Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FSU
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1,725

FSU

Aug 25, 2016, 9:35 AM

I've not seen enough media respect for Clemson in this game. What do we know about Francois? I feel like FS has more major unknowns than does Clemson, chief among them being their QB play in a marquee game like this one. Clemson certainly has some question marks on defense, but if we can learn from early defensive mistakes and capitalize on the first half of the season's lessons, by late October Clemson ought to have this one in the bag. Tough environment or no. Thoughts?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Welcome to t-net***

Aug 25, 2016, 9:40 AM

Young Grasshopper must learn that we must

Aug 25, 2016, 9:42 AM

F O C U S

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: Young Grasshopper must learn that we must

Aug 25, 2016, 9:52 AM

We have the best offense in college football, without a doubt. But we also have question marks at DE and in our secondary. FSU is a tough place to play and they return their entire offense. If Francois sucks, they will have Mcguire back in time for us. It's gonna be a very difficult game, but one we can win. I honestly think both Clemson and FSU are playoff teams. Doubt they will let the ACC have 2 of the 4 slots, but they probably should.

Louisville also returns 18 starters from last year. Glad that game is in the Valley.

Media picked Clemson to win the ACC this year by a

Aug 25, 2016, 9:43 AM

landslide. First place votes:

Clemson 144
FSU 39
UNC 7
Louisville 1

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who is FSU?

Aug 25, 2016, 9:47 AM

One game at a time, rook.......

Re: Who is FSU?

Aug 25, 2016, 10:05 AM

This is THE game. The one that punches your ticket to the playoff if you're Clemson. Don't wanna overlook any of the rest of the schedule but... let's be real.

No Auburn is THE game....ask Dabo and players

Aug 25, 2016, 10:39 AM

Focus!

I'll bite

Aug 25, 2016, 10:02 AM

Francois is the superior athlete on FSU's QB depth chart. As Dabo has pointed out recently, however, athleticism doesn't make one a good QB. For all of his speed and agility, Francois couldn't earn the job over Sean Maguire. That doesn't say much for his effectiveness, does it? The kid can run and throw, no question. He doesn't have command of the game, however, and makes poor decisions too often for Jimbo's confidence to be earned. With Maguire out for a while, Francois will be the starter. We'll see if he can grow in his understanding of the game.

I said before the Maguire injury that if Francois could earn the job, FSU instantly becomes a much better team offensively. He hasn't taken it from Maguire though. If Maguire is back by Oct 29 and starts the game against us, I think it simply comes down to avoiding turnovers and we win. If Francois has earned the start, it will be a toss-up game, IMO. Their offense should be better with him in the game, IF he has learned not to force plays and take stupid risks.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Re: FSU

Aug 25, 2016, 10:04 AM

The way I look at it; there are 7 games before that game. So worry less about what the analysts are saying and more about who we're playing next week. :) It's easier to manage the stress that way.

FSU vs. Louisville Sept. 17th will tell us much about what

Aug 25, 2016, 10:35 AM

to expect from both teams. Louisville will be better than expected.

National writers don't have time to research every team's recruiting and depth charts to better understand each team's potential. They still haven't caught up to how well we have recruited these last 4 years. Plus, given the type of player that we are recruiting, there is relatively less turnover on our roster as each player is more likely to reach his potential and contribute while at Clemson.

FSU recruiting, on the other hand, has been highly respected nationally for quite some time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're worried about FSU late in the season? I'm concerned

Aug 25, 2016, 11:16 AM

about Wyoming,that gane will be here before we know it and I don't even think Dabo has a countdown clock for it yet.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: You're worried about FSU late in the season? I'm concerned

Aug 25, 2016, 11:30 AM

I posted a few days ago about Francois and asking how good he is. Is he for real?

I think for sure he is a good player but after posting I looked up his high school stats. Very podestrian numbers and only completed 54 percent of his passes

Replies: 12
| visibility 1,725
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic