Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dancing with Boulware...and other no calls
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1,093

Dancing with Boulware...and other no calls

Oct 19, 2016, 11:34 AM
IMG_8948.JPG(115.2 K)
IMG_8949.JPG(117.5 K)
IMG_8950.JPG(113.7 K)

Just watched the NC State Game tape and winners don't whine about calls. We usually only hear from the losers it seems...... This ain't my first rodeo watching Game tape...BUT - I was shocked by the sheer number of holding calls that were ignored or missed- and they called a bunch! Watching the tape, it was obvious that NC State's gameplan involved coaching their over-matched TE's, Lineman, WR's and DB's to hold / grab / tie up / chop block and tackle the opponent and hope only small % gets called.
It almost worked - until Karma bit back..... not a bad philosophy if you know that is your only chance to block or beat somebody. (Louisville did it too-not to this degree-- but I digress)

The picts are just one example of a non-call in a crucial NC State redzone scoring drive -on the 12 yd line. There were many more I assure you. Tank makes the tackle because Ben is being absolutely mugged- complete with backyard ball style, arm-bar right in front of the runner and ref. (yes- that is my son's halloween Bear in pict)
Good thing we can overcome and adjust.. Ben was chest pressing/popping blockers in most cases before impact to keep their hands off of him, when possible, so they started cut blocking him or ran him out of the play with coverage.
Not sure if ya'll notice this too - when not in press man - our WR's are being held during cuts/ breaks to alter timing and separation after breaks. Happening more this year than last year. Our line may need to get better at holding if this trend continues of letting them play...and the Tank PI call on final drive was comical...I am aware I am Whining and Winning - but all the posts about Louisville and NC State blaming the refs is getting old. Find a way to win...we did.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dancing with Boulware...and other no calls

Oct 19, 2016, 11:39 AM

You're still talking about this because???

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Because he wants to?

Oct 19, 2016, 11:53 AM

Because he's pointing out that teams who are complaining about bad/no calls are the beneficiary of them as well?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"FOREVER" Clemson at 69% "coot alert"!***

Oct 19, 2016, 6:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Dancing with Boulware...and other no calls ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1,093
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic