahassee.

Oct 30, 2018, 12:42 PM [ in reply to Re: FSU fans incorrectly comparing 59-10 to 2013 ]

This ^^^

We had an occasional train wreck in our accent since 2010. However, we were trending upward and had good seasons ... unlike the current FSU team

Oct 30, 2018, 10:17 AM [ in reply to Re: FSU fans incorrectly comparing 59-10 to 2013 ]

My greatest fear is that when their fan base awakens, they realize the mistake they made with WT and fire him. Then, they would go out and get a great coach. But, as long as they keep WT, I think we will be fine.

Oct 30, 2018, 10:26 AM

Coach Taggart better hope the fan base has a great degree of patience or else he will be gone after one season. Even if FSU fires him and brings in a great coach it will take quite sometime for the program to recover. I do not fear a return of FSU as much as I see the need for Clemson to continue recruiting quality OL and DL players as the core of future excellent teams of our own. We cannot afford to be like CTB's teams with good skill players and no decent lines on either side of the ball.

Go Tigers!

Oct 30, 2018, 11:45 AM

Coach Taggart better hope the fan base has a great degree of patience or else he will be gone after one season. Even if FSU fires him and brings in a great coach it will take quite sometime for the program to recover. I do not fear a return of FSU as much as I see the need for Clemson to continue recruiting quality OL and DL players as the core of future excellent teams of our own. We cannot afford to be like CTB's teams with good skill players and no decent lines on either side of the ball.

Go Tigers!

Go Tigers!

I don’t think it will take Florida State very long at all. When Saban came to Alabama, they were in a mess with the whole Mike Price and Shula debacles. He went like 7-6 in his first year. In 2008, he had them #1 in the nation, and they finished like 12-2 and made the Sugar Bowl. The next year, they won the National Title. Florida State is an elite program. For the last 30 years, they have been a true “blue blood” program. If Florid State makes a great coaching hire (someone who knows how to recruit and run a program) they will be a Top 10 team again in 1-3 years. It won’t take long at all. The history, location, and tradition of that place is just too good. They will be back quickly with the right coach.

Oct 30, 2018, 11:45 AM [ in reply to Re: FSU fans incorrectly comparing 59-10 to 2013 ]

Go Tigers!

Go Tigers!

I don’t think it will take Florida State very long at all. When Saban came to Alabama, they were in a mess with the whole Mike Price and Shula debacles. He went like 7-6 in his first year. In 2008, he had them #1 in the nation, and they finished like 12-2 and made the Sugar Bowl. The next year, they won the National Title. Florida State is an elite program. For the last 30 years, they have been a true “blue blood” program. If Florid State makes a great coaching hire (someone who knows how to recruit and run a program) they will be a Top 10 team again in 1-3 years. It won’t take long at all. The history, location, and tradition of that place is just too good. They will be back quickly with the right coach.

Oct 30, 2018, 12:08 PM [ in reply to Re: FSU fans incorrectly comparing 59-10 to 2013 ]

We have a reputation on the DL now of putting talent in the NFL. I'm not too concerned about being able to continue to recruit D-linemen.

That said, we need to develop that kind of reputation on the OL. It starts with Hyatt this year, and will continue with guys like Carman, Simpson, Vinson, Bockhorst, etc getting their draft stock up, and making a name for themselves in the NFL.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 30, 2018, 11:55 AM [ in reply to Re: FSU fans incorrectly comparing 59-10 to 2013 ]

I my experience, while they are very very passionate, they are not that bright.

Also, pretty sure they are broke from the whole Jimbo thing, so I imagine Willy stays a little while.

Oct 30, 2018, 10:27 AM

2013 fsu kept their starting QB in the game until the final series...

imagine for a second if we had done that this past Saturday.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic