Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FGF reference to Dabo
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

FGF reference to Dabo

Nov 7, 2013, 1:25 PM

Someone on that delusional board referenced this in response to Dabo trade marking his name. They had better look in their own backyard; this definition fits "Old Ball Sack" to a T

Carolina Bo
Post #3314
MyFanPage
Add Buddy
Ignore

Re: Dabo Trademarked his name! Reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Narcissism

Traits and signs[edit]

A 2012 popular book on power-hungry narcissists suggests that narcissists typically display most, and sometimes all, of the following traits:[6]

An obvious self-focus in interpersonal exchanges
Problems in sustaining satisfying relationships
A lack of psychological awareness (see insight in psychology and psychiatry, egosyntonic)
Difficulty with empathy
Problems distinguishing the self from others (see narcissism and boundaries)
Hypersensitivity to any insults or imagined insults (see criticism and narcissists, narcissistic rage and narcissistic injury)
Vulnerability to shame rather than guilt
Haughty body language
Flattery towards people who admire and affirm them (narcissistic supply)
Detesting those who do not admire them (narcissistic abuse)
Using other people without considering the cost of doing so
Pretending to be more important than they really are
Bragging (subtly but persistently) and exaggerating their achievements
Claiming to be an "expert" at many things
Inability to view the world from the perspective of other people
Denial of remorse and gratitude

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It is a little Pot-Meet-Kettle considering our coach

Nov 7, 2013, 1:29 PM

isn't the one with his own brand of bottom-shelf red wine...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It is a little Pot-Meet-Kettle considering our coach

Nov 7, 2013, 1:43 PM

Now we know why spurlid was gassed at his TV show taping. Too much bad, cheap red wine.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let's be fair

Nov 7, 2013, 1:31 PM

They love their coach, we love ours. The rest of the country doesn't like either of them and views both coaches as arrogant and narcissistic.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Let's be fair- really?

Nov 7, 2013, 1:34 PM

certainly Spurrier has been around long enough to have some haters but I dont think Dabo has done enough or been around long wenough to rub people elsewhere the wrong way

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 7, 2013, 1:40 PM

Dude, take your blinders off. I get reamed daily in my office by the Dabo-haters (not USC people either). It comes with being successful. Look at the top coaches out there, everyone hates them too. My goodness the ignorance on this board is astounding sometimes.

Nov 7, 2013, 1:45 PM

successful like losing by 30 some at home or in a BCS bowl?

yeah right

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 7, 2013, 1:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Let's be fair- really? ]

If you really feel this way, trust me we won't miss you, so go on back to fgf where you belong closet coot

if you get reamed by dabo haters at work, that only means

Nov 7, 2013, 1:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Let's be fair- really? ]

you tend to lay your side of the argument on a little thick. 99% of the time, a strong defense comes in response to a supposed (or perceived) strong offense.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think people hate Dabo so much as they just don't

Nov 7, 2013, 3:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Let's be fair- really? ]

have much respect for him. Always waiting for his next outburst. I do think he has a certain Ozzie Guillen trait to him. Take the whole tweet that rant and the 5-10 with FSU this year. This served to deflect any heat away from the team and right on him.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The rest of the country seems to love Dabo, with Stevie,

Nov 7, 2013, 1:35 PM [ in reply to Let's be fair ]

once you get passed the ESPN nutlicking , most sall him what he is and only respect ole Steve for his record. He will never be looked at like Miles, Saban or Bobby Bowden.

Re: The rest of the country seems to love Dabo, with Stevie,

Nov 7, 2013, 1:40 PM

Nor like Dabo!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Let's be fair

Nov 7, 2013, 1:42 PM [ in reply to Let's be fair ]

You are very wrong about people other than, mainly, coot fans disliking Dabo.

I don't think people dislike him, but I do think many people

Nov 7, 2013, 1:51 PM [ in reply to Let's be fair ]

find him kind of goofy. I live outside SC so I get some other fans' perspectives, and many don't have a problem with Dabo at all. I've heard many talk about how goofy he is, but goofy is not arrogant or narcissistic.

He wears his emotions on his sleeve

Nov 7, 2013, 3:02 PM

which is the opposite of what guys like Saban do.

Personally, I like coaches who have emotion vs. ones who don't. He goes over the top sometimes, but that's just who he is. Players love him, and that's what's important.

I agree. Goofy is not a bad thing.***

Nov 7, 2013, 4:07 PM

Re: I don't think people dislike him, but I do think many people

Nov 7, 2013, 4:21 PM [ in reply to I don't think people dislike him, but I do think many people ]

if dabo and spurrier coached somewhere else it would be interesting to read what tnetters had to say about both. but I bet it would not be the same as it is now.

^^^Dirtpecker fo sure^^^***

Nov 7, 2013, 1:54 PM [ in reply to Let's be fair ]

I can't argue against your experience

Nov 7, 2013, 2:19 PM [ in reply to Let's be fair ]

However, mine has been entirely different.

In my time of discussing football with folks around the country as I travel I often get exactly the opposite views on Dabo.

Most see him as goofy, no doubt, but typically the folks admire his energy and have never come close to saying he was arrogant or anything close.

It is anecdotal, I know, but I'm not sure I buy your assertion of widespread negative public opinions on Dabo.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Swinney is arrogant? Does he sign his own shirts too?***

Nov 7, 2013, 2:32 PM [ in reply to Let's be fair ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Let's be fair

Nov 7, 2013, 2:54 PM [ in reply to Let's be fair ]

I live in another part of the country (kind of) and people in KY will tell in a split second that Spurrier is a narcisstic, arrogant ####...no questions about it. People seem to like Dabo, but think he can be a little goofy at times. I've never heard anyone say Dabo is arrogant beside Gamecock fans.

Re: FGF reference to Dabo

Nov 7, 2013, 1:41 PM

They do know their coach is Steve Spurrier right? The epitome of narcissism. Dabo trademarked his name 5 years ago when he started his foundation. It wasn't like he did it to make a quick buck, he makes millions of dollars a year, I doubt he's worried about selling some "Dabo" t-shirts.

I think Dabo did this about 5 yrs ago. Why are we talking

Nov 7, 2013, 1:48 PM

about this now?

Nov 7, 2013, 2:15 PM

Gamecock fans can say what they want about Dabo, but I predict we will never in our lives see someone write articles about him anywhere close to the following:

Part 1: http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/62295900/

Part 2: http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/62340648/

As "Spew" Spurrier shows no respect for others to include the Gamecocks when he was at Florida, may I remind Gamecock fans that at one time they didn't like him either. These articles also put a spotlight on the fact that Spurrier's attack on The State's Ron Morris is "business as usual" for him.

Nov 7, 2013, 2:16 PM

Gamecock fans can say what they want about Dabo, but I predict we will never in our lives see someone write articles about him anywhere close to the following:

Part 1: http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/62295900/

Part 2: http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/62340648/

As "Spew" Spurrier shows no respect for others to include the Gamecocks when he was at Florida, may I remind Gamecock fans that at one time they didn't like him either. These articles also put a spotlight on the fact that Spurrier's attack on The State's Ron Morris is "business as usual" for him.

Ozzie?

Nov 7, 2013, 3:41 PM

He has never went off on an Ozzie G type of rant..... Ever !!! Never heard him spew curse word after curse word . So to even try that crap is laughable. Nobody that Is a fan of anyone else in the country sees Dabo the way the coots do. But EVERYBODY in The country sees Spurrier the way clemson fans do !!! And that is a fact!!!

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic