Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Parent.Net - School issued computers - buddybook
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 420

Parent.Net - School issued computers - buddybook

Oct 23, 2019, 10:13 AM

Does your school block buddybook or come up with a lame reasons that kids use it for the the school clubs they belong to?

They don't allow cellphones in class but they do allow buddybook, WUT?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"something in these hills..." -joe sherman

Buddybook is blocked.

Oct 23, 2019, 10:14 AM

twatter is blocked.

Everything else is wide open

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

You mean the ones the kids actually use?

Oct 23, 2019, 10:21 AM

A friend of mine from high school has a daughter in 5th grade. This person was carrying on the other day about "going through her daughter's phone." I'm thinking to myself, "Why in the hell does the kid have a phone."

Of all the parenting things I don't fully comprehend, this may be the biggest one. Kids these days cannot go anyplace without an adult. Why does any kid need a phone any sooner than when they start to drive themselves places?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I bet she's had an ipad since 1st grade***

Oct 23, 2019, 10:32 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My 3rd grader went to a sleepover recently and was mad

Oct 23, 2019, 10:38 AM [ in reply to You mean the ones the kids actually use? ]

when she came home because everyone else brought their "devices" (Cell phones or ipads).

I don't understand why you need a device when you are hanging out with your friends.. kids these days are going be worse than millenials.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Me either, I can't imagine kids that age

Oct 23, 2019, 10:43 AM

are playing any game on them that has some of that social connectivity.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lawls. 3rd Grader asked for a phone the other day.

Oct 23, 2019, 11:24 AM [ in reply to You mean the ones the kids actually use? ]

The short and sweet of it was, if you can prove to me that you need a phone, you can have a phone. She agreed. She doesn't have any device to use. We aint into that stuff. Bought cheap Amazon devices when they were small and they became angry zombies and argued over them, etc so we just took them away and never replaced.

Girl who works with me said her daughter got a phone last year at 9 years old. A freaking iPhone for a 4th grader.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who is a 4th grader going to call?

Oct 23, 2019, 11:30 AM

I see people dropping their kids off at school every morning, and at least 40% of them are driving and talking on a phone.

WHO THE HELL ARE THEY TALKING TO AT 7 AM??

If its 7 AM and I'm awake, I don't want to talk to ANYONE.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

State troopers***

Oct 23, 2019, 11:31 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yours only call him because they know him***

Oct 23, 2019, 11:34 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FL just made a law that you cannot hold a cell phone while

Oct 23, 2019, 12:51 PM [ in reply to Who is a 4th grader going to call? ]

driving in a school zone.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Buddybook is blocked.

Oct 23, 2019, 10:23 AM [ in reply to Buddybook is blocked. ]

Can I get your school policy? First year high school has issued computers to students and it looks like they are the keystone cops. Have to have a little meeting on friday with the school and want to be prepared.

I see kids walking around and bumping into things

Oct 23, 2019, 10:32 AM

while glued to cell phones. It's sad really. Had a claim where a young guy died. Was struck by a train. He had ear phones in and was playing a game on his phone. Was 18yo. I won't go into any further details. Granted he was at a temporary construction crossing, so no horn blew. But still, it's not hard to miss hearing and seeing an approaching train, especially when your job is to monitor the track at the construction crossing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

At the risk of sounding callous....Good, #### these people

Oct 23, 2019, 11:05 AM

I hope they all die in single car accidents or something similar to that guy before they kill someone else.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not sure what this means

Oct 23, 2019, 11:01 AM [ in reply to Re: Buddybook is blocked. ]

I'm a facebook coach for god's sake

ELI5

This looks like a good one

Oct 23, 2019, 11:41 AM [ in reply to Re: Buddybook is blocked. ]

https://www.oprfhs.org/educational-technology/acceptable-use-policy-students

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

generic written by lawyer to cover their selves***

Oct 23, 2019, 11:51 AM

Replies: 16
| visibility 420
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic