Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FSU fan gets kicked out of Fisher's radio show
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

FSU fan gets kicked out of Fisher's radio show

Nov 30, 2017, 10:38 AM

I get that it was a tough question but did the guy deserve to get kicked out and shoved several times.

https://twitter.com/Safid_Deen/status/936034101404020737

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He should have thrown

Nov 30, 2017, 10:40 AM

a hook at the d-bag pushing him.

Looks like he may get all his donations back

Nov 30, 2017, 10:58 AM

in one lump sum.

The gentleman's name is Mike, he's an attorney & he lied...

Nov 30, 2017, 12:00 PM

go figure[@GWPTiger®] :), to the show hosts/producers about his intended question in order to ask the one he did.

I'm not sure how this world embraces his actions or is surprised his deception was treated as it was. To me it shows idiots are everywhere, the lie and response are equivalents in an already difficult situation and folks should either be OK with neither or both, but perhaps that's just me?

Maybe honesty/integrity is the best policy? It seems the world could use a heaping helping of it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

look like mike is the only one

Nov 30, 2017, 12:07 PM

there with any integrity..was a valid question that needed to be asked.

Yes, lying is chock full of integrity; that's patently...

Nov 30, 2017, 12:08 PM

stupid.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yes, lying is chock full of integrity; that's patently...

Nov 30, 2017, 12:27 PM

I get it DSP, but why did he even have to "lie" in the first place?

Because otherwise they would have censored him and not allowed him to ask a valid question. Which also carries its own level of deception from the FSU side.

Also, that guy wouldn't have gotten two chances to put his hands on me like that, regardless of what question I asked.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He had to lie? No, he did not, so no you do not get it.

Nov 30, 2017, 12:42 PM

Jimbo has made it clear he is not talking about it; there's a good chance he can not.

There are plenty of channels to go through. If you don't get what you want, something apparently you're not entitled to and lying is your answer, then that person has a problem.

Trying to sand the rough edges of the lack of integrity is complicit.

Re: He had to lie? No, he did not, so no you do not get it.

Nov 30, 2017, 12:46 PM

I guess my point was he should have been allowed to ask the question, and then none of this would have occurred.

But apparently people at Jimbo Fishers level are "protected" from having to answer the tough questions.

WHY? He should have to answer that question. He makes enough money to be held accountable and have to answer the difficult questions from the supporters who contribute to his success.

He shouldn't get a pass on it.

No, he has answered it, but the "public" doesn't like the

Nov 30, 2017, 12:56 PM

answer he's given - that's too bad.

I'm more than sure those that should know, do know. People "wanting" to know is not remotely equivalent to those that should know. Is it understandable why people have a desire to know? Sure, people will be people and feel they have some magical "right" to the information, some uncontrollable mandate for "need" which demands an answer - this "right" does not exist.

No excuse for lying as a means to an end, that should always be our baseline, but again, maybe that's just me?

Re: No, he has answered it, but the "public" doesn't like the

Nov 30, 2017, 1:02 PM

Not just you. And you're right. That should be our baseline as humans. Too bad the most powerful of humans don't seem to be held to the same baseline as you're holding that gentleman to.

Not to mention you have no idea who that gentleman is. He could be a million dollar a year donor who's pissed about the "canned" answers he's getting.

Nah, the more I think about it, the more I disageee. Lying is not a good trait. But if you get to assume he doesn't deserve an answer without knowing the full situation, then I get to assume he does.

Message was edited by: CtLiEgMeSrOsN®

Mike can be as pissed as Mike likes; now he's potentially...

Nov 30, 2017, 1:11 PM

a million$ donor under your scenario, which no one recognized.

Sand away.

No, it's not OK and if he is as you suggest, it's even more a reason to believe he's a petulant child that hates "no", because no is a perfectly good answer - one that might be legally enforced through confidentially agreements during negotiations with FSU, TAMU et al. possibly involved.

Jimbo has answered the question, I'm sorry you find it Ok to lie, tells me more about you.

Re: Mike can be as pissed as Mike likes; now he's potentially...

Nov 30, 2017, 1:16 PM

Yo bud, I've been nothing but nice to you. So you can slow your roll at the end there about what it "tells you about me."

I'll debate this with you sensibly if you like DSP. And we can have different opinions based on our perception and limited understanding and knowledge of a 30 second video clip on Twitter.

But if you're going to take that as an opportunity to try and undercut me as a person, then you can take that and stick it where the sun doesn't shine.

I've been nothing, but sensible & nice. I'm sorry you...

Nov 30, 2017, 1:25 PM

feel otherwise. I don't see the slight, it's more a matter of fact to me, but you took offense, something I would not do with what was written. It just gives me a baseline for "other" conversations.

Integrity is a not a debate for me, again, maybe that's just me? It could end there, but you would not let it so because I have respect for you, I continued the conversation.

There's no feelings to it, I'm sorry if yours are somehow tweaked, but that seems to be on you now.

This is what happens when lines are blurred, something I don't see a need for when integrity is on the line.

Anyway, have a good day and a better tomorrow. I say that sometimes and always means it.

Re: I've been nothing, but sensible & nice. I'm sorry you...

Nov 30, 2017, 1:30 PM

Take from it what you will DSP. And continue to spin your web of words.

Most days, I enjoy your return.

Today, you pushed the envelope a bit too much, and I'd be okay if you were back in Jamaica.

Peace.

are you lying?***

Nov 30, 2017, 1:33 PM

Re: Apparently it's just who I am...***

Nov 30, 2017, 1:34 PM

Yes, you made that clear, but I'll still send a post card..

Nov 30, 2017, 1:41 PM [ in reply to Re: I've been nothing, but sensible & nice. I'm sorry you... ]

if and when Jamdown happens.

Patwah's my friend, even if you're not...

Re: Yes, you made that clear, but I'll still send a post card..***

Nov 30, 2017, 1:47 PM

I agree. They censor questions? Seem lame.***

Nov 30, 2017, 1:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Yes, lying is chock full of integrity; that's patently... ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, prudent as time is precious & purposefully wasting it...

Nov 30, 2017, 1:12 PM

is bad.

Eh, a fan asked a tuff question. He lied about what he'd

Nov 30, 2017, 1:25 PM

ask. Is it that huge of a deal? He doesn't deserve to me pushed in the back several times. Jimbo must be a snowflake.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Again, I said it seems OK if you're OK with both or neither.

Nov 30, 2017, 1:35 PM

but maybe that's just me?

I know these situations from life and business, they're never easy, people have this uncontrollable desire to know that which they are not privy to or included in distribution. Is that general desire understandable? Sure, but to lie when the question has been answered, because you might not like it and decided you're going to rub another man's rhubarb or whatever? No, lying is never OK and the response was equivalent.

So, I choose neither, the lie nor the response to the deception.

One led to the other in a difficult situation and I would have been upfront about my question.

People are choosing sides, mostly with the fan because they share in the "heartache" or have empathy with the situation. Me, I don't see a need to lie, the only "need" I see is people being needy and that's on them.

Anyway, I hope for all concerned the emotional situation is resolved, sooner the better as it does have an effect on people's lives - some more so than others.

This matter seems deeply personal to you

Nov 30, 2017, 1:41 PM

why so?

Not at all, why? The OP is not mine, nor has been any...

Nov 30, 2017, 1:45 PM

other OPs concerning the situation.

Maybe ask those that continue to reference it? Mine was a response to what I've learned and then replying to questions or responses.

It could have ended with my original reply, but others, you included pursued it. It's a message board, that's sort of how it works.

Don't know why it has to be deeply personal, but yes, I take truth & integrity to heart, but I felt that clear in my initial response.

Were you deeply moved by it?

lol that they censor their questions Mao style***

Nov 30, 2017, 1:03 PM [ in reply to The gentleman's name is Mike, he's an attorney & he lied... ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

When Hatfield was our coach, they stopped allowing

Nov 30, 2017, 1:08 PM

live calls on the coach's call in show. You had to leave your question on an answering machine haha.

The comments/questions weren't exactly, umm, pleasant.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

TIL. I was just a young lad then***

Nov 30, 2017, 1:26 PM

I've never been a party to a call-in show that doesn't.

Nov 30, 2017, 1:17 PM [ in reply to lol that they censor their questions Mao style*** ]

Time is limited.

It's prudent, eliminates duplication and keeps people from waiting on hold for no good reason.

There's all kinds of goodness to knowing before hand for all involved.

Das ist eine sehr deutsche Geschichte***

Nov 30, 2017, 12:02 PM

Re: Das ist eine sehr deutsche Geschichte***

Nov 30, 2017, 12:04 PM

ja

Nov 30, 2017, 12:11 PM

Ich bin ein doughnut.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Haha, you done learned me something...

Nov 30, 2017, 12:12 PM

that's awesome.

Nov 30, 2017, 12:16 PM [ in reply to Das ist eine sehr deutsche Geschichte*** ]

He was leaving anyway.

Nov 30, 2017, 12:25 PM

Something bout an interview in Knoxville, I think.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow, the FSU staff are classless...now I understand...

Nov 30, 2017, 1:16 PM

...where the players get it from.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Call-in shows are stupid waste of time to begin with ...

Nov 30, 2017, 1:27 PM

The world would be a better place without them.

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic