Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FSU QB situation
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 3,590

FSU QB situation

Sep 4, 2017, 1:19 AM

I didnt realize it until I looked to see who their backup is, but FSU is in dire straights. They do t have anything behind him. I read that the job will likely fall to James Blackmon. Dear Lord...this kid is not very good IMO. Not to mention that he is 6-4 6'5 170-185lbs. Rail thin, noodle arm (maybe not noodle but by no means anything to write home about) , makes terrible decisions with the ball, not a fluid, natural or instinctive runner. Pocket presence sucks...he feels pressure that isnt there, gives up on his targets when he doesnt have to, long delivery, poor footwork. I wont go as far as saying he is slow but we have 300+lb'ers that could run him down from behind.

I read some of the scouting reports on him and they are not at all indicative of what Ive watched.
f he was about to step on the field to start for our Tigers, I would be extremely worried. No way in Hades, they win the ACC with him at the helm.

If FSU's fate rests in his hands, they are looking at a bad, bad year. I hope Cam Akers cancarry the all 40-50 times a game and handle 8 in the box, because no one is going to fear anything down field.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FSU QB situation

Sep 4, 2017, 1:51 AM

It's times like what has happen to FSU that makes players step up and be better than they should be!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 4, 2017, 7:48 AM

And to have a crappy O-line on top of that. It can't go good for them.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 4, 2017, 8:52 AM

How do you know he is not good with this expert analysis? Have you seen him throw a college pass yet. If you have give us your insight. Only reason I'm saying this is bc college fans are quick to make a week 1 assumption on the season with minimal information. I have seen nothing but this all weekend.

Sep 4, 2017, 8:55 AM

And if you are going off recruiting ranking please keep in mind Lamar Jackson was a 3 star as well and I think he turned out fine. Don't just crown us the ACC champs after we looked good against a team that wouldn't even pass the ball.

Did you go to HS with kid?

Sep 4, 2017, 9:05 AM

You speak as if you have seen him play a ton.

Kid is a true freshman on scholly at a football powerhouse, who is coached by what many consider one of best offensive minds in college football. I'd say he has plenty of talent.

Let's not assume FSU is going to instantly become garbage. They are still loaded on D and skill positions.

Re: Did you go to HS with kid?

Sep 4, 2017, 9:17 AM

I agree. I have not read where FSU has contacted the commissioners office with letters of forfeiture for the remainder of their games.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FSU doesn't typically recruit scrubs...

Sep 4, 2017, 9:45 AM

and Blackman is no exception.

Here's my take on the kid;

Blackman is listed at 185 pounds which is a generous estimate. He's probably closer to 175. He has not been in the FSU strength and conditioning program very long. With the FSU OL still a work in progress, it is inevitable that Blackman is going to take some shots. Can his small frame withstand the punishment. This is probably the biggest concern for FSU coaches.

Fortunately for FSU and Blackman, he has a ton of skill talent around him to ease the transition and take some of the pressure off.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Sep 4, 2017, 9:53 AM

Obviously after the Francois injury Clemson looks to be the front runner for the Atlantic. We will know a lot more after next Saturday. If Clemson handles Auburn we may be a lot more dangerous than some people think

Sep 4, 2017, 10:23 AM

Is there any doubt in your mind that we are not dangerous and if so why??

Sep 4, 2017, 10:41 AM

What do you have to go on other than we won the championship last year? Any Power 5 team would do that to Kent State.

Sep 4, 2017, 4:59 PM [ in reply to Re: FSU QB situation ]

Just a lot of unprovens still. Just want to see how KB and the run game hold up against legit competition. I think they will be great honestly but you never know until you actually play

Replies: 11
| visibility 3,590
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic