Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FSU, Louisiana-Monroe rescheduled for Dec. 2......WOW!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 2,983

FSU, Louisiana-Monroe rescheduled for Dec. 2......WOW!

Nov 7, 2017, 3:50 PM

The Florida State Seminoles have rescheduled their home game against the ULM Warhawks for Saturday, Dec. 2, 2017, the school announced on Tuesday.

The game is slated for a noon ET kickoff at Doak Campbell Stadium in Tallahassee. Television coverage for the game will be announced later.

“I appreciate the efforts of our administration as well as the administration and Coach Viator at ULM to get this game rescheduled,” head coach Jimbo Fisher said. “It was unfortunate for both teams that we were not able to play this game in September, and both teams deserve the chance to play their 12th game of the season. Any time we have the opportunity to play in Doak Campbell Stadium in front of our fans we are excited. However, this week our complete focus is on Clemson.”

Florida State and ULM were originally scheduled to meet on Saturday, Sept. 9 in Tallahassee. However, the effects of Hurricane Irma forced the game to be canceled. FSU was only able to reschedule the game for this season because they didn’t qualify for the ACC Championship Game.

Although the Sun Belt plays conference games on Dec. 2, ULM was scheduled to close their regular-season on Nov. 25 and was not scheduled to play that day.

So far this season, Florida State is 3-5 overall and 3-4 in ACC play. With games remaining at Clemson, vs. Delaware State, at Florida, and now vs. ULM, the Seminoles might be able to get to 6-6 and qualify for a bowl game.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FSU, Louisiana-Monroe rescheduled for Dec. 2......WOW!

Nov 7, 2017, 3:52 PM

I knew this was in the works. ULM should have charged FSU enough to build a new stadium for the game.

I will laugh for a year if ULM beats them!

Nov 7, 2017, 3:53 PM

funny how suddenly rescheduling became important to them. Please clobber them Tigers so they unltimately stay home at bowl time.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do they really want to do this?

Nov 7, 2017, 3:59 PM

I know it could be a factor in getting them into a bowl this year, which is more money and good for recruiting, more practice time, etc, but how does that compare to what it might do to their program if they lose this game, adding a truckload of salt into a monster wound?

There might be something more valuable to getting this season over and done with and focusing on next season as quickly as possible.

Not saying all that hasn't been considered, but they may just be assuming FSU wins this game when thinking of the pros and cons.

Re: Do they really want to do this?

Nov 7, 2017, 4:29 PM

Actually some bowl games are money losers. We went to the Boise Blue Field Bowl back in the Bowden days and the school had to spend money to go. So FSU will give a school $1M to come play a game that they might lose to get in a low-ranked bowl that may be unprofitable. Pride sure is a B!tch.

Toilet Bowl***

Nov 7, 2017, 6:27 PM

Nov 7, 2017, 4:12 PM

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/thread/Rivalry-Week-for-UF-38;-FSU-could-interesting-and-ridiculous-1741857&ref=rail

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

the tickets have already been sold

Nov 7, 2017, 6:30 PM

so this bails them out from refunding a couple million dollars. I see nothing at all wrong with this.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They’ll get to 6 wins

Nov 7, 2017, 6:30 PM

But they would also be the first 5-win to get a bowl game, if anyone does so this year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 2,983
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic